Backyard deck system

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marflao
    • Sep 2012

Well...at least I tried it but wasn´t successful in the end.

What did I do:
    (i) used Notepad++, copy&past the code mentioned from Apesbrain and updated the Mac address with the one for my player (the Nexus 7) => saved the file as "custom-convert.conf" on my NAS (mounted to Explorer)
    (ii) opened putty, logged in on my NAS with "root" and the pw I use to access DSM and moved the file to the folder where the "convert.conf" file is located (in my case /volume1/@appstore/LmsRepack/)
    (iii) logged in the GUI of my NAS and clicked on package center. Stopped "LMS Repack" (I´m using pinkdot´s version) and started it again.
    (iv) started Squezzeplayer on my tablet, switched to OrangeSqueeze and started a 24/94 song with the result that the player "Asus Nexus 7" stopped.

Now I´m stucked again ;-)
    Any tip?

Comment

• Apesbrain
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by marflao
      Any tip?
      Unfortunately, your NAS may not have enough CPU power to run SoX* in this way. If you want to confirm, temporarily install LMS on your PC and copy some of your hi-res music as well as the new custom-convert.conf to the appropriate places. Restart and try to play these files via your new LMS instance on your Nexus 7.

*Are we sure the Synology distribution of LMS even has SoX support?
      Last edited by Apesbrain; 2015-08-16, 20:32.

Comment

• marflao
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Apesbrain
        Unfortunately, your NAS may not have enough CPU power to run SoX* in this way. If you want to confirm, temporarily install LMS on your PC and copy some of your hi-res music as well as the new custom-convert.conf to the appropriate places. Restart and try to play these files via your new LMS instance on your Nexus 7.

Thanks Apesbrain.
        Maybe I try it.

Btw... Don't know the answer wrt the Sox support yet.

All the best,
        M.

Comment

• Mnyb
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Apesbrain

Thanks Apesbrain.
          Maybe I try it.

Btw... Don't know the answer wrt the Sox support yet.

All the best,
          M.
          You can check if a SoX binary is shipped with install they are all in the same folder , no I don't know where they reside on your NAS ( sorry , Google )

However this may be the problem all along , if SoX is not supported on your synology model that's may be why it's broken in the first place .
          Just try LMS a real computer ,but don't yet add your custom.convert.conf . Maybe there is nothing wrong with the player .
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
          Bedroom/Office: Boom
          Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
          Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
          iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
          (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
          server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• Julf
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Mnyb
            You can check if a SoX binary is shipped with install they are all in the same folder , no I don't know where they reside on your NAS ( sorry , Google )
            Worst case you can always do a "find / -name sox", but it will take a while...
            "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Comment

• marflao
              • Sep 2012

Well.. the Sox file is located in one of the subdirectories of my LmsRepack folder.

Hmm...

Comment

• Apesbrain
                • Jun 2005

Well.. the Sox file is located in one of the subdirectories of my LmsRepack folder.
                Ok, so you've got sox.exe but it may not be running. I know it's a bother but the best way for us to help is for you to install LMS on a PC, copy over some 16/44 and hi-res, and see if it works with your Nexus: without or with the earlier custom-convert.conf file.

Comment

• marflao
                  • Sep 2012

I finally found some time to install LMS on my Win8 notebook.

I used the offical 7.7.5. version and after I set up everything I checked it with a 24/192 flac file and voilà ...it worked..played without any problems via my Nexus (and a custom-convert.conf file wasn´t even needed).

Am I right now that my NAS is the bottleneck?

Thanks so far for everybody´s help!!! Much, much appreciated.

Cheers,
                  M.

Comment

• d6jg
                    • Feb 2011

Don't ditch the NAS just run LMS on a PC and point it at the storage on the NAS. Tell LMS the storage path by UNC path eg \\NASIP\MusicFolder use the IP address rather than name - assuming your NAS has a static IP. IPs always work, names can fail. You can map the drive as well. Both the PC and NAS should be wired not wireless.
                    It should be straight forward.
                    Jim

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Celestion F10s
                    Dining Room SB Radio
                    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                    Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

• Mnyb
                      • Feb 2006

You can have both LMS running without problem the player can switch between them as needed . So you can start the win8 computer when needed .

Or make down converted copies at a resolution that works for you (as this is what LMS has to do anyway).
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
                      Bedroom/Office: Boom
                      Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
                      Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
                      iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
                      (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
                      server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• marflao
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by d6jg
                        Don't ditch the NAS just run LMS on a PC and point it at the storage on the NAS. Tell LMS the storage path by UNC path eg \\NASIP\MusicFolder use the IP address rather than name - assuming your NAS has a static IP. IPs always work, names can fail. You can map the drive as well. Both the PC and NAS should be wired not wireless.
                        It should be straight forward.
                        Originally posted by Mnyb
                        You can have both LMS running without problem the player can switch between them as needed . So you can start the win8 computer when needed .

Or make down converted copies at a resolution that works for you (as this is what LMS has to do anyway).
                        Thanks guys,
                        Will do and go the notebook route for "backyard" activities :-)

Have a great sunny weekend.
                        Cheers,
                        M.

Comment

Working...