Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

IP control of power amp

Hi,

Can anyone push me in the right direction.
    I would like to power on and off my amp when I power on or off my squeezebox touch.

The amp is IP controlled with only two command B01ON for on and B01OFF for off.
    It is on port 23 with the static IP address of 192.168.1.3

I have tried to use a few plugins but have had no luck.

I can share my setup which may be wildly off-base:

I have a USB Z-Wave stick with automation software called OpenHAB. The software has a squeezebox plugin to talk to LMS to get player status and send player commands. I have a Z-Wave switch between my amps (no IP) and their power strip. I have a rule set up such that if any player turns on and the amps are off, turn the amps on. I have another rule set up such that if any player turns off and all the other players are off and the amps are on, turn the amps off.

The USB stick is $40, the power switch is $30, and the software is free. I use Z-Wave for much other automation, but it was worth the $30 switch to save $6/mo in standby power that my amps were using.

Edit: I just thought of something else. OpenHAB has plugins for tons of stuff, including running commands on the host computer or sending web requests. Perhaps just the OpenHAB software with no Z-Wave would be able to send an http get/post to your IP amps: https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Http-Binding
    Last edited by dangerusty; 2015-08-12 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by richyboypalm View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone push me in the right direction.
    I would like to power on and off my amp when I power on or off my squeezebox touch.

The amp is IP controlled with only two command B01ON for on and B01OFF for off.
    It is on port 23 with the static IP address of 192.168.1.3

I have tried to use a few plugins but have had no luck.
    TCP/23 is the standard port for the telnet protocol.
    You're looking to use programs such as "telnet" or "netcat" to control your amp. I don't really know of a plugin that allows to run a custom command besides Server Power Control (you could use players idleness monitoring + a custom command, I think.)
    In case no plugin really exists for doing this, then a simple script running every minute or so could do the trick: with the CLI it is easy to get a player's power status from LMS (you can telnet/netcat to LMS on port 9090, or -better- use JSON to communicate with LMS). From there the script could set the amp on or off to reflect player status.

HTH
    Last edited by epoch1970; 2015-08-12 at 10:05.
    2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 6 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Hi, Have a look at SBNetIO. A plugin made by Catfish, it does the trick for me!