Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    the ffmpeg command line is very simple for flac output. Use differennt -f value for MP3 or I think just use extension mp3 on output file. The hard job is getting a url that is valid as it is only valid for a short time.

ffmpeg -i <urlofprog> -f flac output.flc
    I am not familiar with ffmpeg but I can't see the result being any different than playing the LOD HLS stream via LMS using squeezelite or squeezeplay and "recording" the output with Audacity.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I am not familiar with ffmpeg but I can't see the result being any different than playing the LOD HLS stream via LMS using squeezelite or squeezeplay and "recording" the output with Audacity.
    Fewer steps and easier to set up with cron.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Fewer steps and easier to set up with cron.
    Provided you can find the URL
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

btw, without any hack, squeezelite output can be redirect to stdout. So anything send to such a virtual player can be recorded this way. I guess if you want a 'red button' that could just be switching on the squeezelite instance - without coding
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    btw, without any hack, squeezelite output can be redirect to stdout. So anything send to such a virtual player can be recorded this way. I guess if you want a 'red button' that could just be switching on the squeezelite instance - without coding
    What would be the command syntax Phillipe ?
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

Use -o - for stdout and then potentially redirect that to a file or pipe it to something to recompress
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Provided you can find the URL
    Beebotron lite is a starting point e.g. http://beebotron.org/public3/radio4fmhq.html

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Use -o - for stdout and then potentially redirect that to a file or pipe it to something to recompress
    Hi again,

As getiplayer no longer supports BBC radio streams and as BBC flac is live only, I'm trying to implement this now.

Have tried a variant using an asound.conf to use the alsa pcm file plugin, as described here. I can save a system file as a new file by playing it back like this:
    aplay -Dsave /usr/share/orage/sounds/Phone.wav

but if I try to start squeezelite using the same output device, it fails:

./squeezelite -o save -n Recorder
    squeezelite: pcm_file.c:576: snd_pcm_file_mmap_commit: Assertion `ofs == offset && siz == size' failed.
    Aborted (core dumped)

I'm thinking that a stdout redirect would be a more elegant sultion anyway, but can't think how to do that in the squeezelite start command.

Did anyone get this working?

BR.

--Marius--

BBC reads these forums and recording streams is not allowed within T&Cs - it is one of the reason why they changed their system and broke getiplayer.

If you want to discuss please do it via PM or another forum as I don't want BBC to see that recording is condoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnincurve View Post
    As getiplayer no longer supports BBC radio streams and as BBC flac is live only, I'm trying to implement this now.
    It supports BBC On Demand streams, at least it does via the command line (which is what I would use).

VLC nightly 3.0.0 supports the BBC FLAC live streams, which can be recorded either via the standard VLC interface or via the command line.

I feel nervous about discussing this because my understanding is that the BBC intensely dislikes people capturing the raw streams and the last thing we want to do is cause the BBC to make changes which harm our use of the iPlayer plugin.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.