Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,264

    [Announce] MOD and MIDI playback

    MOD player is a plugin to play tracker chiptunes and MIDI files.

    More information on the homepage.

    Some sources for music:
    The Mod Archive
    World of Game MODs / World of Game MIDs
    Various SW: Web Interface | Text Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer | Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,264
    updated to support Amiga / Atari ST / C64 (SID) game music
    Last edited by Roland0; 2021-03-18 at 00:03.
    Various SW: Web Interface | Text Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer | Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    104
    Great work and thanks!
    Br,
    Vegard


    2x SB Touch, 5x SB Radio, LMS on a (modified)Max2Play RPi 3, iPeng on iOS
    Xindak XA6950, CA DacMagic, Klipsch RF-7, B&W ASW610XP
    last.fm/user/vegarlu / github.com/Vegz78/GRUVI / retrospill.ninja

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    MOD player is a plugin to play tracker chiptunes and MIDI files.

    More information on the homepage.

    Some sources for music:
    The Mod Archive
    World of Game MODs / World of Game MIDs
    Many thanks for this, vgm/vgz support planned?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by jocker666z View Post
    vgm/vgz support planned?
    You've probably seen this thread which shows how to get such files to play.
    The missing part is the metadata, at a first glance it looks possible to get it from a vgm file, so I'll check how easy it would be to add this to the plugin. Don't hold your breath, though, as I'm rather busy atm.
    Various SW: Web Interface | Text Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer | Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    You've probably seen this thread which shows how to get such files to play.
    The missing part is the metadata, at a first glance it looks possible to get it from a vgm file, so I'll check how easy it would be to add this to the plugin. Don't hold your breath, though, as I'm rather busy atm.
    https://github.com/vgmrips/vgmtools/...ster/vgm_tag.c does this very well.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by jocker666z View Post
    while I appreciate the pointer, LMS plugins are written in Perl, so this doesn't really help.
    Various SW: Web Interface | Text Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer | Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    while I appreciate the pointer, LMS plugins are written in Perl, so this doesn't really help.
    And this: https://vgmrips.net/wiki/VGM_Specification

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •