Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 311 of 317 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3166
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Crap, crap and crap: I delayed the wrong slimproto message, so guess why it would not change anything. Please use 1.49.7
    Hi Philippe

Just wanted to give you a quick update after your changes for version 1.49.7 to workaround the intermittent skipping issues I was seeing with Sonos.

Good news - over the last few days I haven't had any skipped tracks, so fingers crossed it's all sorted now. Thanks again

Pete

Hi Philippe, I am running squeeze2upnp on my Synology NAS, I found the process cost nearly 100% CPU core even I don't play anything.

I had tried to restart it. but the process still costs 100% CPU.

The following line I copy from the "top" command result

1361 hjianhao 20 0 753.3m 12.6m 99.3 0.2 143:39.02 R ./Bin/squeeze2upnp-x86-64-static -x upnpbridge.xml

Quote Originally Posted by hjianhao View Post
    Hi Philippe, I am running squeeze2upnp on my Synology NAS, I found the process cost nearly 100% CPU core even I don't play anything.

1361 hjianhao 20 0 753.3m 12.6m 99.3 0.2 143:39.02 R ./Bin/squeeze2upnp-x86-64-static -x upnpbridge.xml
    i'm also a Synology user, running LMS 8.2 in Docker. There i haven't this issue. The only 100% issue is, when custom scan from erland is running.....

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    i'm also a Synology user, running LMS 8.2 in Docker. There i haven't this issue. The only 100% issue is, when custom scan from erland is running.....
    I am not running a real LMS server, I am running Roon 1.8, enable the squeezebox feature, stream to squeeze2upnp then convert to DLNA.

I found even I am not using roon to play music, squeeze2upnp process still cost 100% CPU core, I am confused.

my nas is DS918+ and my OS is DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 3

The following is my config file.

<squeeze2upnp>
    <common>
    <volume_feedback>1</volume_feedback>
    <streambuf_size>10485760</streambuf_size>
    <enabled>0</enabled>
    <send_metadata>1</send_metadata>
    <mode>thru</mode>
    <seek_after_pause>0</seek_after_pause>
    <raw_audio_format>raw,wav,aif</raw_audio_format>
    <auto_play>0</auto_play>
    <codecs>aac,ogg,ops,ogf,flc,alc,wav,aif,pcm,mp3</codecs>
    <server>?</server>
    <stream_length>-1</stream_length>
    <resample_options></resample_options>
    <roon_mode>1</roon_mode>
    <flac_header>1</flac_header>
    <volume_on_play>1</volume_on_play>
    <forced_mimetypes></forced_mimetypes>
    <accept_nexturi>1</accept_nexturi>
    <sample_rate>48000</sample_rate>
    <L24_format>1</L24_format>
    <output_size>6758400</output_size>
    <max_volume>100</max_volume>
    <send_icy>1</send_icy>
    <send_coverart>1</send_coverart>
    <remove_timeout>120</remove_timeout>
    </common>
    <slimmain_log>warn</slimmain_log>
    <log_limit>-1</log_limit>
    <decode_log>warn</decode_log>
    <upnp_log>info</upnp_log>
    <stream_log>warn</stream_log>
    <slimproto_log>info</slimproto_log>
    <output_log>info</output_log>
    <device>
    <enabled>0</enabled>
    <mac>bb:bb:5d:56:92:29</mac>
    <friendly_name>foobar2000 Renderer (hjian) [DESKTOP-G3D77NB]</friendly_name>
    <name>foobar2000 Renderer (hjian) [DESKTOP-G3D77NB]</name>
    <udn>uuid:63d83066-b12e-403f-72f5-61b1e652643b</udn>
    </device>
    <device>
    <friendly_name>LIVINGROOM</friendly_name>
    <name>LIVINGROOM</name>
    <udn>uuid:9166ce01-e4b5-4d56-8a1a-6a031b3b416b</udn>
    <sample_rate>192000</sample_rate>
    <enabled>1</enabled>
    <mac>bb:bb:f6:01:08:e7</mac>
    <mode>thru</mode>
    </device>
    <device>
    <enabled>0</enabled>
    <mac>bb:bb:27:d1:2a:de</mac>
    <udn>uuid:db85fea0-9e0f-b8c9-7fdf-dca6326bc645</udn>
    <name>my-moode-upnp-UPnP/AV</name>
    <friendly_name>my-moode-upnp-UPnP/AV</friendly_name>
    </device>
    <binding>192.168.1.100:49155</binding>
    <main_log>info</main_log>
    <util_log>warn</util_log>
    <upnp_socket>127.0.0.1:49165</upnp_socket>
    </squeeze2upnp>

