Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 249 of 264 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2636
    Quote Originally Posted by zaurux View Post
    What is the line in config file ?

EnvoyÚ de mon ZTE A2017G en utilisant Tapatalk
    <remove_timeout>
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

versions 1.17 and 1.18

Hi Philippe

I have been unable to run any version subsequent to 1.16.2 which I have had to revert to on my main machine.

1.17 failed to start correctly and I was hoping that 1.18 would work, but it also doesn't start properly and repeatedly crashes. I've attached a screen shot and log for your info.

Both machines are Win 7 Pro running the latest nightlies of LMS 7.9.2.

No other changes have been made other than updating to 1.17 and 1.18
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinPosset View Post
    Hi Philippe

I have been unable to run any version subsequent to 1.16.2 which I have had to revert to on my main machine.

1.17 failed to start correctly and I was hoping that 1.18 would work, but it also doesn't start properly and repeatedly crashes. I've attached a screen shot and log for your info.

Both machines are Win 7 Pro running the latest nightlies of LMS 7.9.2.

No other changes have been made other than updating to 1.17 and 1.18
    Can you try to add on the extra command line "-d all=sdebug" (no"")
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

I have returned to the quest of getting the bridge to play flac files to my Jongo. Jongos do not announce that they can play flacs but they can and the <allow_flac>1</allow_flac> line used to enable that. But somewhere in the 0.3 versions that (or the subsequent Additional Mime Types method) became broken and my Jongo was unable to play flacs. Despite quite a few emails and Wireshark captures to Philippe last year he was unable to identify the cause.

Over the last week or so I've been trying out each new dev version as it appeared. Somewhat to my surprise it is sort of working again. I'll explain.

The common parameters are left at the default values. For the Jongo there are two overrides. Codecs has a single entry, flac. Additional mime types has a single entry, audio/flac.

With these settings the Jongo does play flac files. However LMS reports that the VBR flac files are being converted to 705 kbit/s FLAC. Playing the exact same files to two other renderers (different brands but both based on Frontier Silicon chips) does not result in them being converted. Also no conversion using Philippe's Chromecast bridge to stream the same files to Google devices.

In a previous post by Philippe he said that LMS is unaware of any transcoding done by the bridge. I have no doubt that it is LMS that is doing the transcoding. But why is it doing that?

The LMS File Types has not been modified. The FLAC to FLAC is Native. There is no modification to the convert.conf file. There is no custom-convert.conf file.

It appears to me that Additional Mime Types audio/flac is not acting as a perfect substitute. LMS is not seeing the bridge+Jongo as having the exact same flac playing capability as bridge+a renderer which does explicitly declare its ability to play flacs.
    Last edited by drgeoff; 2019-05-10 at 09:50.

Quote Originally Posted by drgeoff View Post
    I have returned to the quest of getting the bridge to play flac files to my Jongo. Jongos do not announce that they can play flacs but they can and the <allow_flac>1</allow_flac> line used to enable that. But somewhere in the 0.3 versions that (or the subsequent Additional Mime Types method) became broken and my Jongo was unable to play flacs. Despite quite a few emails and Wireshark captures to Philippe last year he was unable to identify the cause.

Over the last week or so I've been trying out each new dev version as it appeared. Somewhat to my surprise it is sort of working again. I'll explain.

The common parameters are left at the default values. For the Jongo there are two overrides. Codecs has a single entry, flac. Additional mime types has a single entry, audio/flac.

With these settings the Jongo does play flac files. However LMS reports that the VBR flac files are being converted to 705 kbit/s FLAC. Playing the exact same files to two other renderers (different brands but both based on Frontier Silicon chips) does not result in them being converted. Also no conversion using Philippe's Chromecast bridge to stream the same files to Google devices.

In a previous post by Philippe he said that LMS is unaware of any transcoding done by the bridge. I have no doubt that it is LMS that is doing the transcoding. But why is it doing that?

The LMS File Types has not been modified. The FLAC to FLAC is Native. There is no modification to the convert.conf file. There is no custom-convert.conf file.

It appears to me that Additional Mime Types audio/flac is not acting as a perfect substitute. LMS is not seeing the bridge+Jongo as having the exact same flac playing capability as bridge+a renderer which does explicitly declare its ability to play flacs.
    The codec entry should be 'flc' not 'flac'

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    The codec entry should be 'flc' not 'flac'
    That was an error in my post. The codec entry is and always has been flc.

Can you try to add on the extra command line "-d all=sdebug" (no"")
    Where and how would I do that?

In the plugin's settings

Random disconnections with iFi iDSD Pro

Try version 1.18.0, I've added back a timeout to remove unreponsive players. Set it to any > value 0 (at least 120s is recommended) or to -1 to never remove them
    I set it to 120 as you recommend and have been testing this config for a few hours; it seems quite stable so far.
    Thanks a lot for this fix and such an amazing reactivity!

Don't bother, it was a problem with Windows 10 and ssl libraries. Look at 1.18.1