Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox v 2 w/ RCA outputs--can I hook this to bluetooth speaker with 3.5mm?

Per the above subject, I wonder if the Squeezebox puts out enough volume to connect to a bluetooth speaker via 3.5mm jack??
    This is one of the original ones that has an antenna and a small display. Way before the duet... No built in speaker

I used to have it connected to a FM/Cassette/CD player. I got rid of that...

I would like it to of course have decent enough volume for me to put in bathroom and use the remote to change songs??

Else I could just buy a water resistant BT speaker (with buttons on it and a way to hang it away from water) and put in shower and play songs via phone bluetooth.

Note: I currently do not have a Bluetooth speaker to try this out with.

Thanks
    Peter
    Last edited by pcumming; 2015-09-22 at 13:56.

Your SB will output a standard line out level signal - around 100mV - so yes you can feed a 3.5mm input with it. Turn the volume down on both when you first connect though. Set the speaker volume at a sensible middle level and then do the volume control via the SB. Alternatively set the SB to output 100% and control the volume entirely on the speaker.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS