Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    My guess is that you are seeing what I think have seen, that increasing the buffer size just does not seem to be as effective when a stream is first started up. I won't attempt to speculate on why you have been recently "afflicted".

See my previous post today for an additional approach.
    I'll try that with one Radio to start with. Could it be because the stream is 320kbps? Then again it always has been. Maybe something in iPlayer changed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Could it be because the stream is 320kbps? Then again it always has been.
    Quite possibly contributory, because more decoding work. But then again...

Possibly delays in stream start up at the BBC end. I've found it impossible to diagnose, I end up speculating.

Quite possibly contributory, because more decoding work. But then again...

Possibly delays in stream start up at the BBC end. I've found it impossible to diagnose, I end up speculating.
    The strange thing is it plays normally for a few seconds before the bass disappears.

The strange thing is it plays normally for a few seconds before the bass disappears.
    Perhaps a "post start up glitch" at the BBC, or perhaps something else. BBC iPlayer setting Seconds to delay start live stream ? Mine is at 10 seconds.

As an aside, I find the Radio menu navigation noticeably sluggish when streaming BBC 320kbs AAC.

I have recently disabled "Native AAC" [1] on LMS, so now they are transcoded into flac. Menu navigation is noticeably more sprightly, and no drawbacks that I've noticed, so far at least.

[1] Server settings|Advanced|File Types

Perhaps a "post start up glitch" at the BBC, or perhaps something else. BBC iPlayer setting Seconds to delay start live stream ? Mine is at 10 seconds.

As an aside, I find the Radio menu navigation noticeably sluggish when streaming BBC 320kbs AAC.

I have recently disabled "Native AAC" [1] on LMS, so now they are transcoded into flac. Menu navigation is noticeably more sprightly, and no drawbacks that I've noticed, so far at least.

I have delay set to zero. Can't say I have noticed the menus being sluggish but I will watch out for it. I might try disabling AAC before trying the replacement alsa.

Which AAC did you disable? My stream is still reported as 320kbps AAC when I disable AAC or MPEG-4.

Which AAC did you disable? My stream is still reported as 320kbps AAC when I disable AAC or MPEG-4.
    See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

See attached.
    I did the same and no transcoding took place as far as I could see. Does the LMS now playing screen say the stream has been converted?

Does the LMS now playing screen say the stream has been converted?
    Yes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes.
    Oops so does mine. I could have sworn I looked there but obviously not. Let's see if it helps now.