Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 312 of 316 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3157
    Quote Originally Posted by sachadog View Post
    It's odd and I don't know a way round it.
    Maybe try a different web browser - e.g. Chrome or Firefox - just in case there is something about the bridge settings page that is causing an issue.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Maybe try a different web browser - e.g. Chrome or Firefox - just in case there is something about the bridge settings page that is causing an issue.
    It’s weird because the bridge settings are not applied until you press apply... so changing to flow for example should not do anything before apply is pressed. And the fact that everything stops when apply is pressed is normal as the bridge is stopped then restarted so that it rereads the config file.
    The only case where something is done w/o apply pressed is when to use one of the other buttons like clean or change which player’s options are visible. But when you do that, options you might have change are not saved. Only apply saves them.
    I would be very surprised that a browser would not respect that.
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Announce: UPnPBridge = integrate UPnP/DLNA players with LMS (squeeze2upnp)

Hi Philippe,

When I set the bridge up as per your instructions and flow mode is slected in MP3, my Flac tracks are played correctly and I get the artwork on the player screen.

If I then select the Apply tab in the bottom right of the screen, the system stops, I lose the playing mode and the system reverts to playing all of my tracks in MP3 at 128kbps without artwork.

If I don't select apply, in the bottom right of the screen, when I close down the computer, I lose all the settings and I'm back to square one.

If I revert back to the LMS Control Panel and press Apply there, I again lose all the music and artwork as described above.

Therefore, if I basically don't press any apply button, the bridge works perfectly, track by track, in flow mode. There is no crossfade working, so I will have to accept that it does not want to work for some reason.

As far as I am concerned, I have astandard W10 computer with more than ample power. I've not set up any actions that should affect the running of LMS or the UPnP bridge.

One remark: I’m 99.9% sure that because you have not clicked apply but just changed parameters, the bridge is NOT in flow mode, NONE of the parameters you have changed is taken into account. That explains perfectly why you don’t have crossfade
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Hi Philippe,

When I set the bridge up as per your instructions and flow mode is slected in MP3, my Flac tracks are played correctly and I get the artwork on the player screen.
    Unless you have clicked "apply", flow is not activated, *none* of the changes you have made on the parameters is taken into account *until* you click apply
    If I then select the Apply tab in the bottom right of the screen, the system stops, I lose the playing mode and the system reverts to playing all of my tracks in MP3 at 128kbps without artwork.
    Yes, per our previous discussion, many players do not handle artwork in flow (webradio) mode, unfortunately. So this is fully expected. Now I don't understand what you mean by "I lose playing mode"
    If I don't select apply, in the bottom right of the screen, when I close down the computer, I lose all the settings and I'm back to square one.
    Yes, that's what "apply" does, it's applying the changes.
    If I revert back to the LMS Control Panel and press Apply there, I again lose all the music and artwork as described above.

Therefore, if I basically don't press any apply button, the bridge works perfectly, track by track, in flow mode. There is no crossfade working, so I will have to accept that it does not want to work for some reason.

As far as I am concerned, I have astandard W10 computer with more than ample power. I've not set up any actions that should affect the running of LMS or the UPnP bridge.

Please re-explain "I again lose all the music". Understand that when you click "apply", the bridge is stopped and restarted so anything that was playing stops. It is generally not a good idea to change parameters while something is playing. For artwork in mp3 flow mode, the explanation is given above

Cannot find Sonos Move - it just disappeared - Can see Sonos Play 5

After installing this bridge, I was able to initially see both my Sonos Move and my Sonos Play 5. After about an hour, the Sonos Move disappeared from the list of available devices in LMS. I can still view Sonos Play 5 and my Samsung TV (in addition to my Squeezebox Boom and Squeezebox Radio).

When I open the list of plugins, under the list of "Players currently in the configuration file", the Sonos Move still is listed. I've tried hitting the "restart" button next to "Start the Bridge" but didn't work. I also tried rebooting the Sonos Move too. I can view both Sonos devices in my Sonos app, but again, I cannot view the Sonos Move in the LMS server, nor in my iPeng app which I used on iOS.

I am running Windows 10, and I've attached the server log file if that helps:

server.log.zip

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Thank you,
    Barry

The plugin log (from the plugin settings page) is probably the most useful.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

hi, philippe

I found that when I playing some local music file with Roon, using Roon bridge, it's ok. But if I using squeeze2upnp to bridge the music to DLNA render, then the music play is ok, but the progress bar does not move and can not play the next track automatically.

My Roon core and squeeze2upnp runs on Synology NAS DS 918+, the DLAN Render is PS Audio PWD

and another problem is my render always displays one line I think is playing from LMS Bala Bala... not the metadata of the track.

Quote Originally Posted by hjianhao View Post
    hi, philippe

I found that when I playing some local music file with Roon, using Roon bridge, it's ok. But if I using squeeze2upnp to bridge the music to DLNA render, then the music play is ok, but the progress bar does not move and can not play the next track automatically.

My Roon core and squeeze2upnp runs on Synology NAS DS 918+, the DLAN Render is PS Audio PWD

and another problem is my render always displays one line I think is playing from LMS Bala Bala... not the metadata of the track.

There is another problem, I use the passthrough mode, playing the 24/96khz FLAC file from Roon. My render display "24/96khz mp3"? It looks a little strange. It's stream format error, or it's really encoded to mp3 by squeeze2upnp?

hi, philippe

There is another problem, I use the passthrough mode, playing the 24/96khz FLAC file from Roon. My render display "24/96khz mp3"? It looks a little strange. It's stream format error, or it's really encoded to mp3 by squeeze2upnp?
    There is no metadata with Roon. It's because Roon does not offer to mimic the CLI interface that I need for grabbing that metadata

LMS On Third Party Players Using The UPnP Bridge

Hi Philippe

I'm sorry this is turning into a bit of a soap opera. No matter what I do with the bridge, in Firefox,(Default browser) when I set the bridge up and before even starting the music, I press apply in the bottom right of the screen. I have selected Flow mode and MP3 as your previous post suggests. The moment I press apply and start the music, it's a bit of a lottery as to whether the music actually starts and if it starts, it comes up on the screen as unknown track, unknown artist, no artwork and the track is changed to 128kbps replay.

If I do the same having restarted LMS and I clear and regenerate, as you suggest, I set the bridge up, as you suggest and play music without pressing the apply, then the bridge starts working almost flawlessly, with tracks played in Flac and artwork displayed. If at anytime I press apply either with the bridge settings displayed, or going back to the LMS control panel and pressing apply there, the music comes to an abrupt stop. The player goes into "pause" mode. If I restart the music, then it goes as above with tracks changed to 128kbps MP3 and no artwork and the music stutters and stops at random places. It sometimes rejects individual tracks, but selecting next track on my Touch remote, starts the music again, continuing in the MP3 mode.

I propose to try LMS using Chrome and Edge to see if I get different results.