Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jh901 View Post
    You are a grown man who is apparently so determined to be "right" that you rely nearly exclusively on logical fallacy. Copper isn't just copper. First of all, there is the purity. Second, the gauge. More importantly, however, is that no one is debating the sound of strands of copper. Speaker cable designs have unique geometries and they certainly have unique dielectrics. So, no informed audiophile is on the other side of this argument. If all copper based speaker cables sound the same in a given audio system irrespective of any variations in design, then the problem is with the system components or set-up. Finally, non-audiophiles who dismiss speaker cables as all delivering the same fidelity are also implying that all silver and copper designs will deliver the same result.

I would not expect a non-hobbyist to care about these things. Radio Shack zip cord, hit play, hear sound. Done.

It would be nice if this forum could be transformed into something productive.
    I want whatever drugs you are taking since I haven't been that detached from reality since my last LSD trip back in the 1970s.

By the way you still have not answered my simple question about fire sprinkler systems. And please understand that I have no intention of trying to embarrass you, I simply would like to prove my point about misinformation.
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    huh? Archimago does extensive, careful tests, with well documented procedures, available at his blog for the world to see (and further evaluate). We need a lot more people like Archimago in the audio hobby.
    I responded appropriately to his false logic. No one is debating the merits of one identical strand of copper to another. Nearly everyone here is sad. I feel badly for you guys. I don't understand what has gone wrong that you get such great pleasure from spewing uniformed bs and insulting anyone who tries to engage in intellectually honest discussion.
    Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
    __Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for speaker & sweet spot position
    __Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series power cords and power conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    I want whatever drugs you are taking since I haven't been that detached from reality since my last LSD trip back in the 1970s.
    Ralph, let's be honest. Somewhere deep inside you know that something is not right with you. Take a step back. Get some sleep. I take this hobby seriously. I derive great satisfaction from it. I do not part with money unless I'm informed as to what I'm spending it on.

It's time for you to be called out. Think about it. Do you want to let it go now and get this forum turned around?
    Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
    __Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for speaker & sweet spot position
    __Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series power cords and power conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    huh? Archimago does extensive, careful tests, with well documented procedures, available at his blog for the world to see (and further evaluate). We need a lot more people like Archimago in the audio hobby.
    I responded appropriately to his false logic. No one is debating the merits of one identical strand of copper to another. Nearly everyone here is sad. I feel badly for you guys. I don't understand what has gone wrong that you get such great pleasure from spewing uniformed bs and insulting anyone who tries to engage in intellectually honest discussion.
    Wow. I've made two comments on this thread. One comment that we should keep the forum open (and if someone doesn't like it they are not forced to read it, that is, none of us is 'in control' of this forum) and two, a response (above) that Archimago doesn't deserve your comment because he backs up his thoughts with actual hard work and verifiable/repeatable analyses that helps us answer good questions with actual testing.

And that makes me a sad spewer of uniformed bs? <shrug>
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Ralph, let's be honest. Somewhere deep inside you know that something is not right with you. Take a step back. Get some sleep. I take this hobby seriously. I derive great satisfaction from it. I do not part with money unless I'm informed as to what I'm spending it on.

It's time for you to be called out. Think about it. Do you want to let it go now and get this forum turned around?
    Please if you take this hobby seriously then why on earth do you so willingly and without question take all the nonsense being spewed from the various high end audio magazines, web sites and marketing departments as high holy truths?

The print publishing world is slowly dying and will do just about anything to stay alive and yet you still believe that these clowns are telling the truth.

Salesmanship and marketing are all about making people believe that your product is better than the other guys but yet you still believe these clowns are telling the truth.

And each of the above cases you still believe their lies even when what they are saying runs directly counter to all known scientific facts and truths.

Add to this the ever present numbers game being played in high end audio. MP3 and redbook CD are BAD because their numbers don't compare with those of high resolution audio but analog, as in the turntables you so love, which has numbers (measurements) which are way worse in every possible way than even those of redbook CD is considered to be the holy grail of audio. And I haven't even mentioned vacuum tubes. You can't have it both ways unless, of course, you're being dishonest about one or the other or both.
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Last.fm

Please if you take this hobby seriously then why on earth do you so willingly and without question take all the nonsense being spewed from the various high end audio magazines, web sites and marketing departments as high holy truths?
    We all see what you did here. I mean, you aren't inventing new internet debate tactics. Try again.

And I haven't even mentioned vacuum tubes.
    Yeah, I bet you could go on for 30 seconds on everything you learned about circuit design 30 years ago in that one EE101 course. It's like, because there are transistors, then there can't be circuits designed any other way. LOL. And you could also maybe go off on a rant against tube rectified power supplies. You built a power supply that one time.

We all see what you did here. I mean, you aren't inventing new internet debate tactics. Try again.
    I'm not debating with you since that would be pointless and unfair.

Yeah, I bet you could go on for 30 seconds on everything you learned about circuit design 30 years ago in that one EE101 course. It's like, because there are transistors, then there can't be circuits designed any other way. LOL. And you could also maybe go off on a rant against tube rectified power supplies. You built a power supply that one time.
    Vacuum tubes have a place in the world but that place is no longer in the world of audio equipment. Enough said.
    Last.fm

Vacuum tubes have a place in the world but that place is no longer in the world of audio equipment. Enough said.
    Actually, you didn't say anything worthy of posting in public for all to read. You have no background in amplification circuit design. You can only get away with this sort of declaration for so long until you are called out. Let's turn this ship around, Ralph. You don't need to be humiliated. Change the tone here on your own.

Actually, you didn't say anything worthy of posting in public for all to read. You have no background in amplification circuit design. You can only get away with this sort of declaration for so long until you are called out. Let's turn this ship around, Ralph. You don't need to be humiliated. Change the tone here on your own.
    Numbers, numbers, numbers - vacuum tube power amplifiers measure much worse in just about every possible way than properly designed, modern solid state power amplifiers. But as I stated previously in the high end audio world numbers can mean whatever you want them to mean and can be used to both win or lose an argument. But then again, measurements are facts and facts have no place in high end audio and no meaning to audiophiles.
    Last.fm