Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agbagb
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by bpa
    BBC HLS & DASH streams are AAC 48kHz sample - this includes "Listen Again". Same source just different transports.

To ensure they are easily played - the global MP3 streams are 44.1kHz

I think all modern BBC Podcast are 48kHz.
    And my "fixer FLAC" was 44.1kHz. I have a spare preset button on the radio, so I think that I'll save a 44.1kHz FLAC track there from the collection, just in case I get more troubles with the 48kHz BBC streams. Easier "finger fix" - as of course this happened first thing this morning, when I was still in bed, forcing me up earlier than planned!
    Gary Brown
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 - 1700745578
    Win11
    Control: MaterialSkin Web GUI Firefox; MaterialSkin app on Android phones / pads

in Paris, France:-
    Freebox Pop Wifi6 / Mesh
    External SSDs, WiFi Laptop
    1 x Touch Wireless (8.0.1-r16916)
    1 x SB Radio Wireless (8.0.1-r16924)
    [+ 3 spare Touch, 3 spare Radio, 2 x SqueezeAMP]

Comment

• slartibartfast
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by agbagb
      BTW, that previous problem I'd had was back in 2018, and was the first time it ever happened. It's happened twice since, today included. And always the same Radio, the white one.
      Twice in three years is pretty good particularly with no "fix" installed. It used to affect my Radios a lot more than that before I installed @mrw 's fix and more recently the community firmware.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
      Bedroom: Radio
      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• agbagb
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by slartibartfast
        Twice in three years is pretty good particularly with no "fix" installed. It used to affect my Radios a lot more than that before I installed @mrw 's fix and more recently the community firmware.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
        I hadn't read through this entire thread, with all the creative detective work you guys did! It's such a rare occurence for me, and seems confined to just one of the several radios I run, that I'm not going to mess with applets and new firmware, and just rely on the "play something else" workround.

It's odd that a few folks seems to have had continual troubles, and many others either no or very few problems. I wonder if, for many people who might encounter this, simply pushing a few buttons, doing a power reset etc etc results in a "solution" to the problem - and indeed said folks may not even realise that they had experienced a woofer drop-out, but merely some funny audio "glitch" in either their stream or the device. I'm guessing that most Radio owers over the years have not trawled this Forum - and if the bass problem was indeed very common and persistent, a lot of Radios would have been tossed in the trash ......
        Gary Brown
        Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 - 1700745578
        Win11
        Control: MaterialSkin Web GUI Firefox; MaterialSkin app on Android phones / pads

in Paris, France:-
        Freebox Pop Wifi6 / Mesh
        External SSDs, WiFi Laptop
        1 x Touch Wireless (8.0.1-r16916)
        1 x SB Radio Wireless (8.0.1-r16924)
        [+ 3 spare Touch, 3 spare Radio, 2 x SqueezeAMP]

Comment

Working...