Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

iBroadcast plugin - unlimited free storage and streaming of uploaded tunes

I've started using a service called iBroadcast. It offers unlimited free storage of music for streaming to devices, with plans for future premium accounts.
    No idea what their eventual business model will be, but I asked about possibilities for a plugin for the Squeezebox server and this was the reply:

"We're always looking for ways to make our service more usable for our users so we'll definitely look at the Squeezebox server. In the meantime it's worth noting that the calls to our server aren't hidden which means that it's already possible for someone from the community or forum to use those to create an app or plugin like the one you're talking about. If we get enough interest from the forum then we could also look at supporting a native app as well."

Note, I don't think their knowledge of LMS is any better than mine!!

So, since Google isn't letting us stream from "play music", maybe this might be a good option?

So, perhaps some enterprising forum genius could look at make a plugin, since they say it's already open? Pleeeeease.

Note: I have no affiliation with the company. I just messaged them on their facebook account.

Revisiting Request for iBroadcast Plugin

Can know this request was from 5 years ago, but is it to late to "upvote" it?

I would be interested in an iBroadcast plugin for LMS, https://www.ibroadcast.com/home/#support.

iBroadcast is now available as a service for Sonos, so it should be possible to create a plugin for LMS.

Thanks.

Looks like it was a recent addition to Sonos
    https://en.community.sonos.com/music...upport-6847459
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Wow. Resurrection! 😂😂🤪
    I'm still using iBroadcast. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
    Wow. Resurrection!
    I'm still using iBroadcast. It's great.
    What is their business model then? Unlimited free storage sounds too good to be true.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I just read their FAQ

model appears to be ...
    Free - transcode at 128k MP3
    Paid - transcode at higher rate (or perhaps at original rate)

The FAQ says that they do not have the paid tier yet ... I did not check.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

It still exists and is being actively developed after 5 years, so I was wondering the same thing. I'd subscribe as soon as it's available. Loads of albums in my favourites list on Spotify are no longer streamable as they remove things from the service. I still buy stuff on CD though 😂

Quote Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
    It still exists and is being actively developed after 5 years, so I was wondering the same thing. I'd subscribe as soon as it's available. Loads of albums in my favourites list on Spotify are no longer streamable as they remove things from the service. I still buy stuff on CD though
    Would it be possible to use this purely as a backup? Can you download files from it?

iBroadcast plugin - unlimited free storage and streaming of uploaded tunes

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Would it be possible to use this purely as a backup? Can you download files from it?

Hi. Yes it could be a back-up. You can download any music you have uploaded to the service.

They say they don't host ads or sell your data but their privacy policy says

"Ľ Advertising. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Services, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. To learn more about these programs, or opt-out of personalized ads, visit the Digital Advertising Allianceĺs Self-Regulatory program for Online Behavioral Advertising at www.aboutads.info, or the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org."