Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 350 of 358 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 3577
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I had discussions with another user for DSD-128/256 support which required to have higher sampling rate enabled and that's mainly what this change did. I'm not super familiar with DSD, but I guess it's an issue around the default max sampling rate that is now higher and that means LMS is not forcing some transcoding that is used to do before (flac or wav encapsulation of your DSD files - again I've never looked at that precisely but I know there are a few options wrt DSD/DoP etc...)
    I may have misunderstood the change but what is the max sampling rate now? Is it irrelevant for Roon only (no LMS server)?
    Last edited by rlw6534; 2021-09-30 at 10:33.

Quote Originally Posted by rlw6534 View Post
    I may have misunderstood the change but what is the max sampling rate now? Is it irrelevant for Roon only (no LMS server)?
    768k - the PR is not in LMS. In SqueezePlay.pm

Code:
    sub pcm_sample_rates {
    	my $client = shift;
    	my $track = shift;

# extend rate lookup table to allow for up to 384k playback with 3rd party kernels and squeezeplay desktop
    	# note: higher rates only used if supported by MaxSampleRate returned by player
    	my %pcm_sample_rates = (
    		  8000 => '5',
    	 	 11025 => '0',
    		 12000 => '6',
    		 22050 => '1',
    		 24000 => '8',
    		 32000 => '2',
    		 44100 => '3',
    		 48000 => '4',
    		 16000 => '7',
    		 88200 => ':',
    		 96000 => '9',
    		176400 => ';',
    		192000 => '<',
    		352800 => '=',
    		384000 => '>',
    		705600 => '?',		# should not conflict with '?' rate for self-describing formats
    		768000 => '@',
    	);
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I understand that this plugin is enabling to connect wifi streaming loudspeakers with LMS.
    My question is whether certain speakers do better integrate than others? Is there a kind of standard / feature what i do need to look for?
    I was reading that sonos speakers do work, but it is first required to install them natively.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Living Room: piCorePlayer 8.0.0 on rPi 4 & 1TB USB (LMS 8.3 & Squeezelite), RME ADI-2 DAC, Unison Research Sinfonia, Klipsch Forte III.
    Bedroom: Boom / Workspace: Boom / Kitchen: Radio

Quote Originally Posted by schiff1108 View Post
    I understand that this plugin is enabling to connect wifi streaming loudspeakers with LMS.
    My question is whether certain speakers do better integrate than others? Is there a kind of standard / feature what i do need to look for?
    I was reading that sonos speakers do work, but it is first required to install them natively.
    Thanks for any advice.
    On paper, any UPnP/DLNA should work, although UPnP is a loosely enforced standard, so a fair bit of tweaking might be needed.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

and you do not get to use LMS sync capability with them.
    I have been happy with AirPlay rather than UPnP to numerous different devices.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Sonos device has disappeared

EDIT: I've resolved this now, but not sure why it happened! I completely removed the player from server.prefs and the Roam then reappeared when I started the bridge!

I'm pretty sure this is a Sonos issue rather than the bridge (they've probably rolled out an update this weekend) but was wondering if anybody else is had a problem over the last few days?

I've been happily using the bridge with a Sonos Roam for a few months now with no problems. I run LMS in a Docker container on my QNAP NAS, everything is on the latest version, and nothing has changed software-wise on LMS or the plug-in for at least a week... which is why I'm guessing Sonos have been messing around again!

During a house reorganisation on Sunday I completely powered off my Roam and QNAP NAS. When I brought everything back up again a few hours later, my Sonos Roam no longer appeared in my list of players in LMS.

My setup:
    LMS 8.2
    Squeezebox Touch (native connection)
    Apple HomePod Mini (via AirPlay Bridge)
    Sonos Roam on software version 13.3 (via uPnP Bridge)
    LG TV (via uPnP Bridge)

All devices came back online except the Sonos Roam. I temporarily switched the Roam over to the AirPlay bridge to check that worked, and all was okay, but no matter what I try uPnPBridge can no longer 'see' the Roam. The logs don't seem to show any errors (attached - set to 'Full') - it's almost like it can't see the Roam at all.

I've uninstalled the plugin, erased the related config files and reinstalled but still no joy.

I'm wondering if Sonos have tinkered with their protocols recently and the full power down I did on the Roam on Sunday has now broken something?

Is anybody else seeing an issue with Sonos at the moment using this bridge? The Roam is definitely on the network - I can AirPlay to it from my Mac, my phone, LMS etc. The bridge also seems to be able to see the other things on my network - the TV is successfully registered as a player for example.

upnpbridge.log
    upnpbridge.xml.txt
    Last edited by FatPete; 2021-10-19 at 13:22. Reason: Fixed the problem

Quote Originally Posted by FatPete View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is a Sonos issue rather than the bridge (they've probably rolled out an update this weekend) but was wondering if anybody else is had a problem over the last few days?

I've been happily using the bridge with a Sonos Roam for a few months now with no problems. I run LMS in a Docker container on my QNAP NAS, everything is on the latest version, and nothing has changed software-wise on LMS or the plug-in for at least a week... which is why I'm guessing Sonos have been messing around again!

During a house reorganisation on Sunday I completely powered off my Roam and QNAP NAS. When I brought everything back up again a few hours later, my Sonos Roam no longer appeared in my list of players in LMS.

My setup:
    LMS 8.2
    Squeezebox Touch (native connection)
    Apple HomePod Mini (via AirPlay Bridge)
    Sonos Roam on software version 13.3 (via uPnP Bridge)
    LG TV (via uPnP Bridge)

All devices came back online except the Sonos Roam. I temporarily switched the Roam over to the AirPlay bridge to check that worked, and all was okay, but no matter what I try uPnPBridge can no longer 'see' the Roam. The logs don't seem to show any errors (attached - set to 'Full') - it's almost like it can't see the Roam at all.

I've uninstalled the plugin, erased the related config files and reinstalled but still no joy.

I'm wondering if Sonos have tinkered with their protocols recently and the full power down I did on the Roam on Sunday has now broken something?

Is anybody else seeing an issue with Sonos at the moment using this bridge? The Roam is definitely on the network - I can AirPlay to it from my Mac, my phone, LMS etc. The bridge also seems to be able to see the other things on my network - the TV is successfully registered as a player for example.

upnpbridge.log
    upnpbridge.xml.txt
    No problem with Roam on my setup using airplay and upnp.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    No problem with Roam on my setup using airplay and upnp.
    Thanks for checking yours - no idea how I've managed to destroy my setup then! I'll keep tinkering and see what I can do.

EDIT: Aha! I figured I might as well remove the entry for my Roam from the server.prefs file... and then everything magically started working again at my next restart.
    Last edited by FatPete; 2021-10-19 at 13:23.

Moode have just released a new version after testing it for months. It has an updated version of upmpdcli. I thought I would try it and guess what, it still doesn't work with the plugin. My simple install of mpd and upmpdcli works perfectly so I have no idea what they are doing.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Moode have just released a new version after testing it for months. It has an updated version of upmpdcli. I thought I would try it and guess what, it still doesn't work with the plugin. My simple install of mpd and upmpdcli works perfectly so I have no idea what they are doing.

I mentioned this on the Moode forum but the lack of response says they don't care.