Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    I just heard a track on Radio 2 that at one point made me think that the bass amp issue had returned but it was just the way the track was produced. Sigh of relief . It was a track I had never heard before (Overnight Sensation by the Raspberries) and all of a sudden all the instrumentation disappeared leaving a high pitched vocal.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I just heard a track on Radio 2 that at one point made me think that the bass amp issue had returned but it was just the way the track was produced. Sigh of relief . It was a track I had never heard before (Overnight Sensation by the Raspberries) and all of a sudden all the instrumentation disappeared leaving a high pitched vocal.
    I know the feeling. My heart has been sinking a little over the last couple of weeks, but then I realized that the relevant Radio is using the original firmware.

I have never heard of the Raspberries. Should I have done ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    I know the feeling. My heart has been sinking a little over the last couple of weeks, but then I realized that the relevant Radio is using the original firmware.

I have never heard of the Raspberries. Should I have done ?
    Based on that song I would say no but apparently John Lennon was a fan.

An awesome track - persumably played by Ken Bruce, as he loves the song?
    Server: LMS 8.1.1 on piCorePlayer 7.0.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface

Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    An awesome track - persumably played by Ken Bruce, as he loves the song?
    Indeed it was Ken although I can't remember ever having heard the song before. Even Springsteen likes it.
    https://powerpop.blog/2019/02/12/ras...on-hit-record/

I just experienced the Bass Amp issue immediately after a plugin update and subsequent LMS restart.

I just experienced the Bass Amp issue immediately after a plugin update and subsequent LMS restart.
    I shall continue the quest. But I fear it will take a very large lightbulb and painstaking review of kernel sources to actually nail it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    I shall continue the quest. But I fear it will take a very large lightbulb and painstaking review of kernel sources to actually nail it.
    It seemed a strange time for it to happen. A radio stream was playing before the restart but I am sure if I did the same again it wouldn't happen.