Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Squeezeplay 7.8.0 not connecting to server [SOLVED]

Hello, I'd be grateful if anyone could give me some pointers, problem as follows:-

1. Various SB3s and SBRs dotted around the house. All of them served by the server software running on my old NAS box. All of that works fine, NAS hasn't changed in ages, neither has the server software. I occasionally run the squeezeplay software on a PC. I hadn't changed it in ages and it was working fine a few months back. Now it won't connect to the server. The main change that has occurred has been an upgrade from win7 to win10.

I've tried rebooting both NAS and PC. No joy. I have now tried uninstalled the old squeezeplay software and installing the latest version (7.8.0 r328). Same problem. I have tried adding a new library by typing in the IP of the server directly (and I can ping it successfully from the PC!), no joy.

So at the moment I cannot use squeezeplay on this PC, which is a pain.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated, many thanks
    Nige
    Last edited by sparkle999; 2015-08-23 at 01:58. Reason: Solution found, updated title
    10TB N5200Pro/SB Server 7.8.0 > SB3 > Anthem MRX500 > PMC OB1i & Wafers
    SB3 > AudioEngine A5 and 3xSBRs

Installing it on another PC works okay - and prompts me for language, etc. Therefore I need to find out how to properly clear out the installation on the other PC - clearly the uninstall process didn't work 100%.

Well, I'm at a loss. When you fire up the squeezeplay software for the first time, it asks you a few questions such as language etc. It behaved this way when I installed it on my laptop and works just fine. When I uninstall and reinstall on the other pc, it skips those questions and won't let me connect to the server. I've tried uninstalling, I've search the registry and obliterated all references to squeezeplay, same behaviour. So, it must be looking elsewhere to pull configuration information in. Hmm... user account, I wonder...

Found the profiles in AppData->Roaming, killed them and tried again. Asked me for langugage, then library (shows the library on the server). Select the library, shows "connecting to <servername>" and then, it cannot connect. Yet going through same procedure on laptop works just fine. Connectivity fine, no firewall rules blocking anything.

Suggestions on how to progress the fault finding would be very much welcomed at this point...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle999 View Post
    Found the profiles in AppData->Roaming, killed them and tried again. Asked me for langugage, then library (shows the library on the server). Select the library, shows "connecting to <servername>" and then, it cannot connect. Yet going through same procedure on laptop works just fine. Connectivity fine, no firewall rules blocking anything.

Suggestions on how to progress the fault finding would be very much welcomed at this point...

Thanks
    Something similar way back with an upgrade of avast antivirus. turn off any antivirus and firewall as a test?

Otherwise looks like sp doesn't like win10, or viceversa
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Something similar way back with an upgrade of avast antivirus. turn off any antivirus and firewall as a test?
    Otherwise looks like sp doesn't like win10, or viceversa
    Thanks for chipping in, very much appreciated as I've been running out of ideas.

My laptop is happily running win10, so I know it's not that. It also runs the same a/v and f/w, but to check I've tried switching both off, starting from scratch, same result.
    Can't understand it... something is different.

Is there a way to trace what's going on?
    Cheers
    Nige