Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I don't know what I changed. But in a second try it did work.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Not sure what I missed, but going through it again seems to have fixed it for me as well. Thanks folks!

Problem with LMS on Freenas11

Hi!
    I have a problem with LMS on Freenas 11. When I try to run LMS, I have a message:

Code:
    Starting lms.
    The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name
    Why it doesn't work? Everything (PERL version, LMS version, users, groups, access rights etc) seems to be OK, but it doesn't work...

How to: Installing LMS 7.9 nightly in aFreeBSD jail on FreeNAS 9.3

> The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name
    > ....
    >
    > Why it doesn't work? Everything (PERL version, LMS version, users,
    > groups, access rights etc) seems to be OK, but it doesn't work...

Quite obviously the Perl version is not ok. It's missing above modules.
    Did you try to build the modules as outlined in this thread?

--
    --

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by alayer View Post
    Hi!
    I have a problem with LMS on Freenas 11. When I try to run LMS, I have a message:

Code:
    Starting lms.
    The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name
    Why it doesn't work? Everything (PERL version, LMS version, users, groups, access rights etc) seems to be OK, but it doesn't work...
    Hi,
    If you are on Freenas 11, why not running LMS in Docker?

Still doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSON::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name
    > ....
    >
    > Why it doesn't work? Everything (PERL version, LMS version, users,
    > groups, access rights etc) seems to be OK, but it doesn't work...

Quite obviously the Perl version is not ok. It's missing above modules.
    Did you try to build the modules as outlined in this thread?

--
    --

Michael
    1. I built lms in lms_build jail, using RichieB script (https://github.com/RichieB2B/lms-freenas ).
    After 30 minutes - success!
    Code:
    Building complete! The result is in /tmp/LMS/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-FreeBSD.tar
    root@build_lms:/usr/home/al # ll /tmp/LMS/
    total 49006
    -rw-r--r--   1 root   wheel     11518 Dec  8 23:44 buildme.sh.log
    drwx------  12 10184  10017        39 Mar  8  2017 logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-FreeBSD/
    -rw-r--r--   1 root   wheel  42740224 Dec  8 23:44 logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-FreeBSD.tar
    -rw-r--r--   1 root   wheel  24084509 Mar  8  2017 logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-FreeBSD.tgz
    drwxr-xr-x  10 root   wheel        11 Dec  8 23:44 slimserver-vendor/
    2. Then I made a second jail, lms, and installed my fresh logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-FreeBSD.tar as described in this thread ( e.g. in coreadale post). Unfortunately, when I want to start LMS, i had a message:

Code:
    root@lms:/tmp/lms # /etc/rc.d/lms start
    Starting lms.

NOTE:

If you're running some unsupported Linux/Unix platform, please use the buildme.sh
    script located here:

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor/tree/public/7.9/CPAN

If 7.9 is outdated by the time you read this, Replace "7.9" with the major version
    You should never need to do this if you're on Windows or Mac OSX. If the installers
    don't work for you, ask for help and/or report a bug.

Exiting..
    root@lms:/tmp/lms #
    I don't know much about FreeBSD or freenas 11, so I don't know what I do wrong. Tomorrow I will start with Docker, as Cadavor suggest.

Best regards,
    Andrzej
    Last edited by alayer; 2017-12-09 at 00:22.

1. I built lms in lms_build jail, using RichieB script (https://github.com/RichieB2B/lms-freenas ).
    After 30 minutes - success!
    Code:
    Building complete! The result is in /tmp/LMS/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-FreeBSD.tar
    root@build_lms:/usr/home/al # ll /tmp/LMS/
    total 49006
    -rw-r--r--   1 root   wheel     11518 Dec  8 23:44 buildme.sh.log
    drwx------  12 10184  10017        39 Mar  8  2017 logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-FreeBSD/
    -rw-r--r--   1 root   wheel  42740224 Dec  8 23:44 logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-FreeBSD.tar
    -rw-r--r--   1 root   wheel  24084509 Mar  8  2017 logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-FreeBSD.tgz
    drwxr-xr-x  10 root   wheel        11 Dec  8 23:44 slimserver-vendor/
    2. Then I made a second jail, lms, and installed my fresh logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-FreeBSD.tar as described in this thread ( e.g. in coreadale post). Unfortunately, when I want to start LMS, i had a message:

Code:
    root@lms:/tmp/lms # /etc/rc.d/lms start
    Starting lms.

