Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

How to stream music without PC?

Is there some way I can get music to my squeezebox without PC running maybe a cloud or someway to hook a usb drive as there are no ports for usb? a Wifi hard drive any ideas? Thanks

I guess you could plug your smartphone headphone out into the Radio and use a cloud streaming app.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster101 View Post
    Is there some way I can get music to my squeezebox without PC running maybe a cloud or someway to hook a usb drive as there are no ports for usb? a Wifi hard drive any ideas? Thanks
    A raspberrypi, odroid or cubieboard or you want no extra box *at all* ?
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

NAS , mini server of some kind , Cubie , RasPI , Odriod etc .

Check third party hardware forum and third party software forum .

The server software must run on something , but some arm based mini computers are not bigger than a cigarette pack and has USB for a hardrive .

I have HP microserver running headless (no keybaord no monitor admin trough web ) with linux . Maybe to large . But today there are smaller options .

Vortexbox ? Max2play ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    I guess you could plug your smartphone headphone out into the Radio and use a cloud streaming app.
    Great suggestion so I gave it a try ....did not work guess it's audio out only on back of radio....going to try third party ..many thanks for your suggestion.

With Luck I was able to solve my problem...Storage without running a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster101 View Post
    With a little luck I discovered a great way to hook up your music collection to squeezebox and use music apps that you can get from apple store for 99 cents to play on Squeeze box....auto jack in back hook it to Ipad audio out not only does it works but gives that pop to the music only Squeezebox can deliver....very happy ...thanks for your help and hope I am returning the help.

This is great.

Now that I hooked my Ipad to Squeezebox I downloaded ( Live Country Radio to my Ipad now I have a 7inch screen it turn my Squeezebox into a touch screen player no more turning the knobs for radio stations and downloaded Donut player to listen to my Music collection and using touch screen on Ipad to play my music no longer need the server to stream music to it Ipad does that for me now. My sound of the Ipad to the Squeezebox produces that beautiful sounds Ipad and Squeezebox is a perfect marriage.)