Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 316 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Philippe,

Is there a way to remove a device from the xml file via the web interface or do I have to edit the xml file manually?

I added a WiFi adapter to my Moode RasPi. This changes the MAC address and now the player was listed twice in the web interface with the same name but different MAC addresses. To distinguish between the Ethernet and WiFi version I added WiFi to the UPnP name in Moode. This created a new instance of the player in sq2u with a new UUID. Then I disabled both the Ethernet and 'old' WiFi player in sq2u. I now had three Moode players in the xml file, two disabled and one enabled. I couldn't get the 'new' Moode player working; LMS didn't show the Moode player so I couldn't select it as a destination.

I had to stop sq2u and manually edit and remove all three instances of Moode from the xml file and do a rescan to get playback working again.

Name:  2015-06-08 19_42_59-Server Settings.png
Views: 891
Size:  17.8 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kolossos4730 View Post
    Philippe,

Is there a way to remove a device from the xml file via the web interface or do I have to edit the xml file manually?

I added a WiFi adapter to my Moode RasPi. This changes the MAC address and now the player was listed twice in the web interface with the same name but different MAC addresses. To distinguish between the Ethernet and WiFi version I added WiFi to the UPnP name in Moode. This created a new instance of the player in sq2u with a new UUID. Then I disabled both the Ethernet and 'old' WiFi player in sq2u. I now had three Moode players in the xml file, two disabled and one enabled. I couldn't get the 'new' Moode player working; LMS didn't show the Moode player so I couldn't select it as a destination.

I had to stop sq2u and manually edit and remove all three instances of Moode from the xml file and do a rescan to get playback working again.
    Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but can't you rename them in sq2u? I had a similar problem having the LMS DLNA Server running - my devices were listed twice.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but can't you rename them in sq2u? I had a similar problem having the LMS DLNA Server running - my devices were listed twice.
    You are right. Totally overlooked this I did it the difficult way

But even with two different names I think sq2upnp gets confused with double entries with the same MAC address where one is disabled and the other enabled. An option in the web interface to remove a device from the xml file would be a nice addition.
    Last edited by kolossos4730; 2015-06-08 at 12:34.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Thank you. Another thing: do you know a UPnP control point that works with (eg) Qobuz and the same files (does minimserver or bubbleupnp works for you) ? I you find one, do you know how to take wireshark traces of the exchanges ? No need to analyze them, I will do that, but if there is one example working, I could see what they do. I searched a bit around minimserver and they had the same problem a while ago but they solved the way I did it (I mean many players were not pausing properly, now most do, it was about setting some flags that should not be really set for flac, but we all did and it worked ... expect in my case for a few players)
    I am not aware of any uPnP control point that works with Qobuz and I thought that Minimserver works only with local files although you can use Minimstreamer to stream radio stations. I tried BubbleuPnP before Naim introduced their Android app but found it wasn't consistently reliable though I think the latest versions work a lot better. That's why Sq2u is so good because it marries the flexibility and usability of LMS with uPnP!

[edit]: I've re-read and re-read the DLNA spec and there are 2 options that might be tested. You must be sure that 'LMS seeks on resume' (= seek_after_pause set to 0 in XML file) is disabled for a valid test. They are variants of the DLNA configuration that I don't think would make a difference, but things seems to be a bit unclear (at least for me) when flac is concerned. I think you are using Windows, so here they are (must either be renamed squeeze2upnp-win.exe and put in the plugin Bin directory, or manually started from anywhere with a good configuration file). Sorry to ask for all these tests, I would gladly make them if I had the right equiment

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-win_00217.exe
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-win_00017.exe

for info, there are 2 option for DLNA players to manage 'pause'

1- by keeping the TCP connection open but 'stalling' it until resume requested
    2- by closing the TCP connection and upon resume, by re-opening a new one and asking the server to 'seek' to a given byte (or time) position

The server informs the player what it supports and by default I support both 1- and 2- (byte only, not time) but it seems that it might be a better idea to only do 1-, so the _00017 version does that (the _00217 version is a variant with a reduced byte seek authorization). It seems that the Uniti first stalls the connection, but then upon resume it closes it and then re-opens a new one starting at seek '0'
    I carried out a series of tests on both variants with local and Qobuz files, and "LMS seeks on resume" set to "no" but had a sense of deja vu as the results were pretty much the same as when we carried them out before although track 1 on test 1 of 00017 did pause and re-start correctly but every other track re-started from the beginning.

