Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Is anybody sick of the recent spate of threads?

I haven't been a frequenter of this forum for a while - only just participated in it after a long hiatus but I notice a rash of posts from a core group of posters who seem to want to embarrass & denigrate anybody who posts their sonic impressions. There are many times when people are wrong about their impressions but there is a gentle way of teasing out these possible wrong impressions.

I find the recent posts & threads that have been started are mostly from a group of people who are only interested in displaying their self-deluded scientific superiority by putting down anybody who posts sonic impressions.

Is this sort of treatment what you want to see happening in this part of the forum? Speak up now or close this section & be done with it!

Quote Originally Posted by jkeny View Post
    I haven't been a frequenter of this forum for a while - only just participated in it after a long hiatus but I notice a rash of posts from a core group of posters who seem to want to embarrass & denigrate anybody who posts their sonic impressions. There are many times when people are wrong about their impressions but there is a gentle way of teasing out these possible wrong impressions.

I find the recent posts & threads that have been started are mostly from a group of people who are only interested in displaying their self-deluded scientific superiority by putting down anybody who posts sonic impressions.

Is this sort of treatment what you want to see happening in this part of the forum? Speak up now or close this section & be done with it!
    I frankly don't care who says what about what is obviously an esoteric and subjective topic .... carry on wasting bandwidth!
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed! But why not close this section? Does it serve any purpose other than bandwidth wastage?

Is anybody sick of the recent spate of threads?

Tip: Just add people to your ignore list.

Sadly, it should be closed. No moderation and even adults behave as teens. I do hope that there aren't any other hobbies where people carry on with such hate and disrespect.
    Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
    __Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for speaker & sweet spot position
    __Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series power cords and power conditioning

One thing you should consider. This Audiophile section was not here from the beginning. Before there were many threads and subforums hijacked by topics you now find here.
    The Slimdevices staff was nerved by nonsense audiophile daydreams only disturbing the real existing problems of getting further with the products and software in other subforums.
    So this section was craeted as kind of cuckoo's nest. Since there was no subforum for the Transporter you will find several Transporter owners posting here also.
    I guess i remember this right. So if you really love serious outer space feeling you may join CA.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    One thing you should consider. This Audiophile section was not here from the beginning. Before there were many threads and subforums hijacked by topics you now find here.
    The Slimdevices staff was nerved by nonsense audiophile daydreams only disturbing the real existing problems of getting further with the products and software in other subforums.
    So this section was craeted as kind of cuckoo's nest. Since there was no subforum for the Transporter you will find several Transporter owners posting here also.
    I guess i remember this right. So if you really love serious outer space feeling you may join CA.
    Ah, I see. So now it has outlived it's use & is just a subforum for the disaffected & disillusioned.
    And yet, did I see Sean Adams posting in this section with measurements of the transporter which he stated had relevance to audibility & which you linked to? And yet their relevance to audibility was what again, Wombat?

Guess nobody knows what this sub section is about!

I check these forums several times every day. Why, because I love the Squeezeboxes I have.

As an older person, I believe that one's ability to hear diminishes over time. I also believe that there are limits to what equipment can do to project better sound quality. That along w the law of diminishing returns makes some of the products that people talk about here just this side of silly. I therefore tend to not read many of the Audiophile postings.

While the main focus of these forums has always been about Squeezebox equipment, software and due to them no longer being produced alternate systems, we also have threads/forums sections on music, equipment etc. We all can make the decision to read whatever we wish to here and to ignore what we want as well. If the subject is controversial there will be differentiating opinions and we should be aware that they will be voiced on both sides. To do otherwise would not be in the best interest of true discussion/debate. In that context there will always be people with different agendas whether they be ones we support or not. People get angry about things w the LMS software that they do not like and should be able to also criticize the evaluation of audio equipment that people speak about. The purpose of a forum is for the discussion and exchange of ideas, without varying opinions it is worthless.

It has been far worse remember the toolbox treads or the ones where the sonic merits of server OS was discussed .

But lately the surfacing of people driving decades long personal conflicts in the treads and barely keeping track of the subject ( it does not seem important at all ) it has destroyed several treads lately
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Indeed! But why not close this section? Does it serve any purpose other than bandwidth wastage?
    That's exactly how I feel.

These people should go post in the Hydrogen Audio forums. Where everyone knows everything sounds the same.

This forum should have been closed a long time ago.