NOTE:

If you're running some unsupported Linux/Unix platform, please use the buildme.sh
    script located here:

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor/tree/public/7.9/CPAN

If 7.9 is outdated by the time you read this, Replace "7.9" with the major version
    You should never need to do this if you're on Windows or Mac OSX. If the installers
    don't work for you, ask for help and/or report a bug.

Exiting..
    root@lms:/tmp/lms #
    I don't know much about FreeBSD or freenas 11, so I don't know what I do wrong. Tomorrow I will start with Docker, as Cadavor suggest.

Best regards,
    Andrzej

Did you check that it's not the same simple error as posted in #51? Building LMS using this method in FreeNAS 11 does work, I did it about two months ago. To use Docker in FreeNAS, you'd have to create a linux virtual machine first to run docker. This seems rather pointless when you can just install LMS in the virtual machine. In any case, LMS running in a virtual machine inside FreeNAS does not have direct access to your zfs pool data, you have to setup network shares to mount within the virtual machine. Performance is better when using jails.

@Krisbee I think you're right - there must be a stupid, simple error I made somewhere, but I can't find it. In #51 there is only:

Code:
    EDIT: Tried it again. Now it works! Thanks alot!
    but why "it works" now??? In my case there are no problems with .tar extensions, I run every command separately for error checking, and because I want to learn more about FreeBSD and Freenas. I like to see how it works and with every try I think I know more, for example how to compile FreeBSD ports :-)

@Krisbee I think you're right - there must be a stupid, simple error I made somewhere, but I can't find it. In #51 there is only:

Code:
    EDIT: Tried it again. Now it works! Thanks alot!
    but why "it works" now??? In my case there are no problems with .tar extensions, I run every command separately for error checking, and because I want to learn more about FreeBSD and Freenas. I like to see how it works and with every try I think I know more, for example how to compile FreeBSD ports :-)
    One thing you might check is if the build jail and jail used to run LMS both used the same version of perl. And I'd also check the contents of the "buildme.sh.log".

Finally - IT WORKS!!!

After 4 busy evenings LMS is running
    The problem is with PERL versions.
    Perl, FreeNAS11:
    Code:
    [root@freenas11 ~]# perl --version                                              

This is perl 5, version 20, subversion 3 (v5.20.3) built for amd64-freebsd-threa
    d-multi
    Perl in jails:
    Code:
    $ perl --version

This is perl 5, version 24, subversion 1 (v5.24.1) built for amd64-freebsd-thread-multi
    Perl in jails after pkg update/upgrade commands:
    Code:
    root@lms_build:/usr/home/al # perl --version

This is perl 5, version 24, subversion 3 (v5.24.3) built for amd64-freebsd-thread-multi
    Third version

You can't build LMS (./buildme.sh) using PERL 5.24.3, 5.22.4, 5.26.1. Compilation works ONLY with Perl 5.24.1.
    So simply don't execute
    Code:
    pkg update
    pkg upgrade
    in lms_built and lms jails - and it works.

I downloaded logitechmediaserver-7.9.1-1512734075-FreeBSD.tgz from h t t p : / / downloads-origin.slimdevices.com / nightly/?ver=7.9 , instructions like Coreadale wrote in #50 with some modifications (Perl versions, no pkg update/upgrade, no wget - I downloaded latest LMS version manually, after building LMS more directories to remove (rm -rf 5.26) and in LMS jail:
    Code:
    pkg install p5-IO-Socket-SSL
    So - it was very interestig for me to learn how to build LMS, thanks to all of you for all posts in this thread, really very helpfull. Now it's time for music

Andrzej
    Last edited by alayer; 2017-12-15 at 08:31.