Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 362 of 369 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 3683
    Transcode setting for both Common Parameters and Lounge Naim is blank.

Even odder is that the Naim has been playing Spotify just fine till two days ago. And then it just stopped doing it. And I have not fiddled with any settings for ages till today either.

Looking at the config file I can see that for Common Mode is set to thru too.... and it is not overridden in the Naim settings.

All seems fine if I set Naim transcode to Flac and click Flow (for Mixes?). If there's not drawback I'm happy to continue with this mode. I'm also happy to try anything if you want to know more but it looks to me I should rummage through the Naim itself.

I do have another issue I'd like advice on how to best diagnose, if you have the time.

Often the first track of a local flac album will just not start until I forward to the second track (which will start) and then back to the first track which will then start. And sometimes the player just disappears from LMS requiring a power cycle to get it back. The Naim is wired to a switch along with a SB+ and a Touch and they are fine, so it's not a connection issue.

How can I go about diagnosing this, bearing in mind it happens only infrequently?

Thanks very much for you help and your work on the Castbridge and UPNP plugins Philippe. Its due to them that I have been able to continue with LMS.
    Last edited by ModelCitizen; 2022-01-18 at 15:33.
    Take care of your tongue. It is in a wet place and can easily slip.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
    Kitchen/outside: Chromecast audio, Azatom iBigBoy 2 (500W)
    And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

Quote Originally Posted by ModelCitizen View Post
    Transcode setting for both Common Parameters and Lounge Naim is blank.

Even odder is that the Naim has been playing Spotify just fine till two days ago. And then it just stopped doing it. And I have not fiddled with any settings for ages till today either.

Looking at the config file I can see that for Common Mode is set to thru too.... and it is not overridden in the Naim settings.

All seems fine if I set Naim transcode to Flac and click Flow (for Mixes?). If there's not drawback I'm happy to continue with this mode. I'm also happy to try anything if you want to know more but it looks to me I should rummage through the Naim itself.

I do have another issue I'd like advice on how to best diagnose, if you have the time.

Often the first track of a local flac album will just not start until I forward to the second track (which will start) and then back to the first track which will then start. And sometimes the player just disappears from LMS requiring a power cycle to get it back. The Naim is wired to a switch along with a SB+ and a Touch and they are fine, so it's not a connection issue.

How can I go about diagnosing this, bearing in mind it happens only infrequently?

Thanks very much for you help and your work on the Castbridge and UPNP plugins Philippe. Its due to them that I have been able to continue with LMS.
    For ogg, it might be that it supports it but does not report it properly. I did an update not so long ago that might have made that inconsistency visible. An option is to use ôforce mimetypesö to audio/ogg

For the flac problem, try your best to capture a log with the problem and post it (clean the log as frequently as possible)
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Ok, got it - version 1.81.2 should take care of "ogg" issue. Please try it (should be there in a few minutes) with transcode set to "none"
    I'm sorry. I missed this post.

I wasn't sure if the plugin would update itself or whether I should download the code from GITHub. It didn't update so I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it over my existing installation. Although the Changelog now indicates it is version 1.81.2 in LMS Active Plugins section it's advertised as 1.81.0 still. Did I say LMS is on a Windows machine?

Anyway, there is no difference. All is the same. Still Spotify fils won't play on the Naim. I have restarted LMS a number of times and also restarted the plugin.

For clarity:
    Common Parameters. Transcode is set to 'None'
    Lounge Naim. Transcode is blank.

I have covid and have to go to bed now. Thanks very much for your help. I'll look back tomorrow.

Lounge: Naim NDX with Touch as controller, Naim NAP 180, NAC 82, NAPSC, HiCap, Shahinian Arc speakers
    And... SB+, radios & tons of Chromecasts... all run from LMS and controlled via Material Skin on any nearby device and a couple of Touchs.

It only works!!

Hi Philippe.

