Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 157 of 161 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1604
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    You don't need a config file to run it. The executable itself will create one with the right command options. I know it's a bit confusing, but the WebUI does *not* create the file, it just edits the file created by the executable.
    If I double click squeeze2cast-win.exe to run the bridge in C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\P lugins\CastBridge it complains about a missing dll file.
    Is that expected behaviour?

Where can I find the instructions for alternative ways to start the bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by piert View Post
    If I double click squeeze2cast-win.exe to run the bridge in C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\P lugins\CastBridge it complains about a missing dll file.
    Is that expected behaviour?

Where can I find the instructions for alternative ways to start the bridge?
    You have to copy the dll that are there https://github.com/philippe44/LMS-to...0.0/plugin/Bin
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

You have to copy the dll that are there https://github.com/philippe44/LMS-to...0.0/plugin/Bin
    Action #1:
    I copied the 2x required dll files and exe program (cc32160mt.dll - pthreadBC2.dll and squeeze2cast-win.exe) in a folder on a separate laptop on the network (laptop is without LMS server; my LMS server runs on an always-on NUC) and double clicked the exe file but no XML file is generated and chromecast players do not appear in the LMS interface.

Action #2:
    On the NUC I entered the following destination in Windows File Explorer: C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\P lugins\CastBridge\Bin\squeeze2cast-win.exe and hit enter.
    This resulted in a terminal box opening that contained the following information:

[11:39:35.190] main:1238 Starting squeeze2cast version: v1.20.0 (Aug 4 2019 @ 16:31:17)
    [11:39:35.193] main:1246

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ERROR LOADING CONFIG FILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[11:39:35.239] Start:1012 Binding to 172.18.3.17:49152
    Is it possible to draw some conclusions from this?
    Last edited by piert; 2019-11-28 at 03:57.

Happy to report that after a recent Windows update and restart of the NUC all is working fine again!

Requiring a user login kills metadata

First, I'm thrilled with Chromecast Bridge because it finally gives me a way to cast replaygained, (relatively), lossless files to CC devices. However, with a Chromecast TV, I noticed that if I password-protect the LMS server, I instantly lose metadata and just see "Casting from LMS" as if I was in flow mode. The pic and title onscreen are important to me because we often play music at parties, and it lets people see what they're listening to.

I had to start using password protection because I opened up the LMS ports to the WAN so that I could use the local player function on iPeng when I'm out of the house. From the iPeng forums, it looks like this is a pretty popular feature and will continue to be developed in the future, so I'm sure I'm not the only one that will be in this predicament.

Is there any way to hardcore a user/pass string that gets sent to the CC bridge so that we don't lose metadata, or possibly a workaround at the LMS sever level that doesn't require the login if the CC device is on the LAN? I'd love to see this as a feature in future releases of the CC Bridge.

Either way, it's odd that it lets the music stream pass to the CC, but blocks the metadata.

Announce: CastBridge = integrate Chromecast players with LMS (squeeze2cast)

Quote Originally Posted by billybuck View Post
    First, I'm thrilled with Chromecast Bridge because it finally gives me a way to cast replaygained, (relatively), lossless files to CC devices. However, with a Chromecast TV, I noticed that if I password-protect the LMS server, I instantly lose metadata and just see "Casting from LMS" as if I was in flow mode. The pic and title onscreen are important to me because we often play music at parties, and it lets people see what they're listening to.

I had to start using password protection because I opened up the LMS ports to the WAN so that I could use the local player function on iPeng when I'm out of the house. From the iPeng forums, it looks like this is a pretty popular feature and will continue to be developed in the future, so I'm sure I'm not the only one that will be in this predicament.

Is there any way to hardcore a user/pass string that gets sent to the CC bridge so that we don't lose metadata, or possibly a workaround at the LMS sever level that doesn't require the login if the CC device is on the LAN? I'd love to see this as a feature in future releases of the CC Bridge.

Either way, it's odd that it lets the music stream pass to the CC, but blocks the metadata.
    The helper needs to access LMS using the Command Line Interface (CLI) to gather metadata and then forward them to the CC. When you set a password, the CLI access is denied and I do not (and will not) support using a password, so you'll miss a lot of capabilities, especially metadata. Having said that, I strongly advise against opening an unsecure WAN port. The password of LMS has no security, see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...o-the-internet!
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-12-11 at 00:50.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Chromecast support replaygain?!

In the post above the user says that ChromeCast supports Replaygain. It didn't use to use to. Is it true it does now?

Thanks.
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known
    Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen

Quote Originally Posted by ModelCitizen View Post
    In the post above the user says that ChromeCast supports Replaygain. It didn't use to use to. Is it true it does now?

Thanks.
    No, not natively. But when you use the bridgeĺs transcode option, then it applies the replay gain for the CC

Quote Originally Posted by billybuck View Post
    I had to start using password protection because I opened up the LMS ports to the WAN so that I could use the local player function on iPeng when I'm out of the house. From the iPeng forums, it looks like this is a pretty popular feature and will continue to be developed in the future, so I'm sure I'm not the only one that will be in this predicament. ...
    If you want to access LMS on a WAN, use a VPN, or at least SSH. The Password protection is very weak, and opening ports is very insecure. (see the link quoted by Philippe) I know nothing about iPeng, but those solutions work for me on a mobile.
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

No, not natively. But when you use the bridgeĺs transcode option, then it applies the replay gain for the CC
    I have tried to do it, but when change the transcode setting nothing can play.
    If I need to change anything on transcode setting page,I haven't, as I don't understand how it works
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 0026.1567524015 @ Wed Sep 4 12:28:40 CEST 2019
    Castbridge with 2 x Harman Kardon Citation One, setup as a stereo pair
    Squeeze Ctrl
    Squeeze Player
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8