Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

How to add live Police & Fire Radio Scanner Streams to your Squeezebox Radio

How to add live Police & Fire Radio Scanner Streams to your Squeezebox Radio.

This will show how to capture, copy and paste a Police or Fire Scanner stream that can be
    programmed into the Squeezebox Radio. These streams are broadcast from www.broadcastify.com.

Using a web browser (I use Firefox) in Windows (sorry, I don't have a Mac, so I can't help you there):

Go to www.broadcastify.com
    -Click on LISTEN.
    -Click on the state map you are interested in (example California).
    -Click on the County you are interested in (example Sacramento County).
    -Scroll down to the agency you are interested in (example Sacramento County Sheriff and Sacramento City Police).
    -From the small pull-down-menu on the right (in the Sacramento County Sheriff listing) select WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.
    -On the left side of the Sacramento County Sheriff listing click on the round START BUTTON that is marked with a black arrow.
    -Select OK when the Windows pop-up menu opens.
    -Now Right-Click on the round START BUTTON that is marked with an arrow.
    -Select COPY LINK LOCATION from the Right-Click pop-up menu.
    -The URL of the scanner stream has now been copied to your Windows clipboard.
    -You can paste the captured URL scanner stream listing into Windows Notepad for safe keeping.

Here is the captured scanner stream URL for the Sacramento County Sheriff and Sacramento City Police.
    http://www.broadcastify.com/scripts/...5777991136.asx

I use this URL stream by pasting it into my Favorites (ADD FAVORITE) in the MYSQUEEZEBOX.COM account.
    Last edited by Antilope; 2015-10-10 at 12:20.

I'm trying this now(many years after this post) and it's not allowing me to save this type of link.

Does anyone else use Broadcastify with their Squeezeboxes? I saw there was an applet called scannerbox that is no longer around as well. I'm just looking to listen to live police feeds and whatever. Anyone else do this with their squeezeboxes?

Quote Originally Posted by kllngtme View Post
    I'm trying this now(many years after this post) and it's not allowing me to save this type of link.

Does anyone else use Broadcastify with their Squeezeboxes? I saw there was an applet called scannerbox that is no longer around as well. I'm just looking to listen to live police feeds and whatever. Anyone else do this with their squeezeboxes?
    You need to provide an example of the link you are trying to save.

The 2015 example shows a WMA link - this format is now obsolete so I'm sure not being used anymore and similarly I'm guessing the whole website has changed so that saving a link may be different.