Quote Originally Posted by hjianhao View Post

How do you launch it? I assume it's using a launcher that tries to background it. Per documentation, you *must* disable interactive mode or it will consume all CPU. Use -Z to disable interactive or -z if you're under Linux to self-background
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by FatPete View Post
    Hi Philippe

Just wanted to give you a quick update after your changes for version 1.49.7 to workaround the intermittent skipping issues I was seeing with Sonos.

Good news - over the last few days I haven't had any skipped tracks, so fingers crossed it's all sorted now. Thanks again

Pete
    That's good - would mean that the issue was really that very fast chaining of events
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

How do you launch it? I assume it's using a launcher that tries to background it. Per documentation, you *must* disable interactive mode or it will consume all CPU. Use -Z to disable interactive or -z if you're under Linux to self-background
    Thank you, it works.

Your squeeze2upnp helps me a lot for using roon and only have DLNA streaming DAC(no roon ready DAC).

LMS On Third Party Players Using The UPnP Bridge

Hi Philippe,

I have tried your settings. The first time, as I reported, all the music was in "poor quality" MP3, having been transcoded from Flac.

I went through the setup another two times, before the system started to work as you would expect. I then had replay, but track by track, in Flac with no crossfade etc., even though, I had set up crossfade using one of my Squeezebox controllers (from my Duet). There was an occasional stumble over individual tracks of music, but the system then seemed to go into automatic mode and moved on to the next track on the playlist. The settings in the bridge were not retained.

Again today, I started the system. I found that once again the settings had not been retained and I had to set up the bridge according to your instructions. I again saved the settings and I will hope they are retained for the next time I start streaming music, but so far, this has not been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by sachadog View Post
    Hi Philippe,

I have tried your settings. The first time, as I reported, all the music was in "poor quality" MP3, having been transcoded from Flac.

I went through the setup another two times, before the system started to work as you would expect. I then had replay, but track by track, in Flac with no crossfade etc., even though, I had set up crossfade using one of my Squeezebox controllers (from my Duet). There was an occasional stumble over individual tracks of music, but the system then seemed to go into automatic mode and moved on to the next track on the playlist. The settings in the bridge were not retained.

Again today, I started the system. I found that once again the settings had not been retained and I had to set up the bridge according to your instructions. I again saved the settings and I will hope they are retained for the next time I start streaming music, but so far, this has not been the case.
    Per previous discussion, crossfade only work in flow mode, make sure you have that. Now, I really don't know what you mean by "setting not retained". I've not heard so far an issue where, if you click "apply", the settings are not written to the configuration file. Unless your *whole* system (I mean OS and al) is configured to not allow changes to survive a reboot. Some VM can be configured like that, but that's beyond my plugin. All I'm doing is storing settings in a file that should then be read at next startup.

LMS On Third Party Players Using The UPnP Bridge

Per previous discussion, crossfade only work in flow mode, make sure you have that. Now, I really don't know what you mean by "setting not retained". I've not heard so far an issue where, if you click "apply", the settings are not written to the configuration file. Unless your *whole* system (I mean OS and al) is configured to not allow changes to survive a reboot. Some VM can be configured like that, but that's beyond my plugin. All I'm doing is storing settings in a file that should then be read at next startup.
    Hi Philippe,

When I set the bridge up as per your instructions and flow mode is slected in MP3, my Flac tracks are played correctly and I get the artwork on the player screen.

If I then select the Apply tab in the bottom right of the screen, the system stops, I lose the playing mode and the system reverts to playing all of my tracks in MP3 at 128kbps without artwork.

If I don't select apply, in the bottom right of the screen, when I close down the computer, I lose all the settings and I'm back to square one.

If I revert back to the LMS Control Panel and press Apply there, I again lose all the music and artwork as described above.

Therefore, if I basically don't press any apply button, the bridge works perfectly, track by track, in flow mode. There is no crossfade working, so I will have to accept that it does not want to work for some reason.

As far as I am concerned, I have astandard W10 computer with more than ample power. I've not set up any actions that should affect the running of LMS or the UPnP bridge.

It's odd and I don't know a way round it.