Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't figure out why Logitech can't find a solution to this

Almost every day, my Squeezebox radio stops working. It is necessary to restart the PC running the media server to get it running again. It consistently has the same error message in the log file which I have sent to Logitech on three occasions. They have had me reload their software every time I ask for a fix and then just stop replying to my question. Instead, they send me form messages asking me if it is fixed. Can anyone out there help me with this one. Here is the message:
    [15-06-26 17:59:50.0915] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (334) Unable to get players from SN: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor, retrying in 600 seconds
    [15-06-27 02:35:38.0222] Slim::Networking:iscovery::Players::_players_error (146) Unable to get players: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
    [15-06-27 02:35:53.1486] Slim::Utils::Timers::__ANON__ (273) Error: Timer Slim::Plugin::UPnP:iscovery::__ANON__ failed:
    Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition FailedSlim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe
    I'm about to throw the box out the window and give up on the idea of having an internet radio that can also play music in my iTunes library. I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.

Use LMS 7.8.1
    With older versions it's a known issue with the DNS entry for MySqueezebox.com getting lost whenever your router refreshes the DNS table
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Use LMS 7.8.1
    With older versions it's a known issue with the DNS entry for MySqueezebox.com getting lost whenever your router refreshes the DNS table
    I did manage to get the server upgraded to 7.8.1. This morning, the Squeezebox radio would not connect again, but this time there was no error in the server log. Did a full start on the radio and it managed to connect on the third request to do so. I noted that the radio still said it was still running 7.7.3, so I did a software update on it which appeared to process normally. However, when I checked the version on the radio, it still says it is running 7.7.3.

I am very grateful for your help and can live with the present state of things. If I can restart the connect to my music three times and it works, this is a great improvement over having to go down two flights of steps to restart my computer.

I am curious though, how do you upgrade the software on the radio itself to a more current version?

Jim

Even on LMS 7.9. the firmware of the radio is 7.7.3. so it looks like there is no other firmware.

Yes, als HB64 writes, 7.7.3 is the correct firmware.
    The reconnect issue could be related to the WiFi network stability, I'm seeing something like that in one of my Radios, too, that has a bit of a weak WiFi connection. It's usually OK throughout the day but sometimes loses the connection to the server overnight
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Thank you both. I originally had the radio set to connect to the Netgear extender which is closer to it and has a very strong signal. I should see if it has somehow started connecting to the primary router which has a very weak signal by the radio.

Guess my problem is a long way from resolving. Once again this morning the server log had page after page of this same error: "Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::error (323) Subscribe/unsubscribe error: 412 Precondition Failed"

Any thoughts?

Do you need/use UPnP? If not, just turn off that Plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Do you need/use UPnP? If not, just turn off that Plugin.
    To tell you the truth, I know so little about the Squeezebox that 1) I don't know if I need it or not, and, 2) how I would turn it off.

I use it to listen to internet radio and my iTunes music stored on my PC.

What is the plugin used for?

Quote Originally Posted by jimfarrington View Post
    To tell you the truth, I know so little about the Squeezebox that 1) I don't know if I need it or not, and, 2) how I would turn it off.

I use it to listen to internet radio and my iTunes music stored on my PC.

What is the plugin used for?
    yes. turn off (unselect) the UPNP plugin. You don't need it for anything you're doing (most people don't need it by the way). In LMS on your webGUI, go to SETTINGS (lower right side of screen), then select the Plugin tab, then untick the UpNp/DLNA media interface plugin. Then hit appy an will ask to restart LMS. Say yes.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify