Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    I re-downloaded the lms file and the MD5 hash is the same as in the hash in the downloaded file.
    but the startup is no success..

Code:
    root@SqueezeServ:/ # service lms start                                          
    Starting lms.                                                                   
    The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Logitech Media Server
    :                                                                               
      Image::Scale:                                                                 
    Image::Scale object version 0.11 does not match bootstrap parameter 0.08 at /usr
    /local/lib/perl5/5.20/mach/DynaLoader.pm line 216.                              
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 92) line 1.                              
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 92) line 1.                          

To fix this problem you have several options:                                   
    1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Modul
    e                                                                               
    2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.                         
    3. Run the .tar.gz version of Logitech Media Server which includes all required 
    CPAN modules.                                                                   

root@SqueezeServ:/ #
    Anny ideas?
    Perl version mismatch is my guess. It's the most common problem and it's unlikely that 5.20 is the right version.
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

the installed version of perl is: perl 5, version 20, subversion 3 (v5.20.3)
    in /tmp/LMS/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-"ver"/CPAN/arch/ there is a folder 5.22
    i tried all the commands pointing to 5.22 but i got almost the same error, can't really remember...
    is there something in the buildme.sh script?
    i checked the log file but could not find any "error", "failed", "Warning.
    is there maybe something that might need to be changed in the buildme.sh file?

the installed version of perl is: perl 5, version 20, subversion 3 (v5.20.3)
    in /tmp/LMS/logitechmediaserver-7.9.0-"ver"/CPAN/arch/ there is a folder 5.22
    i tried all the commands pointing to 5.22 but i got almost the same error, can't really remember...
    is there something in the buildme.sh script?
    i checked the log file but could not find any "error", "failed", "Warning.
    is there maybe something that might need to be changed in the buildme.sh file?
    AFAIK you do not need to edit the buildme.sh script. But you do need to have the symbolic links point to the correct directory for Perl. The "ln" commands are the key here for both the build and run jails.
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

The "ln" is linked to the perl 5.20.3 Folder.
    Almost as in the tutorial.
    I did not have the ".2" Folder so I edited to link to the one I have.
    Was it wrong?

The "ln" is linked to the perl 5.20.3 Folder.
    Almost as in the tutorial.
    I did not have the ".2" Folder so I edited to link to the one I have.
    Was it wrong?
    I honestly don't know. With so little to go on (only you were there), I can't tell you exactly what went wrong.

So my suggestion is start over and do it again. Carefully. Make sure everything works as you go through the process. It took me a lot of tries before I got it right and it's easy to miss something.

I followed the instructions and managed getting everything in place, after restarting the jail as the last instruction. I tried the ip:9000 but no success..
    i went into the jail to try and start it manually (service lms restart) i get the error:
    Code:
    root@SqueezeServ:/ # service lms restart                                        
    lms not running? (check /var/run/lms/lms.pid).                                  
    Starting lms.                                                                   
    /usr/local/lms/slimserver.pl: not found                                         
    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/lms: WARNING: failed to start lms                           
    root@SqueezeServ:/ #
    the file is located in the correct place i believe all rights are correct (as the instructions tell)
    anyone know what could be the problem?
    Hello, i get the same error as Wolfy.
    I followed instructions and checked the md5 hash which is ok.
    I also checked all rights nothing seems wrong but it doesn't work so...

Anyone can help me?

EDIT : I check ln command in lms jail and find that they missed so I re-do ln commands and now I have the same error than Wolfy about Image::Scale
    Last edited by cadavor; 2016-03-26 at 12:56.

To solve problem about Image::Scale i follow this post : https://forums.freenas.org/index.php...-3#post-263920
    and now LMS runs!

Nightly 7.9 on nas4free

I have a working LMS 7.9 in a Freebsd jail on nas4free. I had to follow the instructions to checkout an earlier version of Image::Scale (as described in the post linked above.

Can anyone explain what has changed with Image::Scale moving from 0.8 to 0.11 and what can be done about it?

How to: Installing LMS 7.9 nightly in aFreeBSD jail on FreeNAS 9.3

> Can anyone explain what has changed with Image::Scale moving from 0.8 to
    > 0.11 and what can be done about it?

From the little I read on that linked page I don't think that
    Image::Scale per se is a problem. But you'd have to not only copy the
    compiled binary file, but its Scale.pm file, too. Otherwise the latter
    used by LMS would require a binary version 0.8, instead of the 0.11
    you've found.

I don't remember exactly why we had to update. But I vaguely remember
    that 0.8 exposed some issue with newer Perl versions. You can find the
    detailed list of changes for Image::Scale on Andy's github page:

https://github.com/andygrundman/Imag...commits/master

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I don't think that
    Image::Scale per se is a problem. But you'd have to not only copy the
    compiled binary file, but its Scale.pm file, too. Otherwise the latter
    used by LMS would require a binary version 0.8, instead of the 0.11
    you've found. I don't remember exactly why we had to update. But I vaguely remember
    that 0.8 exposed some issue with newer Perl versions. You can find the
    detailed list of changes for Image::Scale on Andy's github page:

https://github.com/andygrundman/Imag...commits/master
    Thanks Michael. Andy says the same thing. I read the changes but could not make sense of them. I think I can see how the mismatch occurs but do not know how to avoid it.

I have been combining building slimserver-vendor from git (so that I get architecture specific binaries) with files from a recent nightly. So Scale.so 0.11 gets built but I combine it with Scale.pm 0.08 from the nightly.

If I rollback with git I can get an earlier version of Scale.so but what can I do to get a version of Scale.pm which matches Scale.so 0.11? Is it something I can build from slimserver-vendor? Can the existing scale.pm be updated?

## update

So, I built a new set of files from slimserver-vendor on git and then combined files from the build with a noCPAN unix tarball nightly. I copied the newly built /arch files from slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build into the nightly along with the Scale.pm from '/usr/local/lms/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/build/5.20/lib/perl5/amd64-freebsd-thread-multi/Image'. Details on the nas4free forum. Now LMS is running and happily scanning my library.
    Last edited by stuarty; 2016-04-25 at 12:26. Reason: more info