Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sirius Dead on the Logitech Devices

Anyone else receive a notice from SiriusXM as I have. Got it today. Thoughts about Logitech reacting with a compatible update.
    ---
    Dear Valued Listener,

Our records show that you may be streaming music over a Logitech device. We are improving the way we stream the SiriusXM Internet service which requires a compatible internet enabled player. We suggest asking the manufacturer of your device about what's needed to continue streaming SiriusXM. It's important to take action soon because as of September 30 your streaming radio or receiver will not be able to play the enhanced streaming service.

This has no effect on your account and the billing of your SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription package. You can continue to listen to SiriusXM over the internet by downloading our app on your smartphone, tablet, PC, or current internet-connected sound system. This also has no effect on listening to SiriusXM by satellite.

If you have any questions please call us at 1-888-601-6296 and reference your device.

Thank you for being a loyal SiriusXM listener.

Beginning of the end?

I got it too. For the Radio that I have by the bed, I can always plug my iPhone or iPad into the line in jack and listen to Sirius that way. But I don't know the options for the (Slim Devices branded!) SB3 in the living room...

One very round-about way is to plug said device into the line-in on your
    server or run the app on your server. You can then use any number of
    methods (I use Nicecast / AudioHijack on a mac myself) to get the audio.
    You then have a local stream in a standard format you can point the
    squeezebox at. I do this to listen to my scanner among other things.

For sure a far second to direct support, but it will work for anything.

-Chris

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 10:30 AM, kmr <
    kmr.732f3c (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
    > I got it too. For the Radio that I have by the bed, I can always plug my
    > iPhone or iPad into the line in jack and listen to Sirius that way. But
    > I don't know the options for the (Slim Devices branded!) SB3 in the
    > living room...
    >
    >
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > kmr's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=10664
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=104287
    >
    >

Sirius....can there be a fix by Michael?

Yes, the info in this letter, which I received also, is unfortunate. The convenience of listening to Sirius Radio stations over my stereo SB ecosystem is definitely going to suffer....unless LOGITECH can accommodate this Sirius compatibility issue.
    I'm listening to Sinatra as I work at the computer. Very convenient. Yes, the line in work around will certainly be a very far second choice to what we have now. I really think I'd have to cancel my Sirius Subscription...which I would miss greatly.

Michael or a 3rd party innovator (Triode) have many times come through as we meet these obstacles. I still think that LOGITECH made a big mistake by throwing the Squeezeboxes under the bus. It's the BEST! could they possibly pick it up again... Wishfull thinking but it won't happen.

Michael, do you have any response regarding the future incompatibility of Sirius with SBs???
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Ikabob; 2015-09-11 at 11:37.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

Have you written to Sirius about it?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Have you written to Sirius about it?

No, I have not contacted Sirius. According to the letter, the solution to this would have to come from LOGITECH. The letter seems to indicate it's a "done deal" on their part. Do you really think we could turn this decision around?
    Thanks

Update: I did email Sirius and I expressed my disappointment. I should receive a response in 24-48 hours.
    Last edited by Ikabob; 2015-09-11 at 13:14.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

No, I don't think so but complaining creates awareness about what this means for how many of their customers.
    This might increase the level of interest on their side of a solution
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

If the new Sirius API is made available, would it not be possible to modify LMS to use the new API? I don't know what it would take to get Sirius to provide the API specs, but if they're at all interested in customer support for Squeezebox listeners they might do so. Obviously they've done so for other devices. Has anybody checked into this line of approach?

Guess why I made my comment above.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Response lists LOGITECH???

It was recommended to me to contact Sirius and let them know of my disappointment. This was their response to me:

"Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding your request to be able to listen on your Squeezebox.

We continually rely on customer feedback like yours and research to enhance your entertainment experience. As we strive to create the most diverse listening experience available, we find that the feedback we receive is crucial to our success. We are forwarding your comments to the appropriate department.

To check supported devices, please visit the link below:

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/ap...3686/kw/device

We hope you continue to enjoy SiriusXM's commercial-free music and entertainment programming. We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you,

Jezra
    SiriusXM Listener Care
    1-866-635-2349. "

If you check the link, LOGITECH IS listed as a supported device???
    Last edited by Ikabob; 2015-09-12 at 05:14.
    Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.