Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 190 of 194 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1934
  1. #1891
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by pete105 View Post
    Hi Philippe,

    In answer to your question, I listen to mostly 16/44 FLACs and some MP3s locally, along with BBC Sounds, Spotty and Radio Paradise (FLAC). I experienced CastBridge crashing in each of these file types/apps.

    Since my last update, I experienced a crash with FLAC (Flow), so at this point I had covered all transcode options. When this happened, I decided move my LMS installation to a new NUC (something I had planned to do in future) with a fresh OS install and I reconfigured LMS/Castbridge from scratch. Having completed this, it appears the issue has now stabilised and I'm now able to play the same content via PCM (Flow) as expected. I will continue to keep an eye on this but it's looking good so far.

    In terms of a root cause, this hasn't provided an answer, but the issue was clearly specific to my original LMS setup so it's probably best to draw a line under it as it isn't affecting other people. I'll come back to you if this changes in future.

    Thanks for your help and continued development of CastBridge, which is such a useful plugin, and one of the main reasons I chose LMS.

    Cheers,

    Pete.
    After some extended testing, unfortunately I'm still seeing occasional crashing, despite now having a fresh installation of LMS on a new PC:

    Retarting Squeeze2cast after crash: C:\PROGRA~3\SQUEEZ~1\Cache\INSTAL~1\Plugins\CASTBR ~1\Bin\SQUEEZ~1.EXE -Z -b 192.168.0.10 -f C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Logs\castbridge.log -d all=debug -x C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs\castbridge.xml

    Any suggestions on next steps? When it works I have no other issues, but I just have to restart playback from time to time following a crash.

  2. #1892
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,921
    Quote Originally Posted by pete105 View Post
    After some extended testing, unfortunately I'm still seeing occasional crashing, despite now having a fresh installation of LMS on a new PC:

    Retarting Squeeze2cast after crash: C:\PROGRA~3\SQUEEZ~1\Cache\INSTAL~1\Plugins\CASTBR ~1\Bin\SQUEEZ~1.EXE -Z -b 192.168.0.10 -f C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Logs\castbridge.log -d all=debug -x C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\prefs\castbridge.xml

    Any suggestions on next steps? When it works I have no other issues, but I just have to restart playback from time to time following a crash.
    Could you try to have the squeeze2cast helper run on another device for a while, typically a Linux box? a Pi would be perfect. It does *not* have to run on the same computer than LMS. You can transfer the castbridge.xml file if you want to, but I assume that default would do well, so all you have to do is launch it. If you can do that, then I'll make a version with debug symbols and we'll know where is crashed using gdb. It's more complicated with Windows.

    All helpers are located here C:\PROGRA~3\SQUEEZ~1\Cache\INSTAL~1\Plugins\CASTBR ~1\Bin and names are self-explanatory. You can also pick them from there https://github.com/philippe44/LMS-to...pplication/bin
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  3. #1893
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Could you try to have the squeeze2cast helper run on another device for a while, typically a Linux box? a Pi would be perfect. It does *not* have to run on the same computer than LMS. You can transfer the castbridge.xml file if you want to, but I assume that default would do well, so all you have to do is launch it. If you can do that, then I'll make a version with debug symbols and we'll know where is crashed using gdb. It's more complicated with Windows.

    All helpers are located here C:\PROGRA~3\SQUEEZ~1\Cache\INSTAL~1\Plugins\CASTBR ~1\Bin and names are self-explanatory. You can also pick them from there https://github.com/philippe44/LMS-to...pplication/bin
    Yes I'm happy to have a go at this. I must confess my Linux skills are minimal but I'll learn. I have recently purchased a Pi which runs PiCorePlayer currently, but I can swap the card. Any particular OS/distribution I should use for this? I've found the various helper files so presumably I should choose one of the ARM variants (static?).

  4. #1894
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,921
    Quote Originally Posted by pete105 View Post
    Yes I'm happy to have a go at this. I must confess my Linux skills are minimal but I'll learn. I have recently purchased a Pi which runs PiCorePlayer currently, but I can swap the card. Any particular OS/distribution I should use for this? I've found the various helper files so presumably I should choose one of the ARM variants (static?).
    Any distribution will do, I use either Raspian (Raspberry OS as they call it now). It's unfortunate that Armbian cannot be used but there is a dogmatic fight about armbian & pi.

    Use the -static version otherwise you will have to add codecs' shared libs as they are not all there by default. It's a simple as copy the squeeze2cast-armv6hf somewhere, make it executable if needed (chmod +x) and launch it by typing ./squeeze2cast-armv6hf. From there, if it crashes, I'll build the debug version and we should "easily" find the problem
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  5. #1895
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Any distribution will do, I use either Raspian (Raspberry OS as they call it now). It's unfortunate that Armbian cannot be used but there is a dogmatic fight about armbian & pi.

