Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 239 of 290 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2898
    Quote Originally Posted by dagb View Post
    LMS and all players are on the same LAN, no iptables or other firewall involved. (Nor SELinux.)
    The stream from Tidal plays great on the SB Touch, so no issue between Tidal and LMS either.
    Dag B
    Then a log would help (do not add extra debugging). It does sound like some sort of networking problem as the Sonos work pretty well with default parameters now
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by sveninndh View Post
    Disabling Gapless has no effect, in the second log it is disabled.

I will try 'flow' but this solution is not very satifying, because of loosing track meta data.
    I would prefer a solution like 'HIFI-Cast' do, but I have no idea about the effort of developing this.
    If it's not simple, I have to forget this way, a great pity.

Sven
    I see ... well, then the Bose never ever reports when it has finished playing a track, even when there is no next track. This is really bad, shame on them for even releasing something so crappy and broken ... unbelievable. They obviously did not do even a *single* playback test.

I'm afraid 'flow' is your only option. You get some metadata if you re-encode in mp3, but you might not want mp3 ... Problem of what HiFiCast does is that it's totally non-standard and it might be fine when used standalone, but will not work well for a bridge.

I never do anything which is "if player X do Y", this is a receipe for spaghetti code. Still, send me a log where you've added "slimproto" in debug options and I'll see if I can do something which is not a total hack
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Disabling Gapless has no effect, in the second log it is disabled.

I will try 'flow' but this solution is not very satifying, because of loosing track meta data.
    I would prefer a solution like 'HIFI-Cast' do, but I have no idea about the effort of developing this.
    If it's not simple, I have to forget this way, a great pity.

Sven
    Can you try version 1.13.0.1 in the *dev* repository (see 1st post how to access it) and set in the upnpbridge.xml a new parameter <nudge>. When not 0, it sets the number of seconds of overtime afterwhat the Bridge will send a "Next". This parameter is *not* and will not be accessible from the webUI, you must edit the upnpbridge.xml manually

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Can you try version 1.13.0.1 in the *dev* repository (see 1st post how to access it) and set in the upnpbridge.xml a new parameter <nudge>. When not 0, it sets the number of seconds of overtime afterwhat the Bridge will send a "Next". This parameter is *not* and will not be accessible from the webUI, you must edit the upnpbridge.xml manually
    I tried 1.13.0.1 with <nudge> 0,1,2,3 with no noticable effect.

I also tried 'flow' and at first it seems better than I supposed.
    Of course, the BOSE does not display track metadata, but you can see everything in the controller app.

But 'flow' mode (or the BOSE player) seems to have problems with long playlists - for example the Qobuz playlists - .
    After a while playing stops with some scratch noises without any user action and the UPNP-player is suddenly disappeared in the list of players.
    It looks like that the BOSE hangs. In summary, I am not really lucky with this mode.

Is it possible to record the UPNP-traffic between the brigge, the LMS and the BOSE player fŘr you?

I tried some logs with device spy, but I don't understand the content.

DebugInformationPlay.log
    DebugInformationStop.log

141 = BOSE
    155 = LMS

Sven

I tried 1.13.0.1 with <nudge> 0,1,2,3 with no noticable effect.

I also tried 'flow' and at first it seems better than I supposed.
    Of course, the BOSE does not display track metadata, but you can see everything in the controller app.

But 'flow' mode (or the BOSE player) seems to have problems with long playlists - for example the Qobuz playlists - .
    After a while playing stops with some scratch noises without any user action and the UPNP-player is suddenly disappeared in the list of players.
    It looks like that the BOSE hangs. In summary, I am not really lucky with this mode.

Is it possible to record the UPNP-traffic between the brigge, the LMS and the BOSE player fŘr you?

Sven
    Can you try to take a log of 1.13 with slimproto set to debug? I need to know if at least the Bose is sending the time progress. If not, it's close to be a lost cause
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-04-13 at 23:47.

Can you try to take a log of 1.13 with slimproto set to debug? I need to know if at least the Bose is sending the time progress. If not, it's close to be a lost cause
    Here ist the log:

upnpbridge-log-slimproto.log

and the following are the settings used:

<common>
    <accept_nexturi>1</accept_nexturi>
    <raw_audio_format>raw,wav,aif</raw_audio_format>
    <streambuf_size>524288</streambuf_size>
    <flac_header>1</flac_header>
    <server>?</server>
    <sample_rate>48000</sample_rate>
    <seek_after_pause>0</seek_after_pause>
    <send_coverart>0</send_coverart>
    <send_icy>2</send_icy>
    <resample_options></resample_options>
    <send_metadata>1</send_metadata>
    <roon_mode>0</roon_mode>
    <volume_on_play>-1</volume_on_play>
    <L24_format>1</L24_format>
    <output_size>4194304</output_size>
    <enabled>1</enabled>
    <mode>flc,r:-44100,s:16</mode>
    <codecs>aac,ogg,flc,alc,aif,pcm,mp3</codecs>
    <max_volume>100</max_volume>
    <forced_mimetypes>audio/mp3,audio/flac,audio/pcm</forced_mimetypes>
    <nudge>1</nudge>
    <volume_feedback>1</volume_feedback>
    <stream_length>-3</stream_length>
    <auto_play>0</auto_play>
    </common>

<device>
    <udn>uuid:BO5EBO5E-F00D-F00D-FEED-2C6B7DA9E838</udn>
    <accept_nexturi>0</accept_nexturi>
    <mode>flc,r:-44100,s:16</mode>
    <enabled>1</enabled>
    <mac>bb:bb:1e:1b:da:db</mac>
    <send_icy>0</send_icy>
    <send_coverart>0</send_coverart>
    <seek_after_pause>0</seek_after_pause>
    <friendly_name>Badezimmer</friendly_name>
    <send_metadata>1</send_metadata>
    <nudge>3</nudge>
    <L24_format>1</L24_format>
    <name>Badezimmer</name>
    <stream_length>-3</stream_length>
    </device>

The song started at [18:23:35.323592].
    The song has a duration of 54 seconds and should end at [18:24:29]
    At [18:24:17.164869] 12 seconds before the song ends, the bridge sends the information about the next song.

At [18:24:29] the song is at the end and all is quite, the bose shows all the time the meta of the first song.

Over a minute later at [18:26:02.066593] I pushed the pause button, but it don't stop, it started playing again.
    I repeated this a few times and than the playing stopped.

I hope this helps.

Here ist the log:
    I hope this helps.
    Ok, that's clear. I've made a different attempt. Please forget the "nudge" parameter but instead set "accept_nexturi" to 2.
    It will be available as 1.13.0.2 in a few minutes

[edit]: a quick feedback would be super appreciated as I'm trying to finish a group of updates today
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2019-04-14 at 12:28.

Ok, that's clear. I've made a different attempt. Please forget the "nudge" parameter but instead set "accept_nexturi" to 2.
    It will be available as 1.13.0.2 in a few minutes
    Sorry, I have problems to set <accept_nexturi>2</accept_nexturi>,
    after each music start, it is reset to <accept_nexturi>1</accept_nexturi>.

So currently I can't see any change, music still stops still at end of first song.

Sorry, I have problems to set <accept_nexturi>2</accept_nexturi>,
    after each music start, it is reset to <accept_nexturi>1</accept_nexturi>.

So currently I can't see any change, music still stops still at end of first song.
    oh, I see - can you uncheck the "autosave", then edit the file

oh, I see - can you uncheck the "autosave", then edit the file
    Now <accept_nexturi>2</accept_nexturi> is saved permanently.

But music still stops.

But I recognized one change, the pause button changed from pause to play symbol at the end of the first track, this is new, so far the pause symbol remained.

Here is the log and the settings again:

upnpbridge-log-slimproto-2.log
    upnpbridge.xml.txt