Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156
Results 1,551 to 1,555 of 1555
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I really don't know much about macOS, my build environement has already been super challange to create. DO you have similar issues with othe rplugin that require a binary helper?
    The main issues I am seeing with Catalina are primarily permissions-related. I do not run many plugins in my LMS implementation. The only plugins that have been impacted in my setup are Castbridge and PlayWMA. The PlayWMA issue is due to the need for a 64-bit MPlayer in Catalina.

I don't know where in the overall LMS start sequence this plugin starts making resource and networking calls , which could have an impact under Catalina.

But Castbridge resolves itself with a manual restart, so it is not a major problem. I am only pointing it out if others are suffering the same issue.

Docker and not generarting and XML config.

Hi all,

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    As suggested in 1st post, is the container in host mode? There can be no NAT between the bridge and the players
    I have my lms docker container running in macvlan mode. This way the docker container has it's own IP address (not sharing the host) and the macvlan network as a whole can be bound to the right interface.

Other services that depend on discovery or running on host mode, like samba, seem to work well in this way.

But the squeuze2cast service still seems to take issue.

I have mapped ports 49152 and 5353 (latter just to be sure) in addition to the other lms ports, and as said, it has it's own ip. Is this something that should work too? Do I need something extra in the config of this container?

Quote Originally Posted by Suit View Post
    Hi all,

I have my lms docker container running in macvlan mode. This way the docker container has it's own IP address (not sharing the host) and the macvlan network as a whole can be bound to the right interface.

Other services that depend on discovery or running on host mode, like samba, seem to work well in this way.

But the squeuze2cast service still seems to take issue.

I have mapped ports 49152 and 5353 (latter just to be sure) in addition to the other lms ports, and as said, it has it's own ip. Is this something that should work too? Do I need something extra in the config of this container?
    No it won't work - IP must be the same
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Setting up on Ubuntu

I'm somewhat of a novice when it comes to Linux and have been trying to get this up and running on my x86 (Atom-based) Ubuntu PC (running 18.04). I'm trying to get my LMS server to stream from my DLNA server to a Chromecast (and ultimately hoping to get some voice control from the Google Home Mini set up).

I was able to get initial playback more or less working by disabling the firewall, setting my DLNA server to convert all files to FLAC and then streaming to one of my Google Home Minis. However, I'd prefer for the firewall to be enabled. Just passing thru port 49152 doesn't work - also tried setting up a range of 49152:49202 but that didn't work either. Any idea which ports specifically I need to pass through?

Also, I had read earlier that LMS had a way to read / index the contents of a DLNA server and allow for searching that server but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least in the more recent versions. Presumably will make it problematic for voice control if I can't get that working, I would assume. Not really related to this thread then but if someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mhendu View Post
    I'm somewhat of a novice when it comes to Linux and have been trying to get this up and running on my x86 (Atom-based) Ubuntu PC (running 18.04). I'm trying to get my LMS server to stream from my DLNA server to a Chromecast (and ultimately hoping to get some voice control from the Google Home Mini set up).

I was able to get initial playback more or less working by disabling the firewall, setting my DLNA server to convert all files to FLAC and then streaming to one of my Google Home Minis. However, I'd prefer for the firewall to be enabled. Just passing thru port 49152 doesn't work - also tried setting up a range of 49152:49202 but that didn't work either. Any idea which ports specifically I need to pass through?

Also, I had read earlier that LMS had a way to read / index the contents of a DLNA server and allow for searching that server but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least in the more recent versions. Presumably will make it problematic for voice control if I can't get that working, I would assume. Not really related to this thread then but if someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    That sounds complicated. I'm sure you have reasons for streaming from your DLNA server to LMS, rather than getting LMS to access the music files directly. Does that work using LMS devices on LMS itself? Assuming that all works, I found chromecast from LMS required:

UDP at 1900
    UDP at 5353
    TCP at 9000
    TCP at 49152:49202 (or whatever)
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.