Logs are attached for info.

The reason why I do not recommend this mode is that the repositionning is the memorized position +/- 1 second, so this is not perfect
    I agree with PasTim. A second or so either side of the pause point is not as important as having a pause that works.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinPosset View Post
    I am not aware of any uPnP control point that works with Qobuz and I thought that Minimserver works only with local files although you can use Minimstreamer to stream radio stations. I tried BubbleuPnP before Naim introduced their Android app but found it wasn't consistently reliable though I think the latest versions work a lot better. That's why Sq2u is so good because it marries the flexibility and usability of LMS with uPnP!

I carried out a series of tests on both variants with local and Qobuz files, and "LMS seeks on resume" set to "no" but had a sense of deja vu as the results were pretty much the same as when we carried them out before although track 1 on test 1 of 00017 did pause and re-start correctly but every other track re-started from the beginning.

Logs are attached for info.
    Lots of tests, thanks - One thing I'm wondering: the 1st track worked because there was no "next track" loaded yet when you did the pause and that's giving me a good indication. I'm wondering if the issue does not happen when the pause is requested after all the data of the current track have been buffered by the player (and maybe also when there is a second track that has started to be buffered). To test that requires to have only 1 track in the play list and pause at the very beginning and then pause after a while (that 'while' is after the "sq_read:693 [004BDB58]: read (end of track)" log if you have an eye on the logfile)
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Lots of tests, thanks - One thing I'm wondering: the 1st track worked because there was no "next track" loaded yet when you did the pause and that's giving me a good indication. I'm wondering if the issue does not happen when the pause is requested after all the data of the current track have been buffered by the player (and maybe also when there is a second track that has started to be buffered). To test that requires to have only 1 track in the play list and pause at the very beginning and then pause after a while (that 'while' is after the "sq_read:693 [004BDB58]: read (end of track)" log if you have an eye on the logfile)
    Two more test carried out with one large 24bit 192k file in the playlist. Not able to observe the logfiles during testing but paused a couple of seconds into the track then re-started. Both versions re-started from the beginning. After letting the track run for a while re-paused but on unpause the track starts from the beginning.
    I did notice that if I nudge the time bar, pause and unpause will work but I wasn't sure if it re-starts from the correct place. It definitely puts the LMS time bar out of sync with the track for when the track ends the time bar hasn't.

As mentioned in an earlier post, if the only consequence of setting "LMS seeks on resume" to "on" is a +/- 1 sec difference, I for one would accept that as more than acceptable.
    Last edited by PaulinPosset; 2015-06-08 at 15:04. Reason: changed wording in last paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinPosset View Post
    Two more test carried out with one large 24bit 192k file in the playlist. Not able to observe the logfiles during testing but paused a couple of seconds into the track then re-started. Both versions re-started from the beginning. After letting the track run for a while re-paused but on unpause the track starts from the beginning.
    I did notice that if I nudge the time bar, pause and unpause will work but I wasn't sure if it re-starts from the correct place. It definitely puts the LMS time bar out of sync with the track for when the track ends the time bar hasn't.

As mentioned in an earlier post, if the only consequence of setting "LMS seeks on resume" to "on" is a +/- 1 sec difference, I for one would accept that as more than acceptable.
    When changing timebar while pausing, and upon resume, LMS sends a new file, as if it was a new track, so in fact the 'pause' mechanism is not used. This is this "strange" thing that LMS does where it never tells the player to 'seek' somewhere when you re-position in a track, but instead sends a new file that starts at the repositionned time.

The limitation of 'LMS seeks on resume' is that it does not work if you use a password in LMS (and I have to admit that I'm very stubborn so I like to find the cause of problems ). Just to make sure again, the pause problem does not happen for you when you use pcm or mp3 ? only for flac ?

Thanks for the tests, again. I won't ask for more unless I have a brilliant idea, which does not seem to be willing to happen soon
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2015-06-08 at 20:47.
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by kolossos4730 View Post
    You are right. Totally overlooked this I did it the difficult way

But even with two different names I think sq2upnp gets confused with double entries with the same MAC address where one is disabled and the other enabled. An option in the web interface to remove a device from the xml file would be a nice addition.
    Done - will be in next dev (just waiting for a few feedback before pushing it)

Quote Originally Posted by scintilla View Post
    I will load the plugin and run it with some logging tomorrow. Sorry for delay am working this weekend.
    Any luck ?