This morning I created a test Ogg file from an MP3 with Foobar and was surprised that it played fine on the Naim but that Spotify playlist still would not. So I created a number of logs and started to write a post. Then I noticed that LMS plugins needed updating. I allowed this and the UPnP/DNLA listed version became 1.81.2..... and then the Spotify playlist worked!

So, thank you very much indeed. I owe you a few beers and a meal at least.

One small question. To problem solve the issue with the first track not playing (and hopefully the Naim falling off the network problem too) am I right to understand I should run the plugin without any 'extra command line options'?

Broken images in UPnP/DNLA Bridge plugin User Guide

Possibly too trivial to deal with but on Windows the images do not show up in the User Guide. If I open the User Guide html file direct from the plugin folder though the images display fine.

Address on file system
    HTML
    file:///C:/ProgramData/Squeezebox/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/UPnPBridge/HTML/EN/plugins/UPnPBridge/userguide.htm
    First image
    file:///C:/ProgramData/Squeezebox/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/UPnPBridge/HTML/EN/plugins/UPnPBridge/userguide_files/image001.jpg

Address on LMS
    HTML
    http://192.168.1.200:9000/Default/upnpbridge-guide.htm
    Address of first image (image does not display)
    http://192.168.1.200:9000/Default/us...s/image001.jpg

Now I see those wonderful images the workings of the plugin are much clearer. What a piece of work.

First track of an album will not play

Hi Philippe.

As requested here is the log for the following issue:

First track of an album will not play so I click fwd to next track that does play and then rwd (twice) to play first track successfully.

The album is Comicopera by Robert Wyatt. The First track is called 'Stay Tuned' and the second 'Just As We Are'

The issue starts at 17:26:17.004, near the end of the log.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Philippe.

As requested here is the log for the following issue:

First track of an album will not play so I click fwd to next track that does play and then rwd (twice) to play first track successfully.

The album is Comicopera by Robert Wyatt. The First track is called 'Stay Tuned' and the second 'Just As We Are'

The issue starts at 17:26:17.004, near the end of the log.

Thanks.
    Just to be sure: the previous track was a long pcm of about 10 mins and you interrupted it around the middle, correct?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Just to be sure: the previous track was a long pcm of about 10 mins and you interrupted it around the middle, correct?
    Yes I did. The track was 10.51 seconds long and from a Spotify Playlist.

Yes I did. The track was 10.51 seconds long and from a Spotify Playlist.
    Is this a pattern that would reproduce the issue?

1- spotify (using PCM)
    2- interrupt
    3- local flac

End of very long track looping silently

Is this a pattern that would reproduce the issue?
    1- spotify (using PCM)
    2- interrupt
    3- local flac
    I cannot reproduce it doing this, neither by pausing a Spotify track and then playing a local flac file nor by interrupting the 'now playing' spotify track by playing a flac file.

I did try to reproduce it by playing the same spotify playlist I was playing before and playing a flac file during the playback of the 10.50 min track (which is the second of a number of long tracks in the playlist). However I was interrupted by a long phone call and when I came back to the hifi it was silent and LMS showed it continually looping the last few seconds of the third track in the playlist. I've attached the log for this. When I saw what was happening I hit fwd to see if the next track played. It didn't seem to do much (possibly my fat finger missing the play icon?) so then I paused it and hit fwd and the next track played. This is the last part of the log. The first three tracks in the playlist are over 10 minutes long.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0v...d022d7c3fe464b

Tracks
    1) A-Deck by Sleep Research Facility. 14.01m
    2) 86░S 115░W by by Sleep Research Facility. 10.52m (the track that was interrupted when I reported issue first)
    3) Novya Zemlya by Thomas K÷ner. 11.52m (the silent looping occurred at the end of this track)
    4) Nieve Pentitentes 2 by Thomas K÷ner. 4.43m (the track I managed to play next)

I remember something about songs over 10 minutes long in the User Guide or on this forum but can't find it now.
    I have not made any changes to the bridge config so it is as it was before (file attached in a post above)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ModelCitizen; 2022-01-24 at 14:28.