Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    I enjoy listening to Sirius stations in my car with an adapter, but my major usage was in my home. Now that the SB system will no longer stream Sirius I intend to cancel my yearly subscription which renews in November. I cancel reluctantly because like I said I do listen in the car occasionally. It's not worth it to me to pay the subscription fee and not have home access. I love the Sirius Sinatra station especially the First Friday With Francis Albert 24 hour program. I can't drive my car for 24 hours just to hear Frank all day (although I've been tempted).
    Question: Is anyone working on resolving this Sirius issue? Is there any hope that it may be resolved and ,perhaps, I should hold on to my subscription? Any progress updates? Thank you very much.
    You can use the Sirius player on your computer in the meantime. And honestly Sirius has done a great job with their Internet player

Quote Originally Posted by jojopuppyfish View Post
    You can use the Sirius player on your computer in the meantime. And honestly Sirius has done a great job with their Internet player
    My wife is the main SiriusXM listener. And she loves the fact that as she roams the house, as she does most of the time, she's listening in the LR, Kitchen, breakfast room, bathroom, and even her giant walk in closet. That's one of the reasons why we love the Squeezebox ecosystem and why listening on a fixed computer doesn't help. It helps me at work, but here I'm listening to music from sources other than Sirius. We used a computer connected to our stereo for internet streaming 10 years ago. I hate to have to go backwards!
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by jojopuppyfish View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will resort to using Sirius on my computer, but , as Gary points out, it's not like having Sirius piped in from room to room (or to closet). I'm really hoping there's a resolution to this issue to put Sirius back into the SB ecosystem.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

I don't subscribe to Sirius, but if you have both LMS and the Sirius player on your computer, couldn't you just use the Waveinput plugin in LMS to send the feed to your Squeezebox players?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfolkie View Post
    I don't subscribe to Sirius, but if you have both LMS and the Sirius player on your computer, couldn't you just use the Waveinput plugin in LMS to send the feed to your Squeezebox players?

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting.
    install the Wavinput plugin on your computer (that's also running LMS) and then you can stream the output of the sirius playing on computer to your Squeezebox. I played around with this years ago to try and play Wolfgang's Vault shows on my Squeezeboxes. I was never able to get it to work, but I probably gave up to early. I know others use it successfully. (In my current situation, I'm running LMS on a vortexbox that would require some messing about with to install a web browser and then siriusXM app.) I can listen to SiriusXM already in my main system via a Sonos (the only use I have for it). But it's like 1971 having to change the source on my preamp (1971: change source on preamp from "tape" to "FM" to "phono")
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

Right. Waveinput is listed under 3rd party plugins in the LMS server settings. You need to check "Show all 3rd party plugins" to see it. Once you've added it, it becomes just another input that you can use for your Squeezebox ecosystem.

By the way, garym, I'm also running my main LMS on a Vortexbox, but I'm also running another LMS server on my Windows computer, which is where I have the Waveinput plugin installed.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfolkie View Post
    By the way, garym, I'm also running my main LMS on a Vortexbox, but I'm also running another LMS server on my Windows computer, which is where I have the Waveinput plugin installed.
    Yes, I could certainly try that, as I have a laptop win computer connected to ethernet that I use at my desk. I'll play with that a bit and see if I can make it work.

Installed and had it sort of working using "wavin:0" as a saved favorite and playing SiriusXM on web browser. Some cutting in and out and the audio sounded like it was in barrel and I could hear loud background "fuzzy" noise along with the sirius stream. Odd. I'll have to play with it a bit later.

aha. It was using my laptop's microphone as the "recorder" sound device. I changed this to stereo following these instructions:
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...ws_Vista_.2F_7
    Sound is now fine, but for some odd reason I'm getting dropouts in the stream. Everything is wired (pc running LMS and playing siriusXM, transporter, etc.). Oh well....something to play with later....
    Last edited by garym; 2015-10-17 at 15:20.

Airplay

I've gotten it to work via the following kludge:

- Sirius/XM online account playing on the Sirius/XM app on my iPhone
    - LMS Shairtunes (Airplay) plugin
    - Select desired player as an Airplay choice on my iPhone

I'm listening right now. It's not as slick as the old Sirius/XM plugin, but it works.