Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

troubleshooting wifi

hello All,

since I replaced my wifi, I have problems with my Radio, and only with it.

The Radio disconnects randomly even if in 3m range from the HP wifi.

All other appliances work fine.

Is there a way to view the system log files?

SSH and Telnet ports are open.

I guess there should be a user/pwd combination to access the file system.

thanks for your advice,

-Gian
    Madamina, il catalogo Ŕ questo... town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), 2 Squeezelite bt on Raspi, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 18.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi Zero-w bt, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Jessie on Arm7

there is a setting to alow remote conection in the UI somewhere and the pasword is 1234 by default .

Btw is your new router autochaning wifi channels ? try not doing that .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Fing is a very hand app (for ios and android) for troubleshooting wifi problems, it will show everything on your network and if you ping a device the packet loss percentage is a good indication of the signal quality...was a big help in getting my picoreplayer working right, helped me determine I needed better wifi to the garage. Wifi Analyzer is helpful too for checking out signal strength and determining the least crowded channel. Both are free...

Name:  screen568x568.jpeg
Views: 191
Size:  48.7 KB

Name:  e3ded714f6bf981a86a325cf4010ef6a.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  62.7 KB

thanks Mnyb and Bluto99,

I got it, can ssh the Radio now.

I thought that being able to switch channel was a good feature, do you suggest to avoid it?
    BTW, I checked and it's not on Auto, it's fixed on channel 5.

-G
    Madamina, il catalogo Ŕ questo... town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), 2 Squeezelite bt on Raspi, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 18.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi Zero-w bt, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Jessie on Arm7

Quote Originally Posted by gian View Post
    thanks Mnyb and Bluto99,

I got it, can ssh the Radio now.

I thought that being able to switch channel was a good feature, do you suggest to avoid it?
    BTW, I checked and it's not on Auto, it's fixed on channel 5.

-G
    That's good use 1 , 6 or 11 are you living in a region where ch 12-13 is an option ? That does not really work with Radio so better keep it to 1-11 range . Radio is not good at roaming so maybe even avoiding ch switching is good .

There are some tools for laptops to like vistumbler etc . Use the least congested channel you can find .

In general turn of wireless B capability squeezeboxes are 2.4gHz G devices ( they don't do N ) there is no problem using N or AC routers just make sure the squeezebox uses the 2.4gHz G ssid .

If it's a router setting problem can you tell us more about the router and you network is there any AP's and extenders involved ? Remember radio don't roam well so if it hooked itself up to one access piont it does not switch to another reliably if you move it around .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html