Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 210 of 212 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2111
    A suggestion as a workaround …
    Connect your own WiFi router to the ISP router and tell it to offer DHCP on a different subnet to the ISP one.
    Then give it a WiFi SSID if your choice and connect your devices to it.
    You could give it the same SSID & passphrase as the ISP one and turn off WiFi on the ISP one … then you would probably not have to reconfigure your devices.

Then you would be largely immune to the ISP restarting their router etc.

If you have WiFi extenders etc from the ISP then this might not work.

Meanwhile - logs from the Chromecast bridge would be needed. Philippe has said here recently that he plans to rebuild all of his bridges so it might be worth waiting for a new release before trying a lengthy debugging session.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    A suggestion as a workaround …
    Connect your own WiFi router to the ISP router and tell it to offer DHCP on a different subnet to the ISP...

Meanwhile - logs from the Chromecast bridge would be needed. Philippe has said here recently that he plans to rebuild all of his bridges so it might be worth waiting for a new release before trying a lengthy debugging session.
    Nah, I'm not doing all of that. Besides, I don't have access the ISP's equipment; I'm in a mid-city skyscraper and don't have access to the utility closet.

As for the logs, I'll have a browse of them later myself. I was hoping that it was a common issue with a quick solution, though.
    Some friends, associates and I run a Facebook group dedicated to music streaming technologies and you're all welcome to join us:

https://facebook.com/groups/hifiaudiostreaming/

Quote Originally Posted by artatgray View Post
    Nah, I'm not doing all of that. Besides, I don't have access the ISP's equipment; I'm in a mid-city skyscraper and don't have access to the utility closet.

As for the logs, I'll have a browse of them later myself. I was hoping that it was a common issue with a quick solution, though.
    Can you reserve an IP for the server on the ISP router?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Is everything of yours on WiFi only?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Ideally, what I would expect to happen is, the bridging plug-in does a network scan upon restart to detect any Chromecast on the network and its new/changed IP.

The MAC obviously stays the same.
    Some friends, associates and I run a Facebook group dedicated to music streaming technologies and you're all welcome to join us:

Ideally, what I would expect to happen is, the bridging plug-in does a network scan upon restart to detect any Chromecast on the network and its new/changed IP.

The MAC obviously stays the same.
    I recently began experiencing this same problem after moving my LMS from a RPi, where it had been running for 10 years, to a Windows 10 platform. Is your LMS running on Windows by any chance? I never saw it happen on the RPi and was thinking it was a Windows specific problem.
    Sam

Problem after resetting Chromecast Audio

Hi Guys, I've just changed my router and had to factory reset my chromecast audio device. After setting it up again it works ok from apps on my phone but will not play from chromecast Bridge. The device is found by media server but on pressing play the progress bar moves but there is no sound, pressing pause/stop causes the track to repeat (no sound). I have erased the castbridge.xml file and re generated it to no avail. I have removed the plugin and reinstalled it but still I can't get it to work.

The only clue I have is that the log file says 'bind_socket:397 cannot bind socket 1112'

Any help would be appreciated.

Problem after resetting Chromecast Audio Solved

After a bit of thought overnight I realised that my problem was caused by a clash of ports between Chromecast Bridge and Jriver Media server, I'd forgotten that I'd recently enabled Jriver's media server on the same PC.

Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    I recently began experiencing this same problem after moving my LMS from a RPi, where it had been running for 10 years, to a Windows 10 platform. Is your LMS running on Windows by any chance? I never saw it happen on the RPi and was thinking it was a Windows specific problem.

Hi,

I just noticed your question: Yes, I'm running Windows 10 Pro. It only happens if the server IP changes after a network reset. If the network resets, but the server's remains as it previously was, then the issue doesn't appear.

Hi,

I just noticed your question: Yes, I'm running Windows 10 Pro. It only happens if the server IP changes after a network reset. If the network resets, but the server's remains as it previously was, then the issue doesn't appear.
    Okay. It all makes sense now, and the fact that I am also running LMS on Windows is actually a red herring. The RPi which I had been running it on previously had a static IP address assigned to it in the router, but the Windows server does not. I will remedy that situation now and should be good to go. I'm guessing you don't have access to the router in your case? If you do, assigning a static IP address based on the MAC address of your server would take care of it. Good luck and thanks for figuring out the problem.
    Sam