Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 192 of 195 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1945
  1. #1911
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveBamber View Post
    Thanks for looking Philippe - here's a shorter log & updated config file
    Some additional info that may or may not help - I'm running the latest nightly build

    Version: 8.1.2 - 1613972332 @ Mon Feb 22 08:37:44 CET 2021

    and I'm now getting different behaviour from my three Chromecast devices.

    The Chromecast Audio behaves as per previous post/logs

    A regular Chromecast attached to my TV works ok however - the log of it playing the same queue is attached, it advances to the second track as expected.

    The Audio reports firmware version 1.42.172094

    The Regular Chromecast reports 1.36.159268

    EDIT** Turns out the Nest Mini still works ok with the latest build after all - not sure what happened the first attempt, it's firmware version is 1.50.229149

    2nd EDIT** Chromecast Audio has started working again !?

    I don't think it's worth spending any time on this Philippe - maybe it was a oddity with a nightly build, but I can't reproduce it at the moment.

    If it comes back or I work out what the combination was that caused the issue I'll let you know
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveBamber; 2021-02-24 at 03:08.

  2. #1912
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveBamber View Post
    Some additional info that may or may not help - I'm running the latest nightly build

    Version: 8.1.2 - 1613972332 @ Mon Feb 22 08:37:44 CET 2021

    and I'm now getting different behaviour from my three Chromecast devices.

    The Chromecast Audio behaves as per previous post/logs

    A regular Chromecast attached to my TV works ok however - the log of it playing the same queue is attached, it advances to the second track as expected.

    The Audio reports firmware version 1.42.172094

    The Regular Chromecast reports 1.36.159268

    EDIT** Turns out the Nest Mini still works ok with the latest build after all - not sure what happened the first attempt, it's firmware version is 1.50.229149

    2nd EDIT** Chromecast Audio has started working again !?

    I don't think it's worth spending any time on this Philippe - maybe it was a oddity with a nightly build, but I can't reproduce it at the moment.

    If it comes back or I work out what the combination was that caused the issue I'll let you know
    My CCA is 1.42 and still works as well. I've seen a few times Google releasing very buggy version that caused disasters. Maybe they have issued quick changes ...
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  3. #1913
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79

    Chromecast bridge v1.49.11 keeps crashing if FLAC transcode selected

    Since updating to Chromecast bridge to v1.49.11, I am unable to run the FLAC transcode option. The default settings (no transcode) work but as soon as transcode to FLAC is selected, the plugin keeps crashing and going into a loop. There is no playback.

    I have uninstalled the plugin, reinstalled, erased and regenerated the config file several times. No change.

    Log of one loop attached. The next line is it restarting again after a crash. No obvious errors?

    FLAC crash1.txt

    Anyone else got similar issues? I would try rolling back the plugin version but I do not know where to find older version.
    Last edited by humax99; 2021-03-10 at 04:04.

  4. #1914
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79
    I have attached a more complete log showing 4 restarts after the FLAC transcode option was saved. Two attempts were made to try and play the track.

    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.2 - 1612378848
    Fedora release 23
    Operating system: Red Hat - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.22.2 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi

    Thanks.

    FLAC crash2.txt

  5. #1915
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by humax99 View Post
    Since updating to Chromecast bridge to v1.49.11, I am unable to run the FLAC transcode option. The default settings (no transcode) work but as soon as transcode to FLAC is selected, the plugin keeps crashing and going into a loop. There is no playback.

    I have uninstalled the plugin, reinstalled, erased and regenerated the config file several times. No change.

    Log of one loop attached. The next line is it restarting again after a crash. No obvious errors?

    FLAC crash1.txt

    Anyone else got similar issues? I would try rolling back the plugin version but I do not know where to find older version.
    Do you know what was your previous version?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  6. #1916
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Do you know what was your previous version?
    I am pretty sure v1.49.6 was working OK. I did upgrade to v1.49.9 but I can not be 100% sure I used LMS with a Chromecast with that version.

  7. #1917
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Do you know what was your previous version?
    Quote Originally Posted by humax99 View Post
    I am pretty sure v1.49.6 was working OK. I did upgrade to v1.49.9 but I can not be 100% sure I used LMS with a Chromecast with that version.
    Just noted that v1.49.6 was committed 25 days ago so that definitely must have worked OK.

  8. #1918
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by humax99 View Post
    Just noted that v1.49.6 was committed 25 days ago so that definitely must have worked OK.
    Are you playing local files? I can't reproduce the crash here
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  9. #1919
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Are you playing local files? I can't reproduce the crash here
    Everything I try causes it to crash; local FLAC files, Radio Paradise FLAC stream, BBC Sounds live feed.

  10. #1920
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Are you playing local files? I can't reproduce the crash here
    Quote Originally Posted by humax99 View Post
    Everything I try causes it to crash; local FLAC files, Radio Paradise FLAC stream, BBC Sounds live feed.
    Just tried local mp3 files and they are the same.

    If I select any format for transcoding; FLAC, PCM or mp3, the plugin goes into a restart loop.

    Are there any dependencies I can check? I just cant think of anything else that has changed? Server rebooted, etc, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •