Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 155 of 163 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1624
    Quote Originally Posted by jgreen8240 View Post
    And thanks to my brother for turning me on to Philippe!

Philippe - much improved! Have run a ~15 song m4a playlist with success. 3 other random playlists have been quite stable including one that ran for about 8 hours. Two did eventually have m4a songs crash.

Thanks again for your help!
    Philippe - Reaching out one more time. Have now played multiple random playlists for the last 9 days. Consistently having a problem with songs stopping 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through and skipping to the next one. Attaching the log from today. The last three in the log that ended early (Tears in Heaven, Sunshine on Leith and I shall be Released) are all mp3 files. I did try flow mode and have the same issues. Any suggestions for what might be causing this?

Much appreciated as always!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Philippe,
    I've read almost all the posts, but can't get the plugin working again.
    I have CC first gen (plugged in Samsung TV, rarely used for audio) and it was fine for years, sometimes the CC wasn't showing in LMS players list, nothing that LMS, plugin or router restart didn't solve.
    Few weeks ago I've bought a CCAudio and both CCs were singin' until 01/09/2019.
    Since then none of the Chromecasts are showing in players list.
    Restoring boot disk where everything is installed (via Acronis) to July state
    didn't help.
    I have reinstalled the cast plugin and lms (7.9.0, 7.9. 1, 7.9.2) numerous times last week, win10 defender firewall has squeezecastexe exception, win 10 defender antivirus is disabled on ssd where everything is installed.
    Castbridge.xml file can be erased via plugin settings, but afterwards, generate button doesn't create new one.
    Yours UPnP plugin works flawlessly, my SBtouch and SBclassic are always working in LMS, if that's of any help.

System:
    Win10pro
    LMS 790, 791, 792
    SBtouch, SBclassic
    Router: Tg788vn (from iptv provider)
    CC first gen
    CCaudio

This is my first post, please, let me know if you are willing to look into this and need any logs...

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by darthx View Post
    Hello Philippe,
    I've read almost all the posts, but can't get the plugin working again.
    I have CC first gen (plugged in Samsung TV, rarely used for audio) and it was fine for years, sometimes the CC wasn't showing in LMS players list, nothing that LMS, plugin or router restart didn't solve.
    Few weeks ago I've bought a CCAudio and both CCs were singin' until 01/09/2019.
    Since then none of the Chromecasts are showing in players list.
    Restoring boot disk where everything is installed (via Acronis) to July state
    didn't help.
    I have reinstalled the cast plugin and lms (7.9.0, 7.9. 1, 7.9.2) numerous times last week, win10 defender firewall has squeezecastexe exception, win 10 defender antivirus is disabled on ssd where everything is installed.
    Castbridge.xml file can be erased via plugin settings, but afterwards, generate button doesn't create new one.
    Yours UPnP plugin works flawlessly, my SBtouch and SBclassic are always working in LMS, if that's of any help.

System:
    Win10pro
    LMS 790, 791, 792
    SBtouch, SBclassic
    Router: Tg788vn (from iptv provider)
    CC first gen
    CCaudio

This is my first post, please, let me know if you are willing to look into this and need any logs...

Seems like something in your network is filtering out mDNS multicast packet. Maybe your ISP did some update in your back
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Philippe,
    thanks for the prompt answer.
    I've talked to my ISP this morning, unfortunately, they say no changes were made on their part....
    In my first post I forgot to mention that I can always cast from hbogo and netflix to CC, and from hifi cast (android app) to CCA. That hasn't changed, it just works.
    Anyhow, after your reply, yesterday I have:
    Deleted both CCs in router settings
    Rebooted both CCs thru Google home app.
    Removed all (there were plenty) LMS windefender firewall exclusions from numerous installations over the years, and manually added new exception for squeezesrv.exe.
    Manually added exception for squeeze2cast.
    Reinstalled LMS 7.9.2 and cast plugin. Restarted win 10.
    BOOOOM, both CCs were showing in LMS...... for a minute or so...

