Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Question: Possible to stream from Touch via USB Bluetooth dongle?

Hi!
    I have a Squeezebox Touch and a Bluetooth-only speaker Harman Kardon Onyx Studio.
    I know the Touch doesn't have Bluetooth, but knowing one can plug in an USB DAC in the Touch USB port, it could maybe be possible to plug in an USB Bluetooth adapter into the Touch USB port and somehow pair it with the speaker?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
    Hi!
    I have a Squeezebox Touch and a Bluetooth-only speaker Harman Kardon Onyx Studio.
    I know the Touch doesn't have Bluetooth, but knowing one can plug in an USB DAC in the Touch USB port, it could maybe be possible to plug in an USB Bluetooth adapter into the Touch USB port and somehow pair it with the speaker?

Cheers
    Not possible without bluetooth drivers on the Touch - very difficult if not impossible. You could plug a bluetooth transmitter into the audio outputs - that should work.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like an idea. Preferably in the optical out
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
    Sounds like an idea. Preferably in the optical out
    Thanks!
    Overkill! Bluetooth audio is not the best ...
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------