Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Is anybody sick of the recent spate of threads?

I haven't been a frequenter of this forum for a while - only just participated in it after a long hiatus but I notice a rash of posts from a core group of posters who seem to want to embarrass & denigrate anybody who posts their sonic impressions. There are many times when people are wrong about their impressions but there is a gentle way of teasing out these possible wrong impressions.

I find the recent posts & threads that have been started are mostly from a group of people who are only interested in displaying their self-deluded scientific superiority by putting down anybody who posts sonic impressions.

Is this sort of treatment what you want to see happening in this part of the forum? Speak up now or close this section & be done with it!

Quote Originally Posted by jkeny View Post
    I haven't been a frequenter of this forum for a while - only just participated in it after a long hiatus but I notice a rash of posts from a core group of posters who seem to want to embarrass & denigrate anybody who posts their sonic impressions. There are many times when people are wrong about their impressions but there is a gentle way of teasing out these possible wrong impressions.

I find the recent posts & threads that have been started are mostly from a group of people who are only interested in displaying their self-deluded scientific superiority by putting down anybody who posts sonic impressions.

Is this sort of treatment what you want to see happening in this part of the forum? Speak up now or close this section & be done with it!
    I frankly don't care who says what about what is obviously an esoteric and subjective topic .... carry on wasting bandwidth!
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed! But why not close this section? Does it serve any purpose other than bandwidth wastage?

Is anybody sick of the recent spate of threads?

Tip: Just add people to your ignore list.

Indeed! But why not close this section? Does it serve any purpose other than bandwidth wastage?
    That's exactly how I feel.

These people should go post in the Hydrogen Audio forums. Where everyone knows everything sounds the same.

This forum should have been closed a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    That's exactly how I feel.

These people should go post in the Hydrogen Audio forums. Where everyone knows everything sounds the same.

This forum should have been closed a long time ago.
    Surely for every Hydrogen Audio, there are more AudioAsylum-like forums to hang out at... So long as folks find it interesting and enjoy the chat, what's it matter to you whether the place exists?

Who here believes and "know everything sounds the same"?
    Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective' audiophile blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimago View Post
    Surely for every Hydrogen Audio, there are more AudioAsylum-like forums to hang out at... So long as folks find it interesting and enjoy the chat, what's it matter to you whether the place exists?

Who here believes and "know everything sounds the same"?
    Name:  Corbis-42-26457712.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  76.0 KB
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Sadly, it should be closed. No moderation and even adults behave as teens. I do hope that there aren't any other hobbies where people carry on with such hate and disrespect.
    Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
    __Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for speaker & sweet spot position
    __Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series power cords and power conditioning

One thing you should consider. This Audiophile section was not here from the beginning. Before there were many threads and subforums hijacked by topics you now find here.
    The Slimdevices staff was nerved by nonsense audiophile daydreams only disturbing the real existing problems of getting further with the products and software in other subforums.
    So this section was craeted as kind of cuckoo's nest. Since there was no subforum for the Transporter you will find several Transporter owners posting here also.
    I guess i remember this right. So if you really love serious outer space feeling you may join CA.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    One thing you should consider. This Audiophile section was not here from the beginning. Before there were many threads and subforums hijacked by topics you now find here.
    The Slimdevices staff was nerved by nonsense audiophile daydreams only disturbing the real existing problems of getting further with the products and software in other subforums.
    So this section was craeted as kind of cuckoo's nest. Since there was no subforum for the Transporter you will find several Transporter owners posting here also.
    I guess i remember this right. So if you really love serious outer space feeling you may join CA.
    Ah, I see. So now it has outlived it's use & is just a subforum for the disaffected & disillusioned.
    And yet, did I see Sean Adams posting in this section with measurements of the transporter which he stated had relevance to audibility & which you linked to? And yet their relevance to audibility was what again, Wombat?

Guess nobody knows what this sub section is about!