Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobertH1
    • Jun 2015

No sound coming from squeezebox

My squeezebox boom was working fine. The only setting I changed was the line in level. After I did that it still worked. Today I am not getting anything from it at all. There is no sound. It shows stations are playing but nothing plays. I have tried resetting everything. I have disconnected from my squeezebox account and connected it up again. Still same problem. Can anyone help?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  • kidstypike
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RobertH1
    My squeezebox boom was working fine. The only setting I changed was the line in level. After I did that it still worked. Today I am not getting anything from it at all. There is no sound. It shows stations are playing but nothing plays. I have tried resetting everything. I have disconnected from my squeezebox account and connected it up again. Still same problem. Can anyone help?

Check Settings > Audio > Line out, change it from what it says now to something else, then change back. Sometimes this kick starts it into playing normally.
    Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
    Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
    Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
    Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• RobertH1
      • Jun 2015

Hi I found a solution. It was to press the preset 1 button then plug in the box. This reset something and it started working. Still not sure what caused this. But thanks for helping.

Comment

• rth10260
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by RobertH1
        Hi I found a solution. It was to press the preset 1 button then plug in the box. This reset something and it started working. Still not sure what caused this. But thanks for helping.

Have just solved s similar problem on a Squeezebox Radio (Hardware level 5).

I have two boxes synchronized, and when using the "dead" loudspeaker device it also calcelled out the sound on the other device (keep them unsynced as temporary solution).

I first thought the device had gone dead, but running the Diagnostics>Audio I could hear all three test sounds.

The above solution by RobertH1 did not work for me.

I finally run a Factory Reset, the problem was solved. Nice detail: user settings are mostly retained or recovered after this reset procedure.

Comment

• 58hatschi43
          • Feb 2024

No sound coming from squeezebox.
          My requirements: only listen to Radio. No music library.2 Squeezebox RadiosRaspberry PI B+ or Raspberry PI 3BpiCorePlayer8.2.0.img
          I am not practiced in software.
          piCorePlayer: Squeezlite and LMS is running.
          Configure LMS> Logitech Media Server> Player> Audio> “Volume controls adjust outputs”.
          The Radio is working. I can store different Radio stations. The cover picture changes with the different programs.
          When I change the Volume Control to “Output level is fixed at 100%” the adjustment bar in the Radio disappears.
          Something is working, but nothing to hear!
          Obviously, I am doing something wrong in Squeezlite Settings in Audio output device settings? Or rather, I do not understand Audio output device settings.
          Thanks to help me.
          Last edited by 58hatschi43; 2024-02-19, 12:14.

Comment

• Sacaton
            • Sep 2022

I had same problem with our Touch. Everything was showing on the player screen but no sound. Running LMS through windows desktop. Make sure LMS player IP address is the same as the actual player IP address. I found that I had a choice of Squeezelight & Touch as player on LMS & they each had a different IP address. One was 01 & the other was 03. Match the actual player with the one listed on LMS. It's been working pretty well. Hopefully this end of month thing isn't a big deal.

Comment

• mherger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

58hatschi43 You better write to a piCorePlayer related thread, as you're not using a Squeezebox. People there usually figure out quickly why a setup doesn't work (most likely some misconfiguration of the sound card).
              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
              (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• slartibartfast
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mherger
                58hatschi43 You better write to a piCorePlayer related thread, as you're not using a Squeezebox. People there usually figure out quickly why a setup doesn't work (most likely some misconfiguration of the sound card).
                Are you sure? I got a vague impression they were using a Radio. Still not a Boom though 😀
                Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                Bedroom: Radio
                Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• Man in a van
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 58hatschi43
                  No sound coming from squeezebox.
                  My requirements: only listen to Radio. No music library.2 Squeezebox RadiosRaspberry PI B+ or Raspberry PI 3BpiCorePlayer8.2.0.img
                  I am not practiced in software.
                  piCorePlayer: Squeezlite and LMS is running.
                  Configure LMS> Logitech Media Server> Player> Audio> “Volume controls adjust outputs”.
                  The Radio is working. I can store different Radio stations. The cover picture changes with the different programs.
                  When I change the Volume Control to “Output level is fixed at 100%” the adjustment bar in the Radio disappears.
                  Something is working, but nothing to hear!
                  Obviously, I am doing something wrong in Squeezlite Settings in Audio output device settings? Or rather, I do not understand Audio output device settings.
                  Thanks to help me.

This is a most confusing post, would the OP please explain the set up more exactly

There is no option on a Squeezebox Radio to set the volume level to 100% other than on the Radio Controls themselves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Volume.png
Views:	113
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1678782

The volume control settings referred to in the post are for a squeezelite software player, which apparently, is on piCoreplayer but the OP does not say which Audio Output is being used

ronnie

Comment

• CJS
                    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Man in a van
                    This is a most confusing post, would the OP please explain the set up more exactly
                    There is no option on a Squeezebox Radio to set the volume level to 100% other than on the Radio Controls themselves.
                    The volume control settings referred to in the post are for a squeezelite software player, which apparently, is on piCoreplayer but the OP does not say which Audio Output is being used.
                    I don't think that58hatschi43 has a Squeezebox Radio. He is listening to radio stations, and for sure he has a pCP squeezelite player for which the volume control can be fixed to 100%. So I suppose that he is talking about the squeezelite player.

