Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by verypsb View Post
    and/or Synchronisation / Crossfade?
    I was searching for something in the forum archives and found this old thread. Just FYI, the Yamaha WX-10 and WX-30 are AirPlay compatible so you'll get true LMS integration, ncluding sync, cross fade, replay gain ... when using my AirPlay plugin
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Good to know! Too bad that Airplay only supports 44.1khz... :-(

I tried to get it working, but I can't get any sound out of my Yamaha CX-A5100. Airplay Bridge does however autodetect the receiver. I don't see any errors in the log file...

Best regards,
    Dennis.

Good to know! Too bad that Airplay only supports 44.1khz... :-(

I tried to get it working, but I can't get any sound out of my Yamaha CX-A5100. Airplay Bridge does however autodetect the receiver. I don't see any errors in the log file...

Best regards,
    Dennis.
    It's usually because you have a firewall on the computer running the bridge. Try w/o it and if it works, then it's about creating the rules for it to run. If you post the log I can alos help verifying that hypothesis
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Thanks! Reading the bit about the firewall in the readme file did help a lot... It's working now. If only Apple would decide that Airplay could support higher sampling/bit rates...

Or if you would be interested in creating in a MusicCast bridge, that would be awesome too! :-)

Best regards,
    Dennis.

Thanks! Reading the bit about the firewall in the readme file did help a lot... It's working now. If only Apple would decide that Airplay could support higher sampling/bit rates...

Or if you would be interested in creating in a MusicCast bridge, that would be awesome too! :-)

Best regards,
    Dennis.
    Glad you had it to work.
    BTW, you might, for WX-xx speakers, have to use the "Trigger" parameter if you experience that volume is not set properly after pause/resume
    I think AirPlay2 will support higher res, but spec is not and will probably be not public ... same as for MusicCast (and these bridges are not easy to do). The AirPlay was the best option for me as it gives me sync, which is really what I wanted. I wish I could do the same with Chromecast, but google is secretive about their sync protocol ...

I have just purchased a Yamaha wx-010... Media Markt are knocking them out for Ç88 so I thought it was rude not to. Anyways I just set it up and within a few minutes had it working off the local server and integrated with lms. This plugin is fantastic, the fact I get perfect sync and gapless playback with airplay is unbelievable.

I can now look at replacing over squeeze boxes as and when necessary, the flexibility of yamahas musiccast System is truly great, and the sound quality is at least equal to what I had previously.

The musiccast controller software is very rudimentary compared to something like iPeng, but thatĺs the beauty of using them this plugin, I can simply keep using my existing setup.

So a big Thank you Phillippe