    Use the -static version otherwise you will have to add codecs' shared libs as they are not all there by default. It's a simple as copy the squeeze2cast-armv6hf somewhere, make it executable if needed (chmod +x) and launch it by typing ./squeeze2cast-armv6hf. From there, if it crashes, I'll build the debug version and we should "easily" find the problem
    No problem, I'll get this set up and report back. Thanks Philippe.

  6. #1896
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    3

    Error loading config file

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I shutdown all my firewalls and rebooted the server. Nothing changed.
    I turned everything back on and rebooted. Nothing happened.
    I delete the log file to start clean. After reboot my Firewall asked if I wanted to make an exception for the program.
    I did and now it works. Thanks.
    I have the same problem, even after having the firewall prompt to make an exception (which I agreed to) but it's made no change for me. Which log file did you delete - castbridge-log.log?

  7. #1897
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by pete105 View Post
    No problem, I'll get this set up and report back. Thanks Philippe.
    A quick update on this Philippe. I decided to order a new memory card for my Pi to test this set up, as I currently use PiCorePlayer on the existing card, and wanted to preserve the configuration. In the meantime, I linked a service crash event to me using an Nvidia Shield TV Pro to cast some content from my phone. I wasn't using LMS or playing any music at the time, and the Shield was unticked in the configuration file. Despite this, I noted that in the log file that the bridge service had crashed and the player had changed in LMS.

    Following this, I tried to delete the Shield and a Chromecast with Google TV I have on the network from the XML file, but they kept repopulating (by design, presumably). Following this I stopped the bridge, turned off the XML autosave option and ensured that both of these devices were removed again.

    Since then, I haven't had any crashing issues. Occasionally I have an issue where playback gets "stuck" at the end of a track and I have to manually advance it to the next track, but the service doesn't crash. I will try and obtain a log file the next time this happens.

    I'm still happy to complete the test process you suggested, but if no one else is having the issue then it may not be worth investing any more time in doing this, as I don't want to cast music to the Shield. Let me know if you still want me to try this to help debugging the plugin.

    Thanks,

    Pete.

  8. #1898
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by pete105 View Post
    Occasionally I have an issue where playback gets "stuck" at the end of a track and I have to manually advance it to the next track, but the service doesn't crash. I will try and obtain a log file the next time this happens.

    I'm still happy to complete the test process you suggested, but if no one else is having the issue then it may not be worth investing any more time in doing this, as I don't want to cast music to the Shield. Let me know if you still want me to try this to help debugging the plugin.

    Thanks,

    Pete.
    I certainly am having issues and never could get the Chromecast Bridge to work reliably. I had the same problems as you about 'getting stuck' on tracks and not advancing. I was never able to reproduce it, as it seemed totally random. You can read about my Problems starting with this post.... It may have some relevance to what you are experiencing.

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post985424

    So I for one appreciate your efforts on this!
    Last edited by Cut-Throat; 2021-02-06 at 08:56.

  9. #1899
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
    I certainly am having issues and never could get the Chromecast Bridge to work reliably. I had the same problems as you about 'getting stuck' on tracks and not advancing. I was never able to reproduce it, as it seemed totally random. You can read about my Problems starting with this post.... It may have some relevance to what you are experiencing.

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post985424

    So I for one appreciate your efforts on this!
    I've just read through this thread Cut-Throat, thanks for sharing. In my case, when playing to one of the 3 CCAs I have, or the Home group that contains these devices, I'm not trying to play or sync to any other none CCA device at the same time. I've turned off synchronisation options for all CCAs, as per the guidance on this forum.

    I'll try and share a log file the next time I experience the playback sticking issue I described. There doesn't appear to be any kind of pattern to this that I can see so far, but it doesn't happen when playing to a USB DAC or the Pi, so this does suggest it's an issue with the Chromecast Bridge. Although I could just switch to using these other devices instead of the CCAs, this is such a useful plugin I was hoping to get it working properly, so I'm happy to spend some more time troubleshooting.

  10. #1900
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,921
    Quote Originally Posted by pete105 View Post
    I've just read through this thread Cut-Throat, thanks for sharing. In my case, when playing to one of the 3 CCAs I have, or the Home group that contains these devices, I'm not trying to play or sync to any other none CCA device at the same time. I've turned off synchronisation options for all CCAs, as per the guidance on this forum.

    I'll try and share a log file the next time I experience the playback sticking issue I described. There doesn't appear to be any kind of pattern to this that I can see so far, but it doesn't happen when playing to a USB DAC or the Pi, so this does suggest it's an issue with the Chromecast Bridge. Although I could just switch to using these other devices instead of the CCAs, this is such a useful plugin I was hoping to get it working properly, so I'm happy to spend some more time troubleshooting.
    Try to get a reproducible "track not advancing event", these are the easiest for me to fix as I have a lot of log options when it happens
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •