Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 101 of 324 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3232
  1. #1001
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    I have tried some different settings to get tracks with very large comment tags (the text from a CD booklet) to play on my M1 CLiC. Most HTTP modes fail immediately. Of those that work a bit:

    - chunked (my normal setting) - works well except on track with large comment tags which usually don't play
    - full buffering - seems to work with all tracks, albeit with an initial delay (expected), except very large ones (eg 25 minutes) where the renderer seems to time out waiting for the track to start
    - fixed large size - initially works with all tracks, but before the end of each track it skips to the next one and sometimes gets an error on the renderer

    I also tried setting the streaming timeout to -1, no flac header, fixed flac header. None helped.

    So I changed back to streaming pcm as priority (ie codecs pcm, flc, mp3) and that works for all tracks. I previously stopped using pcm due to occasional breaks in sound on high resolution (24/192) tracks. It played one such album well last night, so I'll leave it at that setting for now. I have recently updated the operating system on my server, and found ways to increase the priority of LMS/sq2u - this may have helped stop the breaks in sound.

    I have wondered if there is a way to get the flac program to remove comments (in custom-convert.conf) but haven't found a parameter for that yet. sox may be able to do it, but I haven't investigated that yet.

    EDIT: I said that the problem seemed to be the 'COMMENT' tag - it isn't, it's a 'LYRICS' tag. I found a program (metaflac) that can delete such tags but it can't do it on the fly as far as I can tell. I don't want to remove the information in the original flac (it can be shown on the web gui left panel), I just don't want to stream it.
    I thought I should dig a little deeper. I started deleting tags from the flac. Deleting LYRICS made no difference.

    The fix came when I deleted the artwork. I had assumed that wasn't the problem because I don't send it to my renderer ("include cover art" is no). However it is, of course, still in the flac header, which is why it is so big (the artwork work is around 1.1MB). I have a tool (Bliss) which can resize all artwork in flacs, so I'll run that soon. I assume other servers are either resizing or deleting the artwork from the header before sending the flac.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

  2. #1002
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    I thought I should dig a little deeper. I started deleting tags from the flac. Deleting LYRICS made no difference.

    The fix came when I deleted the artwork. I had assumed that wasn't the problem because I don't send it to my renderer ("include cover art" is no). However it is, of course, still in the flac header, which is why it is so big (the artwork work is around 1.1MB). I have a tool (Bliss) which can resize all artwork in flacs, so I'll run that soon. I assume other servers are either resizing or deleting the artwork from the header before sending the flac.
    Could it be that, in the HTTP chunked mode, the player does not receive the beginning of the audio track in the first chunk and then might drop the link?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  3. #1003
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Could it be that, in the HTTP chunked mode, the player does not receive the beginning of the audio track in the first chunk and then might drop the link?
    I haven't been able to read the wiresharks myself. Does that show? If so, could I fix it some other way than resizing artwork in the flacs (which I'll do anyway).

    BTW, option -5 (full buffer) is not listed in the user manual attribute definition for stream_length, although it is in the explanation section earlier.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

  4. #1004
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    I haven't been able to read the wiresharks myself. Does that show? If so, could I fix it some other way than resizing artwork in the flacs (which I'll do anyway).

    BTW, option -5 (full buffer) is not listed in the user manual attribute definition for stream_length, although it is in the explanation section earlier.
    Can you try to change in the config file the <max_GET_bytes> parameter to 200000? It will force chunks to be of that size. If you can, another wireshark with that value would help as well.

    Thanks for catching the -5 option miss, I've now updated the doc
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2016-05-11 at 20:55.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  5. #1005
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Can you try to change in the config file the <max_GET_bytes> parameter to 200000? It will force chunks to be of that size. If you can, another wireshark with that value would help as well.

    Thanks for catching the -5 option miss, I've now updated the doc
    Do you mean 200000 or 2000000? I'm not sure what you want (or why).
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

  6. #1006
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,099
    I mean 200000 (below 1M) so that the chunks are smaller
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  7. #1007
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I mean 200000 (below 1M) so that the chunks are smaller
    I have PM'd a link.

    The log and config are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

  8. #1008
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,134

    Upnpbridge binaries for picoreplayer?

    I've tried setting up upnpbridge on picoreplayer LMS. The binaries offered are arm5 and arm6. Both appear to run.

    However, a device which works on a debian LMS fails to produce any sound on picore LMS.

    I suspect it's something to do with the Tiny Linux which picore uses.

    Any ideas? Anybody tried picore LMS and upnpbridge?
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

    Amp: Denon PMA-50

    Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  9. #1009
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I've tried setting up upnpbridge on picoreplayer LMS. The binaries offered are arm5 and arm6. Both appear to run.

    However, a device which works on a debian LMS fails to produce any sound on picore LMS.

    I suspect it's something to do with the Tiny Linux which picore uses.

    Any ideas? Anybody tried picore LMS and upnpbridge?
    A log would help - you might have a firewall issue
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  10. #1010
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,134
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    A log would help - you might have a firewall issue
    Solved - it works with the armv6 binary (but not the static version).
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

    Amp: Denon PMA-50

    Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •