Backyard deck system

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pippin
    • Oct 2007

The last point is right. I suspect SqueezePlayer reports what it can handle but it doesn't do any own processing and whether it successfully plays depends on the capabilities of the Android device which vary much more than under iOS....
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• philippe_44
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Mnyb
      I get you but believers in hirez do want content above 20kHz even in the delivery format to customers . But I agree that most likely this creates problem in the playback chain tweeter resonances and IM and provoke IM in amplifiers etc and actually transformer resonances in tube amps etc .
      So hirez dowloads to consumers do contain over 20kHz . Worst case they contain unfiltered DSD noise as the original might have been DSD ,that you *really* want to filter out
      (sigh) understood - that's why I'm not an audiophile, I guess
      I do understand that recording in very high resolution is necessary for a myriad of reasons , this is not the same topic as playback I constanly say this as this is always confused . (now thats done )

But i agree that not hearing them is the worst option , you really want the music .

On topic should not even the software players report back properly to LMS about their capability so LMS can downsample automatically . If you have to write you own convert conf's something seem broken to me ?? So bug report to the author of such player seems the next step
      The LMS protocol lets you (at registration) specify a capability list that includes the maximum supported sample rate. Based on that, LMS does downsampling, I think. What is still missing is the possibility to declare the supported sample depth. Hence in my UPnPBridge plugin I still have to mess with sample size in case the player does not support 24 bits
      Last edited by philippe_44; 2015-08-15, 05:26.
      LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• Mnyb
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by pippin
        The last point is right. I suspect SqueezePlayer reports what it can handle but it doesn't do any own processing and whether it successfully plays depends on the capabilities of the Android device which vary much more than under iOS....
        Aha got that ,there are so many of android devices of varying quality and provenance . Maybe there is no reasonable way to query the hardware about it either , for squeezeplayer .

And to have a manual setting in the app , you get a support issue as it's going to be misunderstood .....
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
        Bedroom/Office: Boom
        Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
        Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
        iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
        (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
        server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• marflao
          • Sep 2012

Hmm.... doesn't seem that easy.

Now I'm thinking of creating a playlist with songs up to 24/44,1 which I will use with SqueezePlayer.

Comment

• Julf
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by marflao
            Hmm.... doesn't seem that easy.

Now I'm thinking of creating a playlist with songs up to 24/44,1 which I will use with SqueezePlayer.
            So you didn't get the custom-convert.conf to work?
            "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Comment

• marflao
              • Sep 2012

Backyard deck system

Haven't tried that yet, Julf.
              Reasons:
              (i) i'm not so familiar in Linux (and i guess i need to ssh in that file, or?). But i will check this if
              (ii) downsampling won't take place once i choose the Touch.
              But from pippin's post above i understood that it will be downsampled as well with the Touch as player. Or was his post not a respond to my question? Maybe i misunderstood something ?!

Comment

• Julf
                • Dec 2010

(i) i'm not so familiar in Linux (and i guess i need to ssh in that file, or?).
                Yes, you can prepare and edit it on another system, but in the end you have to get into the right place, so a brief ssh session is needed.

But i will check this if
                (ii) downsampling won't take place once i choose the Touch.
                But from pippin's post above i understood that it will be downsampled as well with the Touch as player. Or was his post not a respond to my question? Maybe i misunderstood something ?!
                If the config is based on mac addresses, it only affects those specific players, so you can leave the Touch unaffected.
                "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Comment

• marflao
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Julf
                  Yes, you can prepare and edit it on another system, but in the end you have to get into the right place, so a brief ssh session is needed.

If the config is based on mac addresses, it only affects those specific players, so you can leave the Touch unaffected.
                  OK..that sounds great, Julf.
                  Now my questions regarding the code for the conv file Apesbrain has mentioned:

Originally posted by Apesbrain

Code:
                  flc flc * 00:00:00:00:00:00
                  	# FT:{START=--skip=%t}U:{END=--until=%v}
                  	[flac] -dcs $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0 -b 16 -r 44.1k -
                  Where 00:00:00:00:00:00 is the MAC address of your tablet.

This file goes on your server in same folder as "convert.conf". Restart.
                  Is that enough or do I need to insert some other rows in that conv file (besides my SqueezePlayer´s MAC address)?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Julf
                    • Dec 2010

Is that enough or do I need to insert some other rows in that conv file (besides my SqueezePlayer´s MAC address)?
                    That should be enough.

Comment

• marflao
                      • Sep 2012

Thanks Julf.

Now another hurdle ;-)

I can´t log in via putty to the LMS. I tried it with the IP address and port 9000 but that doesn´t work. Putty shuts down.

Isn´t that how it should work? Once i would be connected login as "root" and PW "1234", or?

Sorry for the noob questions ;-)

Comment

• Julf
                        • Dec 2010

I can´t log in via putty to the LMS. I tried it with the IP address and port 9000 but that doesn´t work. Putty shuts down.
                        It won't be listening for ssh on port 9000 - the correct port is 22 (but the ssh client should use that by default).

Isn´t that how it should work? Once i would be connected login as "root" and PW "1234", or?
                        Can you remind me - what system are you running LMS on?

Comment

• marflao
                          • Sep 2012

LMS is running on a Synology NAS.

Tried to connect to port 22 and logged in as "root" but then it failed with PW "1234".

Comment

• Julf
                            • Dec 2010

LMS is running on a Synology NAS.

Tried to connect to port 22 and logged in as "root" but then it failed with PW "1234".
                            I have no experience with the Synology, but according to google, it seems the default admin password is empty, not "1234".

Comment

• marflao
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Julf
                              I have no experience with the Synology, but according to google, it seems the default admin password is empty, not "1234".
                              Hmm...doesn´t work.
                              Need to dig a bit deeper into this later this afternoon. Thanks so far.

Comment

• Julf
                                • Dec 2010

Hmm...doesn´t work.
                                Need to dig a bit deeper into this later this afternoon. Thanks so far.
                                You might have to create a ssh user through the synology web interface.

Comment

Working...