Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Walk with me

Quote Originally Posted by chrober View Post
    I would appreciate a possibility to "swap" playlists between two players.

In particular I am thinking of a third option like "Swap playlist with..." (in addition to "Continue playback on..." and "Grab playback from...").
    This would be a great benefit. (At least for me... It happens quite often my kids want to continue listening their audiobooks in the exact room where I am just listening to what they call "daddy music" ).

You can achieve a "swap" if you have a third player to act as a temporary place to put a playlist - it doesn't need to be connected to anything soundwise so could be on LMS
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    You can achieve a "swap" if you have a third player to act as a temporary place to put a playlist - it doesn't need to be connected to anything soundwise so could be on LMS
    Swap is a good idea for the MediaServer skill. I don’t need a 3rd player to park as I can just save the playlist to a temp file and reload it. I’ll put it on my list.

EDIT: Done. It'll be available in the skill after the next certification round as voice model changes were needed.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 2021-02-04 at 12:43.

Transpose now available in MediaServer Alexa skill

It's now live after Amazon certified the voice-model changes. The new command goes by the keyword 'transpose'.

When you say "Alexa, transpose Kitchen and Library players" the now-playing playlist queue/timestamp and player-volume levels are swapped between the players in question.