Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    It supports BBC On Demand streams, at least it does via the command line (which is what I would use).
    I feel nervous about discussing this...
    Understood.

I have been thinking it would be good to timeshift radio, yes. A virtual PVR. A plugin that spins up a virtual player and pipes the stream in, encodes a flac or MP3 output file with a predictable filename on a timed basis with some sort of UI for scheduling recordings would be awesome.

Partly because some stuff doesn't make it to listen again and partly because many stations don't offer it anyway. If there's concerns about ripping of media, the files could be encrypted using an LMS generated key that would not work on another LMS instance. I.e., what a PVR does.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    A plugin that spins up a virtual player and pipes the stream in, encodes a flac or MP3 output file with a predictable filename on a timed basis with some sort of UI for scheduling recordings would be awesome.
    Squeezelite can output to a file. The problem is that user will want a fully functional UI on Web, Classic and Touch to schedule/playback recordings etc. Most work will be in the UI.,