Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 137 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1423
    Apologies if this has come up before but something strange has started to occur with my Chromecast Audio and CastBridge (fully up to date).

If for any reason I stop playing something in LMS, the CCA puts itself into mute mode and when I restart playing via LMS it stays in mute. I have to access via the GoogleHome app to unmute it.

I have Player Volume Management and Scaling Factor as default ie. "Only when playing" and "50".

Has anyone else experienced this - it seemed to just start happening one day.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

How to remove Default Media Rendering displayed on screen

I'm using the CastBridge and I'm wondering if there is a way to remove the mention - Default Media Rendering- to be displayed on the screen.
    It will be nice to have the option to write our own text.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    TÍte ŗ FLAC

2 X SB Classic
    2 X SB2
    1 X SB Boom
    1 X SB Touch
    3 X Rpi+Picoreplayer
    2 X Chromecast
    1 X Chromecast Audio
    1 X Atoll ST100

All devives controlled via VortexBox server aka The Musical Box

Quote Originally Posted by mftech View Post
    I'm using the CastBridge and I'm wondering if there is a way to remove the mention - Default Media Rendering- to be displayed on the screen.
    It will be nice to have the option to write our own text.
    Not to my knowledge. This is the "player" that I load inside the CC and I would need to customize it which is a pain and I don't feel like doing currently (I did that a while ago and I'd need to find again how to build & register such receiver @ google - maybe later)
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philmo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    ... I have a protection for mdns devices beings announced by others thanthemselves. I need this protection for groupís master election changes which a real mdns storm. In your case, I could remove that test as your announces are made by the repeater, so they īfoolí the test. But the group storm will go through and be repeated as well with no way to distinguish valid announces ... Iíll have to think about it,
    Happy to read this and crossing fingers so that you will find a way to get around these challenges
    I think I have the same problem as philmo. My enterprise Aruba WAP has a feature called AirGroup, which aggregates mDNS service announcements, and then responds to client mDNS requests on behalf of the announced services. This feature is intended to cut down on network chatter on wireless networks to preserve battery life of wireless clients.

FYI, CastBridge v0.12.2.1 does not have this problem, but newer versions (I most recently tried v1.4.0) do not discover or talk to Chromecast devices. v1.4.0 generates log output like this:

Code:
    Starting Squeeze2cast: /Users/slim/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/CastBridge/Bin/squeeze2cast-osx-multi -Z -b 10.2.1.2 -f /Users/slim/Library/Logs/Squeezebox/castbridge.log -d all=debug -x /Users/slim/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/castbridge.xml
    [21:08:14.944966] main:1090 Starting squeeze2cast version: v1.4.0 (Sep 11 2018 @ 20:27:49)
    [21:08:14.946642] load_mad:389 dlerror: dlopen(libmad.0.dylib, 2): image not found
    [21:08:14.946689] load_faad:602 dlerror: dlopen(libfaad.2.dylib, 2): image not found
    [21:08:14.946763] load_vorbis:307 dlerror: dlopen(libvorbisidec.1.dylib, 2): image not found
    [21:08:14.946777] register_pcm:274 using pcm
    [21:08:14.946814] load_flac:248 dlerror: dlopen(libFLAC.8.dylib, 2): image not found
    [21:08:14.946828] register_flac_thru:247 using flac
    [21:08:14.946837] register_thru:106 using thru
    [21:08:14.946849] register_soxr:394 using soxr for resampling
    [21:08:14.946858] Start:877 Binding to 10.2.1.2:49152
    [21:08:14.950809] mDNSsearchCallback:578 ----------------- round ------------------
    [21:08:14.950872] mDNSsearchCallback:581 host 10.2.1.22, srv 10.2.1.101, name Chromecast-Audio-8aa50dbd865fb42e1b8c627c501e6f72._googlecast._tcp.local

Quote Originally Posted by millerdev View Post
    I think I have the same problem as philmo. My enterprise Aruba WAP has a feature called AirGroup, which aggregates mDNS service announcements, and then responds to client mDNS requests on behalf of the announced services. This feature is intended to cut down on network chatter on wireless networks to preserve battery life of wireless clients.

FYI, CastBridge v0.12.2.1 does not have this problem, but newer versions (I most recently tried v1.4.0) do not discover or talk to Chromecast devices. v1.4.0 generates log output like this:
    Yes, thatís the same issue. In version 1.x you have immediate detection of players and no more 30s delay as in version 0.x but it comes st the expense of that problem. Then I forgot about that. Iíll see if I can accept mdns info as long as they come from either the Ďownerí or a device which is not listed as a player itself. That might take care of this problem.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Apologies if this has come up before but something strange has started to occur with my Chromecast Audio and CastBridge (fully up to date).

If for any reason I stop playing something in LMS, the CCA puts itself into mute mode and when I restart playing via LMS it stays in mute. I have to access via the GoogleHome app to unmute it.

I have Player Volume Management and Scaling Factor as default ie. "Only when playing" and "50".

I just installed the plug-in for the first time, and I'm having the same problem. It took me awhile to figure out what was happening because I normally don't use the Google Home app. I haven't found a solution yet but will post here if I do. Let me know if you come up with one. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    I just installed the plug-in for the first time, and I'm having the same problem. It took me awhile to figure out what was happening because I normally don't use the Google Home app. I haven't found a solution yet but will post here if I do. Let me know if you come up with one. Thanks.
    Can you confirm this is an Audio only CC? What firmware do you use? I just tried again and I don't have that problem (stop and restart or pause and resume)

Quote Originally Posted by philmo View Post
    Happy to read this and crossing fingers so that you will find a way to get around these challenges
    Quote Originally Posted by millerdev View Post

Can you both try *dev* version 1.5.1.1 and let me know if it works. I accept mDNS announces from other sources as long as they are *not* a CC announcing for another CC

Can you confirm this is an Audio only CC? What firmware do you use? I just tried again and I don't have that problem (stop and restart or pause and resume)
    Mine is an Audio only CC. A year or two old now and I havenít upgraded the firmware since I first set it up. Itís packed away now but Iíll fire it up again later in the week and report on firmware version.
    It had me flummoxed because I donít normally use the Google app so didnít realise it was muted when it wouldnít play one day.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Not to my knowledge. This is the "player" that I load inside the CC and I would need to customize it which is a pain and I don't feel like doing currently (I did that a while ago and I'd need to find again how to build & register such receiver @ google - maybe later)
    Merci Phillippe pour la rťponse rapide !
    TÍte ŗ FLAC

2 X SB Classic
    2 X SB2
    1 X SB Boom
    1 X SB Touch
    3 X Rpi+Picoreplayer
    2 X Chromecast
    1 X Chromecast Audio
    1 X Atoll ST100

All devives controlled via VortexBox server aka The Musical Box