The sentence that is confusing is the following one:

I suspect that he does not mean SB Radio here, but that he says Radio while he means Player. 58hatschi43, can you confirm?

I suspect that something is wrong with the Squeezelite settings. 58hatschi43 , please tell us if you are using the Headphones output of the Pi itself, or if you have a DAC connected to your Pi? And also tell us which Audio output device you have selected on the pCP Squeezelite Settings page. Apart from selecting an audio output device in section "Audio output device settings", you may need to change the "Audio output" setting in section "Change Squeezelite settings".

If this is all about squeezelite settings in pCP, then it would be better to have this discussion in the Linux / Unix section of this forum.
                    Last edited by CJS; 2024-02-22, 11:25.
                    | LMS 8.5.1 on Linux Mint 21.3 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.2.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | ESP Muse Luxe |

Comment

• 58hatschi43
                      • Feb 2024

Thank you for all the answers. Two things I am sorry: language and technical understanding.

Because Logitech is switching of the services, I suppose I need an own server.(?)
                      That is the Raspberry with pCP squeezelite player installed.(?)
                      To listen to the Radio Programs, I have a Squeezebox Radio.

An that means, the sound comes out from the Squeezebox Radio loudspeaker, where else? I have no soundcard an do not use the Raspberry Headphones output of the Pi.

On Squeezebox Radio, the "Player” is selectable, Radio programs are found and storable, but nothing to here.

CJS: It means the Squeezebox Radio volume control bar: If I turn the knob, the "bar" at the display moves left and right, if I change the setting in "Logitech Media Server" to 100%, the bar in Squeezebox Radio disappears.

man in a van: This comment is completely unnecessary. "This is a most confusing post, would the OP please explain the set up more exactly".

That is what I am asking you how to setup! The screenshot what you send is a little bit different to mine, I have an additional adjustment for Audio: “tuneable? or 100%”.

Thank you for your help. Michael

Comment

• Paul Webster
                        • Apr 2005

Thank you for all the answers. Two things I am sorry: language and technical understanding.

Because Logitech is switching of the services, I suppose I need an own server.(?)
                        Squeezelite is not essential for your. setup.
                        However, if you do have it running then you can use it to send sound out from the Raspberry Pi to a locally attached HiFi/TV/powered speaker/Headphone (depending on RPi model).

An that means, the sound comes out from the Squeezebox Radio loudspeaker, where else? I have no soundcard an do not use the Raspberry Headphones output of the Pi.
                        Yes - the Squeezebox Radio will connect to your new LMS on the Raspberry Pi as a replacement for the my squeezebox.com service

On Squeezebox Radio, the "Player” is selectable, Radio programs are found and storable, but nothing to here.

On Squeezebox Radio - select My Music ... then it will switch to LMS.
                        Then the menus come from your local LMS ... so try the menu item for Radio and then some stations that you can find there.

CJS: It means the Squeezebox Radio volume control bar: If I turn the knob, the "bar" at the display moves left and right, if I change the setting in "Logitech Media Server" to 100%, the bar in Squeezebox Radio disappears.
                        I have not tried this - but often in LMS if you set to 100% it means that you want LMS to send the full signal and you will control the volume somewhere else further along the chain.
                        For example - if you had a line out/aux connection to a HiFi then you would control the volume at the HiFi not at LMS.
                        I doubt that you need this capability - so do not set to 100% in LMS. Then you can control the volume at LMS and at the SB Radio.

Paul Webster
                        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• slartibartfast
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Paul Webster
                          Squeezelite is not essential for your. setup.
                          However, if you do have it running then you can use it to send sound out from the Raspberry Pi to a locally attached HiFi/TV/powered speaker/Headphone (depending on RPi model).

Yes - the Squeezebox Radio will connect to your new LMS on the Raspberry Pi as a replacement for the my squeezebox.com service

On Squeezebox Radio - select My Music ... then it will switch to LMS.
                          Then the menus come from your local LMS ... so try the menu item for Radio and then some stations that you can find there.

I have not tried this - but often in LMS if you set to 100% it means that you want LMS to send the full signal and you will control the volume somewhere else further along the chain.
                          For example - if you had a line out/aux connection to a HiFi then you would control the volume at the HiFi not at LMS.
                          I doubt that you need this capability - so do not set to 100% in LMS. Then you can control the volume at LMS and at the SB Radio.
                          You can't fix the volume for a Squeezebox Radio to 100% in LMS settings though.
                          Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

• slartibartfast
                            • Jan 2010

man in a van: This comment is completely unnecessary. "This is a most confusing post, would the OP please explain the set up more exactly".

That is what I am asking you how to setup! The screenshot what you send is a little bit different to mine, I have an additional adjustment for Audio: “tuneable? or 100%”.

Thank you for your help. Michael
                            This post is still confusing. You say you have a Squeezebox Radio but the volume settings you talk about are not available for a Squeezebox Radio.

Comment

• kidstypike
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by slartibartfast

This post is still confusing. You say you have a Squeezebox Radio but the volume settings you talk about are not available for a Squeezebox Radio.
                              He's probably controlling another player with his Radio.

On the Radio > Settings > Choose Player, or Settings > Advanced > Choose Player. (not sure, no longer have a Radio). (And the Choose Player menu can be moved to the Home screen).
                              Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
                              Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
                              Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
                              Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

Working...