Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 192 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    By the way, any chance SmartMix will work with the Chromecast plugin?

Well I've just enabled the plugin within the 3rd party plugins section, popped in a couple of settings and it's going! Less than five minutes, and the CCA is playing a flac from my library. Great stuff, many thanks!
    Own music plus Qobuz, PC with Squeezelite-X, JRiver as digital XO
    System 1: Lynx AES16, 5x SMSL DACs, various amps, 5 way horns
    System 2: Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sextet, JBL L300
    3xBoom, 1xRadio

Quote Originally Posted by ButC View Post
    By the way, any chance SmartMix will work with the Chromecast plugin?
    I don't know well the SmartMix plugin - does it expect something special from the player ? If not, the Chromecast Bridge is just seen as a squeezelite item
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I don't know well the SmartMix plugin - does it expect something special from the player ? If not, the Chromecast Bridge is just seen as a squeezelite item
    Well, I'm not sure. It just comes up with "No Item" if I longpress a song and chooses either "Song Mix" or "Artist Mix". Maybe it's something in my LMS that's wrong. Anybody that got the Smart Mix to work through the Chromecast plugin?

Well, I'm not sure. It just comes up with "No Item" if I longpress a song and chooses either "Song Mix" or "Artist Mix". Maybe it's something in my LMS that's wrong. Anybody that got the Smart Mix to work through the Chromecast plugin?
    Smart Mix works for me but not via "Song Mix" or "Artist Mix"
    Just play a track, if you've ticked "Don't stop the music" as in picture below (player specific), it should seed a playlist and keep adding to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Yes, that part works for me too, and it's great to have! But I use "Song Mix" quite often so it'd been great to have. It's just a slight annoyance - all in all the casting from LMS works great, now. Great work Phillipe!

Does it work for you with other players ? I'm confused a bit
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Does it work for you with other players ? I'm confused a bit
    Using Squeeze Control app, from the now playing screen, tap "Now Playing n/nn" at top of screen, scroll down the pop-up and tap 'your currently playing tack' mix. This usually works, but sometimes it doesn't, but that's true for all players including CCA. Possibly due to an obscure track with no apparent matches.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Using Squeeze Control app, from the now playing screen, tap "Now Playing n/nn" at top of screen, scroll down the pop-up and tap 'your currently playing tack' mix. This usually works, but sometimes it doesn't, but that's true for all players including CCA. Possibly due to an obscure track with no apparent matches.
    Understood, but back to ButC's comment, this is not a CCA specific problem (right ?), so I'm afraid I'm not able to give any help here

Understood, but back to ButC's comment, this is not a CCA specific problem (right ?), so I'm afraid I'm not able to give any help here
    It doesn't seem to be a CCA specific problem.

The same tracks that fail to create a mix for CCA also fail for Squeezeboxen.

Likewise those tracks that are able to create a mix for Squeezeboxen, can do so for CCA.

This is true for me with phone/app and LMS webgui.