Please look into log and newly created xml file.
    These files are too much for me, need a translator.
    Maybe an old cast plugin version is a solution? If so, how to manually install it?
    Any suggestions for most stable/compatible LMS 7.9 version? castbridge.zip

Quote Originally Posted by darthx View Post
    Philippe,
    thanks for the prompt answer.
    I've talked to my ISP this morning, unfortunately, they say no changes were made on their part....
    In my first post I forgot to mention that I can always cast from hbogo and netflix to CC, and from hifi cast (android app) to CCA. That hasn't changed, it just works.
    Anyhow, after your reply, yesterday I have:
    Deleted both CCs in router settings
    Rebooted both CCs thru Google home app.
    Removed all (there were plenty) LMS windefender firewall exclusions from numerous installations over the years, and manually added new exception for squeezesrv.exe.
    Manually added exception for squeeze2cast.
    Reinstalled LMS 7.9.2 and cast plugin. Restarted win 10.
    BOOOOM, both CCs were showing in LMS...... for a minute or so...

Please look into log and newly created xml file.
    These files are too much for me, need a translator.
    Maybe an old cast plugin version is a solution? If so, how to manually install it?
    Any suggestions for most stable/compatible LMS 7.9 version? castbridge.zip

Any chance you would have another mDNS listener in your system that would takeover/conflict the mDNS multicast 224.0.0.251:5353

I can't remember if you tried that: any chance you would have a different machine like a Pi to try? You can run squeeze2cast on any machine, it does not have to share LMS's machine (of course in that case, the .xml file must be manually copied wherever you run squeeze2cast)
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

No chromecast player on menu

hi I'm starting the adventure with daphile.
    I have a problem with the chromecast player. It doesn't appear in the menu selection.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hello Philippe,

couldn't respond earlier, just yesterday I've borrowed a Lenovo laptop with win 10 instalation so I could try it on my wifi network.
    Installed LMS 7.9.2 and cbridge plugin
    on it. Both CC and CCA were recognized, and castbridge.xml was created. I could play to both CCs from either machine. When I stop the LMS on 'new' laptop, and manually start castbridge on laptop, my PC still can cast to CCs. But, when I turn off the laptop, CCs are gone from PC LMS. Copying castbridge.xml from laptop to PC does nothing. PC LMS reads xml, CCs are shown in plugin setting but not recognized as players. PC still can't generate new xml, only erase it.
    So, laptop works--PC still doesn't. Does that eliminate router and ISP as problems?
    Are you willing to look into any other log?
    Many thanks in advance...

So definitely an issue with mDNS discovery. I think there is something on daphile that blocks it or the requests from this IP are filtered out. Difficult for me to tell more, it would require to log into the Linux subsystem of daphile and try a few manual things from there. But I donĺt remember if daphile let you ssh.

macOS Catalina (10.15) Issues

Just an observation that under Catalina -- besides the usual host of issues that a new OS creates -- Castbridge on my machine now requires a manual restart after LMS is started before a chromecast client is detected and successfully bridged into LMS.

Once the plugin is restarted, everything connects and runs normally. But this now must be done manually on every LMS start up.

I suspect it is a delayed permissions issue of some sort, as Catalina presents a more aggressive permissions and security architecture than Mojave.

Quote Originally Posted by sgmlaw View Post
    Just an observation that under Catalina -- besides the usual host of issues that a new OS creates -- Castbridge on my machine now requires a manual restart after LMS is started before a chromecast client is detected and successfully bridged into LMS.

Once the plugin is restarted, everything connects and runs normally. But this now must be done manually on every LMS start up.

I suspect it is a delayed permissions issue of some sort, as Catalina presents a more aggressive permissions and security architecture than Mojave.
    I really don't know much about macOS, my build environement has already been super challange to create. DO you have similar issues with othe rplugin that require a binary helper?