Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilT View Post
    unfortunately I don't know how to turn off wireless and it's hard to tell whether the current connection is wired or wireless, so it's possible that it had switched to the wireless connection.
    Apparently pluging in an ethernet cable turns off the wireless (from http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post365281). I'm not sure if this is correct as I can select to connect to the wireless or ethernet network during setup, but if it is then rebuffering for me happens whether the Boom is connected wired or wireless.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by NeilT View Post
    Apparently pluging in an ethernet cable turns off the wireless (from http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post365281). I'm not sure if this is correct as I can select to connect to the wireless or ethernet network during setup, but if it is then rebuffering for me happens whether the Boom is connected wired or wireless.

Neil
    NO - To use Ethernet cable networking you must select it from the firmware network setup menu. The above post is talking about turning off wifi signal once you have cable ethernet networking connected. Plugging in a network cable DOES not automatically change Boom from using Wireless networking.

To change networking go back into firmware menu by pressing and holding cursor left "<-" on remote or button. You will enter the Firmeware menyu - scroll up/down until you find the network setup

Yes, I selected ethernet connection during setup, I just wondered if there was a way that it could have switched back to wireless by itself.