Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have the same kind of problem on my radio. Seems it only happens on the SB software and not UE software

Skickat frňn min D5803 via Tapatalk

I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem.

I have 3 radios; One has had this problem for a couple of months and another (a UE conversion) has just started showing the same symptoms. The third is fine.

I can cure it by rebooting as stated above and the sound goes tinny again usually after I touch another button i.e. another preset or the back button. I'm no expert but it seems to me to be software related.

Very annoying as the Radio (the portable aspect) is the one model of SB hardware that can't be replaced by a RPi or such.

Hi,

I'm also getting this on at least two SB Radios. Could be software. Or perhaps capacitors drying out? No idea. A power cycle fixes it, but it's quite annoying. Doesn't happen on my Touches, Booms or SB3s. Only the Radio.

Stephen.

Problem gone ?

The problem seems to have 'gone away' for me. But I can't be sure, it was always relatively infrequent. Too infrequent to keep notes.

I have two radios, both of which exhibited it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    The problem seems to have 'gone away' for me. But I can't be sure, it was always relatively infrequent. Too infrequent to keep notes.

I have two radios, both of which exhibited it.
    It seems fairly random. It may happen every day for a week now. Mine have not suffered recently either, but just like the failure to charge after plugging in the power connector it is waiting to bite you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just thought I'd keep this thread live..... Had the same problem today for the very first time with one of the Radios (WiFi; SB/LMS; White). It had a battery which is fully charged: it usually runs off the mains anyway. A Power Cycle fixed the issue. Apart from selecting presets and turning the volume up and down (and those often via OrangeSqueeze) the thing has scarcely been physically touched or updated. Indeed, it probably hasn't even been Power Cycled for 6 months or so. "Old Reliable" I (usually) call the radios!

I don't know much about the innards of a Radio. Any new ideas out there?
    AGB

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018
    Operating system: Windows 10
    Music Library: external SD, exFAT (FLAC music; mp3 voice)

USA:
    LinkSys WRT54GS Router, WPA2
    1 x Touch, LAN (Firmware:7.7.3-r16676)
    Controller: 7.7.2-r9663

France:
    Sagem Livebox 2FR, or Freebox
    3 x Touch, 2 wireless, 1 LAN. (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
    Controller: 7.7.1-r9557
    3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 usually LAN]: 7.7.3-r16676

Quote Originally Posted by agbagb View Post
    Any new ideas out there?
    No new ideas, but an observation: switching to a stream with a different sample rate is enough to reset the audio chip and restore the base. Quicker than a power cycle.

I happen to have some presets playing streams that deliver 48,000 samples per second, and others that deliver 44,100. So it's easy for me to do that. But I don't think LMS readily reports the sample rate, so figuring out what each stream delivers might be a challenge. Perhaps worth trying a few random prods at your presets next time.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    No new ideas, but an observation: switching to a stream with a different sample rate is enough to reset the audio chip and restore the base. Quicker than a power cycle.

I happen to have some presets playing streams that deliver 48,000 samples per second, and others that deliver 44,100. So it's easy for me to do that. But I don't think LMS readily reports the sample rate, so figuring out what each stream delivers might be a challenge. Perhaps worth trying a few random prods at your presets next time.
    Oh, that's interesting. And easy enough to do (not least as a few of my favorite BBC presets come in alternative formats, so I can just make sure I have some at one rate and some at the other: makes very little actual difference on the ear). Any idea on how that works, from both angles? How does the chip lose its bearings, and how does a rate-switch fix it?
    AGB

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018
    Operating system: Windows 10
    Music Library: external SD, exFAT (FLAC music; mp3 voice)

USA:
    LinkSys WRT54GS Router, WPA2
    1 x Touch, LAN (Firmware:7.7.3-r16676)
    Controller: 7.7.2-r9663

France:
    Sagem Livebox 2FR, or Freebox
    3 x Touch, 2 wireless, 1 LAN. (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
    Controller: 7.7.1-r9557
    3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 usually LAN]: 7.7.3-r16676

Hi,

it is most probably a software problem, if I switch the radio to tvheadend sat radio streams with 48khz and 320Kbit/s mp2
    a couple of times, this is what I get in /var/log/messages when ssh'ed to the radio:

Nov 14 12:47:21 squeezeplay: audio_thread_execute:1025 xrun (snd_pcm_mmap_commit) err=-32
    Nov 14 12:47:21 kernel: [14577.151780] ssi1_irq SISR 11a0 SIER 180100 fifo_errs=1

switching back to a radio station with 128kbit/s and CBR brings back normal operation,..

best wishes pbg4

Quote Originally Posted by pbg4 View Post
    Hi,

it is most probably a software problem, if I switch the radio to tvheadend sat radio streams with 48khz and 320Kbit/s mp2
    a couple of times, this is what I get in /var/log/messages when ssh'ed to the radio:

Nov 14 12:47:21 squeezeplay: audio_thread_execute:1025 xrun (snd_pcm_mmap_commit) err=-32
    Nov 14 12:47:21 kernel: [14577.151780] ssi1_irq SISR 11a0 SIER 180100 fifo_errs=1

switching back to a radio station with 128kbit/s and CBR brings back normal operation,..

best wishes pbg4
    Coming to this late but my Radio displays the Bass issue from time to time.

Are we saying that rather than a reboot a simple temporary switch of audio formats from say 16/44 FLAC to 320kbps MP3 or vice versa will sort the issue ?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng