X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

Bass amp problem

> I have no knowledge of the "lua random albums menu" and "lms 8.0
    > compatibility fixes" that you refer to, something to look into.

As mentioned above the "LMS 8.0 compatibility fixes" are available as a
    patch on the Radio 7.7 firmware. As it's basically a back-port of a
    change already in the 7.8 branch, you wouldn't have to take care of
    that. The fact that it's already in 7.8 is the reason why Touch is not
    affected by that problem: most Touch devices probably already run 7.8
    firmware, which we never built for the Radio.

--

Michael
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

Bass amp problem

Hi - I'm having a problem on almost all my Radio(s): from time to time (especially after a pause/ resume) all bass-medium are gone which seems to indicate that the amp in charge of bass-medium speaker drive is off and does not resume. A power cycle solves the problem, but this is a bit strange. Am I the only one to observe that ?
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2015-08-17, 20:16.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• reinholdk
      • Jan 2010

never experienced this on my Radios...

Comment

• slartibartfast
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by philippe_44
        Hi - I'm having a problem on almost all my Radio(s): from time to time (especially after a pause/ resume) all bass-medium are gone which seems to indicate that the amp in charge of bass-medium speaker drive is off and does not resume. A power cycle solves the problem, but this is a bit strange. Am I the only to observe that ?
        No, I've noticed this a few times on my newer white radio. Never on my black radio. It seems to happen when the battery is low but that may be coincidence. The black radio is normally plugged in and the white radio is always used on battery which fits the low battery theory.
        Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
        Bedroom: Radio
        Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• philippe_44
          • May 2008

Originally posted by slartibartfast
          No, I've noticed this a few times on my newer white radio. Never on my black radio. It seems to happen when the battery is low but that may be coincidence. The black radio is normally plugged in and the white radio is always used on battery which fits the low battery theory.
          Mines do that unfortunately whether they are on battery or plugged

Comment

• Mnyb
            • Feb 2006

Mines do that unfortunately whether they are on battery or plugged
            A battery problem ? Does it happen often enough so that you can experiment with removing the battery pack from a radio and notice any differences ?
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
            Bedroom/Office: Boom
            Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
            Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
            iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
            (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
            server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• philippe_44
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Mnyb
              A battery problem ? Does it happen often enough so that you can experiment with removing the battery pack from a radio and notice any differences ?
              I'll try as it happens frequently enough. The battery is fine, though, as they all run for hours on battery if needed

Comment

• chris67
                • Aug 2008

Hope this thread's not too old to add to...

I'm having the same problem with my Logitech UE radio (reverted to Squeezebox mode, firmware 7.7.3-r16676). I started playing music yesterday forgetting I had headphones plugged in. I removed headphones without stopping the music and ever since, no bass.

I've tried:
                • Rebooting the radio (numerous times)
                • Removing and reinserting battery
                • Performing software update
                • Restore factory settings
                • Restoring backup copy of server.prefs file

The tinny sound remains whatever I do and it makes no difference whether the radio's playing through its own speaker or through headphones.

Any advice/suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Chris
                Last edited by chris67; 2015-12-31, 20:02.
                It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Comment

• chris67
                  • Aug 2008

My bad.

Working perfectly now. The drums kicking in on Metallica's "Enter Sandman" proved that. Weird. I was sure it consistently sounded wrong several days ago. Placebo effect?
                  It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Comment

• philippe_44
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by chris67
                    Working perfectly now. The drums kicking in on Metallica's "Enter Sandman" proved that. Weird. I was sure it consistently sounded wrong several days ago. Placebo effect?
                    I don't think its placebo - it happens once every other week on most of my Radios

Comment

• markr
                      • Apr 2005

I don't think its placebo - it happens once every other week on most of my Radios
                      Yeah, I have it once in a while, since I bought the unit severals years ago. I get the feeling it recently got worse. Alas, no one seem to have found a solution. So I reboot the radio and it will work fine again for some time.
                      Mark Ruys

Comment

• Humpfrid
                        • Nov 2016

I have the same kind of problem on my radio. Seems it only happens on the SB software and not UE software

Skickat från min D5803 via Tapatalk

Comment

• Mushroom_3
                          • Oct 2007

I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem.

I have 3 radios; One has had this problem for a couple of months and another (a UE conversion) has just started showing the same symptoms. The third is fine.

I can cure it by rebooting as stated above and the sound goes tinny again usually after I touch another button i.e. another preset or the back button. I'm no expert but it seems to me to be software related.

Very annoying as the Radio (the portable aspect) is the one model of SB hardware that can't be replaced by a RPi or such.

Comment

• StephenC
                            • Sep 2014

Hi,

I'm also getting this on at least two SB Radios. Could be software. Or perhaps capacitors drying out? No idea. A power cycle fixes it, but it's quite annoying. Doesn't happen on my Touches, Booms or SB3s. Only the Radio.

Stephen.

Comment

• mrw
                              • May 2010

Problem gone ?

The problem seems to have 'gone away' for me. But I can't be sure, it was always relatively infrequent. Too infrequent to keep notes.

I have two radios, both of which exhibited it.

Comment

Working...