Announce: CastBridge = integrate Chromecast players with LMS (squeeze2cast)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

Here is the list https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• slartibartfast
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by philippe_44

oh but you can't have just dsf. I don't think CC devices support it and anyway if you have only it then it will only accept dsf in thru mode. I was not really checking that before. If you want to try to *add* a codec to the default list, do "+dsf" or repeat the whole list
      It plays dsf as PCM anyway without adding the dsf codec so I don't know why I added it. Anyway it seems the problem is solved 😀
      Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
      Bedroom: Radio
      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• philippe_44
        • May 2008

Originally posted by slartibartfast

It plays dsf as PCM anyway without adding the dsf codec so I don't know why I added it. Anyway it seems the problem is solved 😀
        It's getting transcoded because the reported list of codecs to LMS by the bridge does not include dsf
        LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• slartibartfast
          • Jan 2010

It's getting transcoded because the reported list of codecs to LMS by the bridge does not include dsf
          When I added dsf I was probably thinking of the Upnp bridge where I do add dsf for an mpd player with a DAC that handles dsf natively
          Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
          Bedroom: Radio
          Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• The Groundsman
            • Jun 2020

I noticed a problem yesterday on the bridge 3.0.1. When I skip a track that's playing, the next track in the queue starts as expected, but it ends part of the way through and doesn't complete. The player then continues through the queue as normal. to the next track etc.

I have updated to 3.0.2 today and the problem still exists. I'm listening on a Chromecast Audio. The track I skipped is starts at 07:42:58:

Some logs attached

castbridge 20231222.log.zip

server 20231222.log.zip
            Attached Files
            Last edited by The Groundsman; 2023-12-22, 09:30. Reason: correcting version numbers
            Nicholas

RPi4 / piCorePlayer v9.0.0 / LMS V: 9.0.0 / Hifiberry Digi+
            4 Chromecast (2 mini ;1 Chromecast Audio; 1 Chromecast) 1 Airplay and occasionally a UPnP device.

Comment

• oyvindo
              • Aug 2008

For some time I've had this entry into the log:
              Code:
              Slim::Networking::Repositories::__ANON__ (147) Failed to fetch http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lms-plugins-philippe44/repo-sf.xml: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected
              I suppose this is because the URL to the repository at some point has been changed, and I failed to pay attention?
              Can someone please tell me what the correct repository URL is now?
              QNAP TS-453Be 4x3TB RAID5 QNAP TS-251 2x3TB RAID0 QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0 QNAP TS-453Mini 2x1TB Raid 10
              LMS running in Docker Madsonic running in Docker Guacamole QPGK R&D and Test server
              Home Assistant running in Docker Node-Red running in Docker RainLoop QPKG
              Pi-Hole running in Docker Bastillion running in Docker DeConz running in Docker w/ConBee II
              Mosquitto MQTT running in Docker

Comment

• philippe_44
                • May 2008

Originally posted by oyvindo
                For some time I've had this entry into the log:
                Code:
                Slim::Networking::Repositories::__ANON__ (147) Failed to fetch http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lms-plugins-philippe44/repo-sf.xml: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected
                I suppose this is because the URL to the repository at some point has been changed, and I failed to pay attention?
                Can someone please tell me what the correct repository URL is now?
                You can remove additional repositories. It's part of main 3rd parties now

Comment

• oyvindo
                  • Aug 2008

Ok, from which version of LMS did that happen?
                  (I'm still running LMS Version: 8.4.0 - 1670824785 @ Mon Dec 12 07:42:57 CET 2022 in a docker container)
                  QNAP TS-453Be 4x3TB RAID5 QNAP TS-251 2x3TB RAID0 QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0 QNAP TS-453Mini 2x1TB Raid 10
                  LMS running in Docker Madsonic running in Docker Guacamole QPGK R&D and Test server
                  Pi-Hole running in Docker Bastillion running in Docker DeConz running in Docker w/ConBee II

Comment

• philippe_44
                    • May 2008

(I'm still running LMS Version: 8.4.0 - 1670824785 @ Mon Dec 12 07:42:57 CET 2022 in a docker container)
                    oh, probably 2 years ago at least

Comment

• oyvindo
                      • Aug 2008

oh, probably 2 years ago at least
                      Ok, but what version of LMS ?

Comment

• mherger
                        Babelfish's Best Boy
                        • Apr 2005

The repositories are managed outside the LMS version. You should always get the latest plugin information, no matter the LMS version you use.
                        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• oyvindo
                          • Aug 2008

I see, thanks 👍
                          By the way - what is the most up-to-date version of LMS right now?

Comment

• Paul Webster
                            • Apr 2005

8.4 from 5th December - but this can change daily - so check via
                            Download Lyrion Music Server / Logitech Media Server to feed music to your Squeezebox, Squeezelite based players or SqueezePlay and compatible software packages. Free the Music!

edit:
                            oops - 5th Jan
                            Last edited by Paul Webster; 2024-01-10, 19:08.
                            Paul Webster
                            Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                            and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• mherger
                              Babelfish's Best Boy
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Paul Webster
                              8.4 from 5th December - but this can change daily - so check via
                              https://downloads.slimdevices.com/
                              5th January
                              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                              (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• oyvindo
                                • Aug 2008

That's interesting. I've been running 8.4 for more than a year, not realizing it was a dev version! But I've never had any stability issues or bugs.
                                But I notice that every time I open the main page, it keeps telling me that a new version is available 😶

Comment

Working...