Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 51 of 324 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Thank you, working again! :-)

Pioneer XW-SMA - issues

I have obtained a Pioneer XW-SMA1

I set this up using the existing XW-SMA profile - which sort of works, up to a point!

First, the Pioneer appears in the squeezebox player list - I choose an album to play. This plays a maximum of 3 songs then stops.

At the point at which it stops, a second instance of the Pioneer appears in the player list (displayed on a Touch).

I select this 'new' player - the album then plays through all songs.

Any ideas?

ps: the 2 Pioneer players stay listed in the Touch (even when the unit is disconnected from the network)

Update: a third instance of the Pioneer is now listed - instance 2 stopped at track 6 !!!
    Last edited by castalla; 2015-11-12 at 13:31.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post

I set this up using the existing XW-SMA profile - which sort of works, up to a point!

First, the Pioneer appears in the squeezebox player list - I choose an album to play. This plays a maximum of 3 songs then stops.

At the point at which it stops, a second instance of the Pioneer appears in the player list (displayed on a Touch).

Any ideas?

ps: the 2 Pioneer players stay listed in the Touch (even when the unit is disconnected from the network)

Update: a third instance of the Pioneer is now listed - instance 2 stopped at track 6 !!!
    You use sq2u for your Sonos as well, correct ?

[edit]: do you have more than one LMS server active ?
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2015-11-12 at 16:06.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post

Any ideas?

Do you have the LMS plugin "UPnP/DLNA Media Interface" running? If so, try renaming the renderer in the sq2u settings page. I had 2 instances of my renderers until I did this.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    Do you have the LMS plugin "UPnP/DLNA Media Interface" running? If so, try renaming the renderer in the sq2u settings page. I had 2 instances of my renderers until I did this.
    I have to find this one. Normally, sq2u detects such "infinite loop" :

1- sq2u detects a UPnP player and creates a new LMS player
    2- Andy's plugin detects a new LMS players and creates a new UPnP player
    3- sq2u detects a new UPnP player and creates a new LMS player
    ... and so on

There is a condition to detect that a UPnP player is from Andy's plugin. So either it does not work (it works on my 7.7.x and 7.9.x) or there is something else ...

@castalla: the player stops after 3 or N songs because, when LMS detects a new player (a search happens every 30s, but the 'fake' player creation can happen with a different timing), it stops it first and because this is physically the same player detected twice, then anything currently playing stops ...
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Thanks for the replies.

Some progress: I renamed the renderer .... this seemed to work, but after a hour or so, a 2nd player popped up.

I then added the disable upnp scan parameter. This seems to have stopped the multiple players problem.

I don't have Andy's plugin enabled.

I'll continue testing ....

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had some success using the bridge with the XW-SMA .... that's with scan turned off.

However, this isn't really too useful as other players (eg. Sonos) don't appear when switched on ...

Hope there's a solution somewhere.

Can you re-activate the periodic scan and take a log ? Don't play anything on any player, just wait for the double detection to happen and then copy/paste the log

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Can you re-activate the periodic scan and take a log ? Don't play anything on any player, just wait for the double detection to happen and then copy/paste the log
    Is the scan setting value 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Here's the log -