Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 250 of 313 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3122
    I have tried to build a xml file from scratch , using the help section of the plug in and regarding my device.

So it is better as I have new things on the plug in page now (see picture), even if there is unfortunately no Linn pre-defined devices available.
    But LMS still doesn't 'see' the kiko.

Hope Philippe could help further :-)

Name:  Capture d’écran 2019-05-18 à 11.57.00.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  140.0 KB

My edited xml :

Name:  Capture d’écran 2019-05-18 à 12.05.49.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  164.3 KB

Hi ,

I have applied some changes to the xml file, see below, but still the LMS doesn't recognize the Linn.
    It seems I am stuck with auto recognition : the plug in doesn't discover anything, so the 'uuid' field cannot be filed. Is there a way I could fill it manually ?

Hope you could help me further. it sounds to be so close...
    cheers,
    froggy

Name:  Capture d’écran 2019-05-18 à 13.31.57.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  148.3 KB

Name:  Capture d’écran 2019-05-18 à 13.31.21.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  142.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    ... So it will only work in "thru" mode. Then in the settings of the new version (in LMS), you'll find a parameter that let you control when/how unresponsivbe players are handled. It might help.
    Hello Philippe,

thank you very much by try to solve my problem. I copied the binary in the bin-file. But after restarting the bridge I can't select the squeeze2upnp-ppc-thru binary in the selection-field of the settings.

Is there a mistake?

Tnak you, thk_ms

Quote Originally Posted by thk_ms View Post
    Hello Philippe,

thank you very much by try to solve my problem. I copied the binary in the bin-file. But after restarting the bridge I can't select the squeeze2upnp-ppc-thru binary in the selection-field of the settings.

Is there a mistake?

Tnak you, thk_ms
    You have to rename it squeeze2upnp-ppc-static or squeeze2upnp-ppc
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Announce: UPnPBridge = integrate UPnP/DLNA players with LMS (squeeze2upnp)

Quote Originally Posted by froggy999 View Post
    Hi ,

I have applied some changes to the xml file, see below, but still the LMS doesn't recognize the Linn.
    It seems I am stuck with auto recognition : the plug in doesn't discover anything, so the 'uuid' field cannot be filed. Is there a way I could fill it manually ?

Hope you could help me further. it sounds to be so close...
    cheers,
    No, the player must be detected. Filling the xml file manually does not do anything. The way the process works is that the bridge detects players, look at xml file to adjust parameters and then looks for a LMS server. The xml file is not the trigger for player creation, just the source of parameters

Can you show a log
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-05-18 at 09:19.
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

@ Philippe

Hello and thank you for your help. The SSL idea was a good track to follow. From the moment I asked my nas the version of openssl it was running, the plug strated to work and the device parameters appeared. I truely cannot explain why it was that way; I updated nothing in between.
    So, at this point, LMS was able to show the Linn.
    this is the openssl I have on my nas
    Name:  openssl nas.png
Views: 308
Size:  62.1 KB

Now, there is something odd remaining and maybe you could explain: the MAC address of the Kiko starts with bb:bb, as if there was other devices with the same MAC address (as you mention in the help page). but there are none, and if I force the full MAC address in the xml file, the plug thus displays two machines found. Odd, isn't it ?
    Can you explain or do I have something to do ?

the very good news is that the Kiko is well recognized by LMS. Moreover, it works just fine ! :-))
    In order to make it work I started from the Jriver profile and, after many tests, I managed to found the proper tuning for the Linn.
    I would like to share this with other users and maybe have the profile available with the others listed in the plug in, a "Linn DS/DSM"
    Maybe, if some Linn users are reading this , they could test the profile with other Linn devices. My idea is that it should work as well with DS players or DSM players too.

this is my custom set up. please note that the HTTP setting doesn't display, but it is the last one in the list.
    If you have further questions, I'll be pleased to help.

cheers,
    Froggy

Name:  Linn custom setup.png
Views: 309
Size:  100.4 KB

@ Philippe

I have a side question: When a device is discovered in LMs, it has kind of a mini screenshot as an icon representing the device. How can I change this and have the picture of my device instead ?

cheers,
    froggy

Quote Originally Posted by froggy999 View Post
    Now, there is something odd remaining and maybe you could explain: the MAC address of the Kiko starts with bb:bb, as if there was other devices with the same MAC address (as you mention in the help page). but there are none, and if I force the full MAC address in the xml file, the plug thus displays two machines found.
    See my post #1481 and Philppe's reply #1482 in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    You have to rename it squeeze2upnp-ppc-static or squeeze2upnp-ppc
    Hello Philippe,

unfortunately it is the same issue like with every version over 1.4. The bridge doesn't run.

Name:  Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-05-20 21-25-35.png
Views: 273
Size:  5.9 KB

Do you have another idea?

Thanks, thk_ms

hi everyone

Tonight I managed to make the plug in work along with my Linn Akurate DSM.
    I applied the previous settings posted here above for the Linn Kiko. so far, the settings seem to match many DS/DSM streamers.
    Good for Linn owners.

How could these become part of the the pre-defined profiles list ?

cheers,
    Froggy