Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

I have to say it

The Squeezebox Radio is the best! It's portability makes it so convenient to have music at places where my system will not go. I'm on the front porch enjoying the day and I'm sitting here with Frank singing the favorites. What can I say but I'm very fortunate. I definitely appreciate this mood I am in and a large part of it is due to my SBRADIO. Why'd they stop making it? It's the best. I just had to say it and get it out! Thanks.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    The Squeezebox Radio is the best! It's portability makes it so convenient to have music at places where my system will not go. I'm on the front porch enjoying the day and I'm sitting here with Frank singing the favorites. What can I say but I'm very fortunate. I definitely appreciate this mood I am in and a large part of it is due to my SBRADIO. Why'd they stop making it? It's the best. I just had to say it and get it out! Thanks.
    I have to agree! I just nabbed four more to replace older players so I can keep on using Rhapsody. They fit my lifestyle perfectly!
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

They're great when they and/or the Logitech Squeezebox server isn't acting flaky.

^ Yeah, my server (7.9 Win) never acts flaky. Don't jump to blame your Squeezeboxes or LMS if you're having problems. Most issues I see in this forum are network-related or a result of running the server on too small a CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    ^ Yeah, my server (7.9 Win) never acts flaky. Don't jump to blame your Squeezeboxes or LMS if you're having problems. Most issues I see in this forum are network-related or a result of running the server on too small a CPU.
    +1

LMS on Vortexbox is extremely stable. Had it running for years without any problems.
    SB Touch optical to Hegel H90, Speakers Larsen 4.2
    Spare SB3
    AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro A10
    Squeezelite-x connected to home LMS with Neorouter.
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng

Agreed...

I love all of my SB's, but the Radio gets used a ton in the summer outside. You're all going to think I'm nuts, but I use 7.7.2. Has everything I need, is very stable and I run it on a dedicated box with nothing else on it. No virus protection, nada. I use an old dual core processor and 4GB of RAM of which 2 is assigned to a RAM drive that has SBS loaded on it. Everything else sits on a SSD except the music files.I have 8 SB's running on it and never have an issue.

It's too bad that someone can't keep this whole SB thing going. I keep looking at what else is out there and I don't see anything near as interesting or versatile. Plus, prices on anything approaching the Transporter are crazy.

It will be a very sad day when these things start to fail.

Howard

You may have just convinced me to finally get the battery pack for the Radio. The kid's been clamoring for something to bring out to her clubhouse. This would be perfect use for one of the extra Radios we have around the house! Hopefully my new expensive wi-fi router can reach that far into the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
    You may have just convinced me to finally get the battery pack for the Radio. The kid's been clamoring for something to bring out to her clubhouse. This would be perfect use for one of the extra Radios we have around the house! Hopefully my new expensive wi-fi router can reach that far into the backyard...
    If your new router does not reach where you'd like, check out a wifi extender. It's what has allowed my signal to reach into my yard and beyond.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.